Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1110

post #16636 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingus Ah Um View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post
 

Can anyone guess the album on my wallpaper? And, for a while, only because of lack of funds;)

The Antlers - Hospice

 

One of my favorite yet somewhat depressing albums...

Bingo! Yes, also one of my favorite albums, very depressing:(

post #16637 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryLeak View Post
 

Here is mine at the moment, "Mid-Fi" I would guess haha. You all have some VERY nice listening area's. I need some stands for the cans...


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

How is the Ocean amp, I have one and love it.

post #16638 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post
 

 

How is the Ocean amp, I have one and love it.

I am loving it too, although my amp experiences are limited to the E12 and the Ocean. But the Ocean really brings out the bass of the DT-990, even with the stock tube. I think it sounds great.

post #16639 of 18396

Since my last posting into this thread I bought MacMini as my digital source for music (also upgrade it already: changed stock 1TB HDD on 128GB SSD and stock 2x2GB RAM modules on 2x8GB RAM modules), now listening music mostly through JRiver controlling it via JRemote app on my Ipad, it's very comfortable way to control IMO, I like it very much... also MacMini is really a great digital source via USB for Debussy in terms of sound quality :)

 

Cable "hell" in the back of the rack :rolleyes:

post #16640 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androb View Post
 

My listening place at the pc is getting a different look :) Still got some cables to hide and some small stuff to do but starting to look nice anyway.

That lighting...

post #16641 of 18396

Oh my! What a stung setup! End game system if I ever saw one.

I'm thinking of going full SSD in my MacMini.  I'm finding that the same music sounds a little better out of my MacBook Air. HD noise?

Anyway, very, very nice.  I'm sure that it sounds as good as it looks.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonOwen View Post
 

Since my last posting into this thread I bought MacMini as my digital source for music (also upgrade it already: changed stock 1TB HDD on 128GB SSD and stock 2x2GB RAM modules on 2x8GB RAM modules), now listening music mostly through JRiver controlling it via JRemote app on my Ipad, it's very comfortable way to control IMO, I like it very much... also MacMini is really a great digital source via USB for Debussy in terms of sound quality :)

 

 

post #16642 of 18396

Dis be my modi/magni, koss prodj100 and a DIY headstand

post #16643 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDogon View Post
 

Dis be my modi/magni, koss prodj100 and a DIY headstand

Nice!! I find the DJ100 to be a fantastic buy for $50, I would try to change the pads though, as they're pretty uncomfortable, not sure what would fit though.. 

post #16644 of 18396

I heard of some people swapping the ear pads for the m50 ones

post #16645 of 18396


I have been drifting away from tubes for my speaker rig and have replaced my Antique Sound Labs monoblocks and MAD preamp (for sale btw) with the Musical Fidelity M3i and couldn't be more impressed. I use the wall mounted monitor for the ability to display album art and menus from Apple TV (occasional Netflix use) through the Bifrost Uber streaming the library on my Mac mini.

Of course there are my beloved HE-500 powered by my Lyr.

I plan on replacing the little dot cd transport and the Bifrost soon with the Oppo BDP-105.

I'm in love with my mighty Kef Q900 speakers. I'm on a pretty tight budget but have done a ton of research and listening and all my components punch well above their prices and the sound I'm getting is incredible.
Edited by detoxguy - 1/20/14 at 2:36am
post #16646 of 18396

Well, this is off-thread and off-piste, but I came across this while looking for HD800 prices in Germany. I was very tempted to steal one of the photos and post it as 'My Head-fi station in its current state'. ;)

 

http://audio-creativ.de/museum_e.html

post #16647 of 18396

 

Very basic setup. Thinking about investing to one more quality cans (HD 650 or HE-400i, if I can justify the price difference) and a pair of speakers, and then I shall be done with this madness.

post #16648 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zojokkeli View Post
 

 

Very basic setup. Thinking about investing to one more quality cans (HD 650 or HE-400i, if I can justify the price difference) and a pair of speakers, and then I shall be done with this madness.

that's what we all said :p

post #16649 of 18396

 

Cables trouble underneath. Laptop > nfb 28 > phones. Tv hooked to hdmi while sound fed through the nfb. Very messy makeshift for now.

 

Sorry for picture quality.

 

Headphones pictured : HE500, LCD2, HD800, T1, Alpha Dog, TH600, HD650, FA-011

post #16650 of 18396
ta4e8usy.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...