Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1105post #16561 of 183981/15/14 at 12:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16562 of 183981/15/14 at 12:59pmQuote:
Yeah, just gotta live with the cables that way. I really wanted multiples of the Single version, but just too pricey that way. So, I opted for the dual. I might still buy another one, a Single, down the road. Or, just spring for a bit more and get the Rooms one.post #16563 of 183981/15/14 at 1:31pmpost #16564 of 183981/15/14 at 1:43pm
Thanks. I could have sworn I posted these pics before. I can;t remember.
Rig with cans, and restoring / repainting the Darkvoice 337 chassis. Testing before buttoning everything back up. The faceplate is a royal pain to get on and off.
All done, with tube cage and new power switches.
Edited by kramer5150 - 1/15/14 at 1:48pmpost #16565 of 183981/15/14 at 1:54pmpost #16566 of 183981/15/14 at 1:57pm
Recieved my MKVI+ :) Testing it only with rca and SE plug atm since i'm waiting for my Cardas XLR ic cable, and just ordered some connectors to make my own cable for my HD650 :) LCD-3 gonna get ordered after 8th Februari aswell so this will be a good year!post #16567 of 183981/15/14 at 2:48pmpost #16568 of 183981/15/14 at 2:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by jude
Chord Hugo, Bluetooth-paired with an Apple iPod Touch 64GB, playing music with MOG. At the time of this photo, I was walking around with the AKG K812, and didn't want any extra wires dangling from the rig, so I opted to use the Hugo's Bluetooth connectivity.
While this setup certainly doesn't extract the best from the Hugo, it is fantastic to have Bluetooth connectivity (and MOG) for a quick fix of music.
Thanks for sharing this Jude. It looks amazing.post #16569 of 183981/15/14 at 3:41pmpost #16570 of 183981/15/14 at 5:41pmpost #16571 of 183981/15/14 at 7:31pmpost #16572 of 183981/15/14 at 7:47pmpost #16573 of 183981/15/14 at 9:32pm
My new Sennheiser HDVA 600 headphone amplifier and Sennheiser CH 800 S balanced headphone cable arrived today. It didn't take me long to get the Musical Fidelity X-Can V8P headphone amp out and the new HDVA 600 installed. The headphone rig now consists of a Sony Vaio/JRiver Media Center 19 via USB to the W4S DAC2, Oppo BDP-83 as a transport feeding a digital signal to the Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 which is feeding the Sennheiser HDVA 600 with balanced Wireworld Silver Eclipse interconnects, Sennheiser HD800 headphone with CH 800 S balanced headphone cable. I have 13 hours on the HDVA 600 amp and about 28 hours on the HD800. Considering that break-in is on going this setup is sounding outstanding. Listening to Lee Ritenour - Rhythm Sessions hi-res download (24/96) right now. Just fabulous.
Edited by jdandy - 1/15/14 at 9:35pmpost #16574 of 183981/15/14 at 11:41pmpost #16575 of 183981/15/14 at 11:42pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › ULTIMATE EARS 700 Earphones (New Condition) 1 second ago
- › Using planar magnetic headphones with modmic (magnets) 8 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Double Amping 1 minute ago
- › Your Favorite Band of All Time 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 4 minutes ago
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)