Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1104

post #16546 of 18669

I really like the look of that Rooms audio headphone stand.  Wish they shipped to the US.  

post #16547 of 18669

That is one sweet looking rig, just had a look at Thomann for the stand. I mean no offence by this, but is it honestly worth that much? 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrk View Post
 

It is complete!

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #16548 of 18669

Nice, clean setup!

How's the NAD D3020 as a headphone amp?  I was looking at it last night just to run some desktop speakers.  I haven't found any powered speakers that I like so was thinking about going the D3020 route + Paradigm MilleniaOne or Martin Logan Motion 4..

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrk View Post
 

It is complete!

 


Edited by MickeyVee - 1/14/14 at 3:50pm
post #16549 of 18669

This is a slightly more organised version of my rig

 

post #16550 of 18669
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo View Post
 

I really like the look of that Rooms audio headphone stand.  Wish they shipped to the US.  

It might be worth emailing them to if they would make a special order!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post
That is one sweet looking rig, just had a look at Thomann for the stand. I mean no offence by this, but is it honestly worth that much? 

Going by the sum of the components on this stand I don't think it is based on that alone and I have enough skill with my hands to be able to make something that is very similar from wood or metal but the thing is that not many people out there including myself have access to the materials and machinery to be able to do it so we're left with buying manufactured ones like this. It's high quality of course and well balanced/designed and that comes at a premium cost.

 

The other thing is that it's quite a niche market for this sort of thing. Look on eBay for headphone stands and anything that looks remotely similar in this style costs £50+ whereas acrylic omega variants are half the cost.

 

I thought of it like this.

The X1 is an expensive headphone and a stylish and supremely built one too so because of that I was happy to buy a stand that was equally impressive to look at and use and won't look dated in years to come. I think it matches the styling of the X1 perfectly :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post

Nice, clean setup!

How's the NAD D3020 as a headphone amp?  I was looking at it last night just to run some desktop speakers.  I haven't found any powered speakers that I like so was thinking about going the D3020 route + Paradigm MilleniaOne or Martin Logan Motion 4..

It's really really nice as a headphone amp but also as a desktop amp for powering speakers of many varieties. Review sites tested them with speakers costing thousands of £ but I've got a pair of Tannoy V4 floorstanders and they produce cinema like noises in movies and auditorium like music. For a medium to large sized room you're going to get really good performance, loud enough to annoy the neighbours too.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
 

This is a slightly more organised version of my rig

 

That lot looks mighty impressive and expensive!


Edited by mrk - 1/14/14 at 4:04pm
post #16551 of 18669
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post


Don't know if it's worth the cheddar, that would be a personal thing. However, I'm pretty much decided in wanting one with that type of curved surface to minimize any pressure points on the headband. I only know of that one, the Woo Audio ones (which I have en route), and the plastic, table-edge ones from Sennheiser (which I'll probably get too for quick/ease of use).
post #16552 of 18669
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo View Post
 

I really like the look of that Rooms audio headphone stand.  Wish they shipped to the US.  


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 2:06am
post #16553 of 18669
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post


Don't know if it's worth the cheddar, that would be a personal thing. However, I'm pretty much decided in wanting one with that type of curved surface to minimize any pressure points on the headband. I only know of that one, the Woo Audio ones (which I have en route), and the plastic, table-edge ones from Sennheiser (which I'll probably get too for quick/ease of use).

Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 2:05am
post #16554 of 18669

26938db8_ChordHugowithiPodTouch1of2.jpeg

57f82ca4_ChordHugowithiPodTouch2of2.jpeg

 

Chord Hugo, Bluetooth-paired with an Apple iPod Touch 64GB, playing music with MOG. At the time of this photo, I was walking around with the AKG K812, and didn't want any extra wires dangling from the rig, so I opted to use the Hugo's Bluetooth connectivity. 

 

While this setup certainly doesn't extract the best from the Hugo, it is fantastic to have Bluetooth connectivity (and MOG) for a quick fix of music.

post #16555 of 18669
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post


Don't know if it's worth the cheddar, that would be a personal thing. However, I'm pretty much decided in wanting one with that type of curved surface to minimize any pressure points on the headband. I only know of that one, the Woo Audio ones (which I have en route), and the plastic, table-edge ones from Sennheiser (which I'll probably get too for quick/ease of use).

 

 

I keep going back to look at them! Very attractive, just a shame I've nothing attractive to put with them :P

post #16556 of 18669
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

The woos are good, the room fs is the best.

Definitely agree, and wish they were available here in the US without having to pay so much to ship them from overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post


I keep going back to look at them! Very attractive, just a shame I've nothing attractive to put with them :P

Well, get working on that. biggrin.gif Though, I think almost anything would look good on those. smily_headphones1.gif
post #16557 of 18669
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post
 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
57f82ca4_ChordHugowithiPodTouch2of2.jpeg

 

 

Chord Hugo, Bluetooth-paired with an Apple iPod Touch 64GB, playing music with MOG. At the time of this photo, I was walking around with the AKG K812, and didn't want any extra wires dangling from the rig, so I opted to use the Hugo's Bluetooth connectivity. 

 

While this setup certainly doesn't extract the best from the Hugo, it is fantastic to have Bluetooth connectivity (and MOG) for a quick fix of music.

You should have included a pic of the Akg :D

post #16558 of 18669
Got my stand today. They are solidly built!



post #16559 of 18669

Nothing fancy, but very detailed and fluid sound: JRiver 19 > Meridian Explorer > ifi iAmp >Beyerdynamic DT 990 (250ohm)

 

post #16560 of 18669

That is very nice!

 

Although the cables just mess about which is a shame but perfect especially with 2 cans, I guess if you had one pair only the cable could go on the other end though :p

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...