- 1,315 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1103post #16531 of 189291/12/14 at 1:40pmMy sad excuse for a home setup while my bifrost is lost due to the winter storm. Oh yeah, and my new full-size cans are also lost due to the winter storm. WHOO.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16532 of 189291/12/14 at 2:06pmQuote:
Lost? :-(post #16533 of 189291/12/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
Yup. JFK apparently was the Bermuda triangle where my LCD-3s disappeared. My bifrost got shipped to the wrong person and is apparently just wantldering around the country until it finally finds me.
Kojakupost #16534 of 189291/12/14 at 2:21pmQuote:
Ouch, insurance? Does the airline cover that kind of thing?post #16535 of 189291/12/14 at 2:27pmpost #16536 of 189291/12/14 at 7:30pmQuote:
do they offer anything for compensation ?post #16537 of 189291/12/14 at 7:32pm
The seller insured it. It looks like it's on it's way though !post #16538 of 189291/14/14 at 12:54ampost #16539 of 189291/14/14 at 1:10am
Phew! I'm excited for you bro. Look forward to some impressions compared to your HD800.post #16540 of 189291/14/14 at 3:51ampost #16541 of 189291/14/14 at 7:30ampost #16542 of 189291/14/14 at 12:25pmpost #16543 of 189291/14/14 at 12:28pmpost #16544 of 189291/14/14 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrk
It is complete!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice pic as usual. How come you're not using the upper headband to hang your X1? Wouldn't that keep constant strain on the springs? Btw, is that stand only available in the UK? I think I saw it once while searching online, but can't remember where I saw it.post #16545 of 189291/14/14 at 12:45pm
I looked for UK stock but there isn't any, Germany is the source and it's sold by www.thomann.de - Shipping took a few days and there was no import tax for me to the UK either.
If I use the upper headband the cable jack tension section bends and touches the base, plus the elasticated headband doesn't go full back when stored this way too as it hits the bracket bits. As it is it doesn't put much stress on the band elastic at all. At best the band extends around 1cm which is way less than what I have extended when the headphone is on my head :p At least this way over time the band will slack and be less tight!
Edited by mrk - 1/14/14 at 12:48pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 10 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones Sale 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Fidelio L2 - 3 weeks old - price includes shipping - final price drop 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)