- 1,310 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1103post #16531 of 184501/12/14 at 1:40pmMy sad excuse for a home setup while my bifrost is lost due to the winter storm. Oh yeah, and my new full-size cans are also lost due to the winter storm. WHOO.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16532 of 184501/12/14 at 2:06pmQuote:
Lost? :-(post #16533 of 184501/12/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
Yup. JFK apparently was the Bermuda triangle where my LCD-3s disappeared. My bifrost got shipped to the wrong person and is apparently just wantldering around the country until it finally finds me.
Kojakupost #16534 of 184501/12/14 at 2:21pmQuote:
Ouch, insurance? Does the airline cover that kind of thing?post #16535 of 184501/12/14 at 2:27pmpost #16536 of 184501/12/14 at 7:30pmQuote:
do they offer anything for compensation ?post #16537 of 184501/12/14 at 7:32pm
The seller insured it. It looks like it's on it's way though !post #16538 of 184501/14/14 at 12:54ampost #16539 of 184501/14/14 at 1:10am
Phew! I'm excited for you bro. Look forward to some impressions compared to your HD800.post #16540 of 184501/14/14 at 3:51ampost #16541 of 184501/14/14 at 7:30ampost #16542 of 184501/14/14 at 12:25pmpost #16543 of 184501/14/14 at 12:28pmpost #16544 of 184501/14/14 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrk
It is complete!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice pic as usual. How come you're not using the upper headband to hang your X1? Wouldn't that keep constant strain on the springs? Btw, is that stand only available in the UK? I think I saw it once while searching online, but can't remember where I saw it.post #16545 of 184501/14/14 at 12:45pm
I looked for UK stock but there isn't any, Germany is the source and it's sold by www.thomann.de - Shipping took a few days and there was no import tax for me to the UK either.
If I use the upper headband the cable jack tension section bends and touches the base, plus the elasticated headband doesn't go full back when stored this way too as it hits the bracket bits. As it is it doesn't put much stress on the band elastic at all. At best the band extends around 1cm which is way less than what I have extended when the headphone is on my head :p At least this way over time the band will slack and be less tight!
Edited by mrk - 1/14/14 at 12:48pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › KEF LS50 w/ Rotel RA-11 --- matching sub recommendations? 27 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 34 seconds ago
- › Western Electric WE421A 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 1 minute ago
- › Meier Stepdance 2 minutes ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a audio player for android 3 minutes ago
- › Why are there so many high priced items for sale from Head Fi'ers... 4 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)