Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1101

post #16501 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsparis View Post
 

 

How does the Emotiva look in person? I know it's gotten high praise, but every time I see a photo of one it looks a little...cheap. Maybe it's just the bright LEDs that make it seem so.

post #16502 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

How does the Emotiva look in person? I know it's gotten high praise, but every time I see a photo of one it looks a little...cheap. Maybe it's just the bright LEDs that make it seem so.

First time you touch one you'll change your mind. They're built like tanks.

Also, relative to price...they are cheap.
post #16503 of 18746

 

post #16504 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post


First time you touch one you'll change your mind. They're built like tanks.

Also, relative to price...they are cheap.

I've been casually thinking of getting one for awhile, but I've been worried about build quality. Your praise may have put me over the edge.

post #16505 of 18746

ssrock - Over the last two weeks I have owned the XDA-2, and now just arriving today the DC-1. My XDA-2 died within 2 days (hence the reason for the DC-1). However, if build quality is your concern, that should immediately be thrown out as a reason to purchase something from Emotiva. From the two DAC's I have seen, the build quality is absolutely second to none in this price range. Heck, just FEEL one of their remotes and you will know what I mean. 

post #16506 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

I've been casually thinking of getting one for awhile, but I've been worried about build quality. Your praise may have put me over the edge.
I actually went to emotiva up in Franklin , and was very impressed with the build quality, before settling on the wadia, I had tried the stealth DAC, the DC-1 , very nice stuff, great price, and I was impressed with the folks there!
post #16507 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 

How does the Emotiva look in person? I know it's gotten high praise, but every time I see a photo of one it looks a little...cheap. Maybe it's just the bright LEDs that make it seem so.

Build quality is fantastic! Don't let that or sound quality deter you. For this price, it will be very hard to find something comparable. Can't seem to find much differences between the Lyr and the Mini-x... apart from a brighter and slightly more detailed sound signature. 

post #16508 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX1201 View Post
 

Nice setup. The Beyer DT models can go for miles with DAC, amp, and cable upgrades.

post #16509 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post
 

Nice setup. The Beyer DT models can go for miles with DAC, amp, and cable upgrades.

 

Thanks! They sure do, I've had them for a few years now and they still hold up. They sound great through my 70's Harman/Kardon receiver :beyersmile: 

post #16510 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post
-snip-

Congratulations!  That must be one small room.

Thanks all!! Yeah it is a small room, my bed is to the right, meeting the wall, and to the left there's a small bookcase and then wall. That really was the best place for the speakers :redface:

 

in the meantime im modding an old pair of Realistic Minimus 7 mini-bookshelves and it's coming along great!! I've got a thread about it and I'm working on making progressive updates to it.

post #16511 of 18746

@FOX1201 I spy a bass in the background ;) 

 

And what kind of monitors are those if you don't mind me asking. They look really nice and clean. 

post #16512 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedTea View Post
 

@FOX1201 I spy a bass in the background ;) 

 

And what kind of monitors are those if you don't mind me asking. They look really nice and clean. 

 

haha that sure is :biggrin: 

 

The monitors are Gemini SR-6's. They sound as good as they look! 

post #16513 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

Is that desk homebuilt?

It's just Ikea's build a desk thing. You go buy the top and your choice of legs. I made the monitor stand with a piece of their shelving and some kind of kitchen hardware, don't remember what. It was on a life hacker article I'm pretty sure.
post #16514 of 18746

Very modest station:

 

post #16515 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post
 

Very modest station:

I'd say that the stack on the side makes it more than modest. Nice, clean station!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...