How does the Emotiva look in person? I know it's gotten high praise, but every time I see a photo of one it looks a little...cheap. Maybe it's just the bright LEDs that make it seem so.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1101post #16501 of 187461/9/14 at 5:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16502 of 187461/9/14 at 7:57amQuote:
First time you touch one you'll change your mind. They're built like tanks.
Also, relative to price...they are cheap.post #16503 of 187461/9/14 at 8:02ampost #16504 of 187461/9/14 at 11:07amQuote:
I've been casually thinking of getting one for awhile, but I've been worried about build quality. Your praise may have put me over the edge.post #16505 of 187461/9/14 at 11:15am
ssrock - Over the last two weeks I have owned the XDA-2, and now just arriving today the DC-1. My XDA-2 died within 2 days (hence the reason for the DC-1). However, if build quality is your concern, that should immediately be thrown out as a reason to purchase something from Emotiva. From the two DAC's I have seen, the build quality is absolutely second to none in this price range. Heck, just FEEL one of their remotes and you will know what I mean.post #16506 of 187461/9/14 at 11:25ampost #16507 of 187461/9/14 at 11:52amQuote:
Build quality is fantastic! Don't let that or sound quality deter you. For this price, it will be very hard to find something comparable. Can't seem to find much differences between the Lyr and the Mini-x... apart from a brighter and slightly more detailed sound signature.post #16508 of 187461/9/14 at 1:48pmpost #16509 of 187461/9/14 at 2:06pmQuote:
Thanks! They sure do, I've had them for a few years now and they still hold up. They sound great through my 70's Harman/Kardon receiverpost #16510 of 187461/9/14 at 2:55pmQuote:
Thanks all!! Yeah it is a small room, my bed is to the right, meeting the wall, and to the left there's a small bookcase and then wall. That really was the best place for the speakers
in the meantime im modding an old pair of Realistic Minimus 7 mini-bookshelves and it's coming along great!! I've got a thread about it and I'm working on making progressive updates to it.post #16511 of 187461/9/14 at 2:56pmpost #16512 of 187461/9/14 at 3:05pmpost #16513 of 187461/9/14 at 11:37pm
It's just Ikea's build a desk thing. You go buy the top and your choice of legs. I made the monitor stand with a piece of their shelving and some kind of kitchen hardware, don't remember what. It was on a life hacker article I'm pretty sure.post #16514 of 187461/10/14 at 7:41am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › dac or amp for my dt990 34 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 44 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 53 seconds ago
- › Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable 3 minutes ago
- › (help) Portable set up for near $1000 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Bel Canto DAC3 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)