- 88 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Orange County
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Acknowledgment Thank you HiFiMAN for providing this review unit on loan in exchange for my honest opinion.Introduction HiFiMAN has been around a long time now. They’ve gone from bargain OEM...
INTRO:- Shozy, A brand that hails from HongKong, going strong since 2012, better known for their amplifiers, DAPs and DACs has the mighty popular Shozy Alien that looks, sounds and...
1) Disclaimer: A big thanks to Charles and Burson for offering me a review sample of the V5i dual op-amps in exchange for my honest opinion on them. No other compensation was offered or implied....
Being a tester and owner of many digital portable players , I had to participate to the head-fi review tour for Soundaware, especially since all the players of the brand have interested me for...
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1092post #16366 of 2140912/29/13 at 9:39amNice. Which W4S DAC is that and how do you like it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16367 of 2140912/29/13 at 12:05pmpost #16368 of 2140912/29/13 at 12:36pmpost #16369 of 2140912/29/13 at 5:53pmpost #16370 of 2140912/29/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
Try using the dac section in the DA8 and amp section in the conductor. I think that is your best bet.post #16371 of 2140912/29/13 at 6:49pmQuote:
Oh, it's the HA-160DS, but yes, the DAC section of the DA8 plus the amplifier section of the Burson does sound pristine.post #16372 of 2140912/30/13 at 1:07amQuote:
I liked the 160ds for the money. Nice Dac/Amp combo with my HD650's....post #16373 of 2140912/31/13 at 2:13ampost #16374 of 2140912/31/13 at 6:55ampost #16375 of 2140912/31/13 at 4:05pm
drewTT.......That is the W4S DAC2. Hi-res from the laptop sounds super clean, open, dynamic and solid. I am pleased with the HD800/DAC2/Musical Fidelity X-Can V8P rig, although I have some interest in the new Sennheiser HDVA 600 amplifier. I wish there were some solid reviews available on the HDVA 600. It's tough to let go of that kind of money without some positive motivation from satisfied owners and/or an experienced reviewer.post #16376 of 2140912/31/13 at 4:30pmLooked thru quite a few of the rigs in this thread tonight. Makes me wonder what the total value of the equipment in the thread would be. $1 mil? $10 mil? I'm sure its a big number.post #16377 of 2140912/31/13 at 5:17pm
Wow some of you guys have epic headphone setups.
My humble little bundle:
NAD D 3020
For portable use I have the Sennheiser IE80 with custom cable and driven by the Note 3:
Edited by mrk - 12/31/13 at 5:18pmpost #16378 of 214091/1/14 at 3:56ampost #16379 of 214091/1/14 at 5:05pmQuote:
What body and glass do you shoot with?post #16380 of 214091/1/14 at 5:44pm
I used a Canon 5D Mark 3 and Sigma 35mm 1.4 DG. I have lighting manually controlled (bounced speedlite).
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › NEW Ultrasone Edition 8 EX Headphones 45 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › HELP me to identify this Siemens ECC82 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...