- 88 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Orange County
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1092post #16366 of 2113812/29/13 at 9:39amNice. Which W4S DAC is that and how do you like it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16367 of 2113812/29/13 at 12:05pmpost #16368 of 2113812/29/13 at 12:36pmpost #16369 of 2113812/29/13 at 5:53pmpost #16370 of 2113812/29/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
Try using the dac section in the DA8 and amp section in the conductor. I think that is your best bet.post #16371 of 2113812/29/13 at 6:49pmQuote:
Oh, it's the HA-160DS, but yes, the DAC section of the DA8 plus the amplifier section of the Burson does sound pristine.post #16372 of 2113812/30/13 at 1:07amQuote:
I liked the 160ds for the money. Nice Dac/Amp combo with my HD650's....post #16373 of 2113812/31/13 at 2:13ampost #16374 of 2113812/31/13 at 6:55ampost #16375 of 2113812/31/13 at 4:05pm
drewTT.......That is the W4S DAC2. Hi-res from the laptop sounds super clean, open, dynamic and solid. I am pleased with the HD800/DAC2/Musical Fidelity X-Can V8P rig, although I have some interest in the new Sennheiser HDVA 600 amplifier. I wish there were some solid reviews available on the HDVA 600. It's tough to let go of that kind of money without some positive motivation from satisfied owners and/or an experienced reviewer.post #16376 of 2113812/31/13 at 4:30pmLooked thru quite a few of the rigs in this thread tonight. Makes me wonder what the total value of the equipment in the thread would be. $1 mil? $10 mil? I'm sure its a big number.post #16377 of 2113812/31/13 at 5:17pm
Wow some of you guys have epic headphone setups.
My humble little bundle:
NAD D 3020
For portable use I have the Sennheiser IE80 with custom cable and driven by the Note 3:
Edited by mrk - 12/31/13 at 5:18pmpost #16378 of 211381/1/14 at 3:56ampost #16379 of 211381/1/14 at 5:05pmQuote:
What body and glass do you shoot with?post #16380 of 211381/1/14 at 5:44pm
I used a Canon 5D Mark 3 and Sigma 35mm 1.4 DG. I have lighting manually controlled (bounced speedlite).
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 28 seconds ago
- › SMSL M8 or Schiit Modi (Uber)? Kinda urgent due to sell ending in 12h 34 seconds ago
- › Chromecast audio - can anyone comment on sound quality? 1 minute ago
- › Bottlehead "Big Pre" One of a kind 437A headphone amp / preamp... 1 minute ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio e07k vs Schiit fulla 2 minutes ago
- › Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...