- 63 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
INTRO:- Since last year, Fidue a Chinese earphone manufacturer has been raising its head with some hard to look through earphones. They have close to 10-12 earphones but a triple driver...
Image courtesy of HiFiMan INTRODUCTION The HE400S is HiFiMan's latest offering in the HE400 series of open-back over-ear planar headphones. I first read about them in a teaser email HiFiMan...
Disclaimer. I was provided a pair of S3's by Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased review. Second disclaimer, I'm a big fan of the Brainwavz house sound, especially the latest offerings. It amazes...
I found these back in last year when I was on the funs of looking for good quality budget IEMS. I was very impressed by these back then, and I put it away for a while. Today, I got back to it,...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1092post #16366 of 2029312/29/13 at 9:39amNice. Which W4S DAC is that and how do you like it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16367 of 2029312/29/13 at 12:05pmpost #16368 of 2029312/29/13 at 12:36pmpost #16369 of 2029312/29/13 at 5:53pmpost #16370 of 2029312/29/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
Try using the dac section in the DA8 and amp section in the conductor. I think that is your best bet.post #16371 of 2029312/29/13 at 6:49pmQuote:
Oh, it's the HA-160DS, but yes, the DAC section of the DA8 plus the amplifier section of the Burson does sound pristine.post #16372 of 2029312/30/13 at 1:07amQuote:
I liked the 160ds for the money. Nice Dac/Amp combo with my HD650's....post #16373 of 2029312/31/13 at 2:13ampost #16374 of 2029312/31/13 at 6:55ampost #16375 of 2029312/31/13 at 4:05pm
drewTT.......That is the W4S DAC2. Hi-res from the laptop sounds super clean, open, dynamic and solid. I am pleased with the HD800/DAC2/Musical Fidelity X-Can V8P rig, although I have some interest in the new Sennheiser HDVA 600 amplifier. I wish there were some solid reviews available on the HDVA 600. It's tough to let go of that kind of money without some positive motivation from satisfied owners and/or an experienced reviewer.post #16376 of 2029312/31/13 at 4:30pmLooked thru quite a few of the rigs in this thread tonight. Makes me wonder what the total value of the equipment in the thread would be. $1 mil? $10 mil? I'm sure its a big number.post #16377 of 2029312/31/13 at 5:17pm
Wow some of you guys have epic headphone setups.
My humble little bundle:
NAD D 3020
For portable use I have the Sennheiser IE80 with custom cable and driven by the Note 3:
Edited by mrk - 12/31/13 at 5:18pmpost #16378 of 202931/1/14 at 3:56ampost #16379 of 202931/1/14 at 5:05pmQuote:
What body and glass do you shoot with?post #16380 of 202931/1/14 at 5:44pm
I used a Canon 5D Mark 3 and Sigma 35mm 1.4 DG. I have lighting manually controlled (bounced speedlite).
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Forza Audioworks Hybrid Series HPC cable for AUDEZE (NEW / unused) 15 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 1 minute ago
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM - impressions and... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 4 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 4 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 4 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Brainwavz S3 by shockdoc
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Fostex TE-07 by HiFiChris
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by sirylj
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2