Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
published on April 30, 2016 - download a printable 8-page PDF version of this review (right-click the link & save target, or just tap for mobile devices) (click any photo in this review...
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1089post #16321 of 2105512/24/13 at 9:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16322 of 2105512/24/13 at 1:01pm
I was experiencing a problem I could not get rid of (constant high pitch noise in left channel). I don't think it was X-Sabres fault per se, from what I had been told after I sent it to seller, diagnosis did not show any defects on my unit. But, since that noise was present no matter what I tried, I was somehow forced to change it for something else (unfortunately I did not have a chance to try out any isolation transformer, those are quite pricey around here). So I went for runner-up in my DAC list - Yulong DA8. However, X-Sabre had better synergy with the rest of my rig (at least to my ears), unfortunately I am very sensitive to background noises, even the slightest deviation from completely black background can distract me enough from enjoying the music. I think X-Sabres transformer is a bit more sensitive for power impurity (my guess right now is that something in our house infests our power with DC part which makes transformers to oscillate), or DA8 has better isolation between input power part and output circuits. Either-or, with DA8 background is completely quiet, which for me is a fair trade for very slightly less appealing sound signature.post #16323 of 2105512/24/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
They're excellent, another class up from the 650 entirely.post #16324 of 2105512/24/13 at 3:03pmQuote:
are you referring to the ones you have the wanted ad for? i'd be interested too
i got a new rack im going to get my gear on, and i'm wanting a stand rather that the hooks i'm using at the presentpost #16325 of 2105512/24/13 at 4:11pmpost #16326 of 2105512/24/13 at 4:14pmpost #16327 of 2105512/25/13 at 12:03pmQuote:Quote:post #16328 of 2105512/25/13 at 12:19pmpost #16329 of 2105512/25/13 at 12:47pmpost #16330 of 2105512/25/13 at 12:50pmpost #16331 of 2105512/25/13 at 2:45pmpost #16332 of 2105512/25/13 at 3:02pmpost #16333 of 2105512/25/13 at 4:12pmQuote:
Please try to control your excitement.post #16334 of 2105512/25/13 at 4:47pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 1 minute ago
- › New member roll call open "soap box" thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 4 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse