Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be looking at the most spectacularly teensy, tiny little earphone ever to grace my ears, the Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Q. AAW is a Singapore...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1089post #16321 of 2130212/24/13 at 9:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16322 of 2130212/24/13 at 1:01pm
I was experiencing a problem I could not get rid of (constant high pitch noise in left channel). I don't think it was X-Sabres fault per se, from what I had been told after I sent it to seller, diagnosis did not show any defects on my unit. But, since that noise was present no matter what I tried, I was somehow forced to change it for something else (unfortunately I did not have a chance to try out any isolation transformer, those are quite pricey around here). So I went for runner-up in my DAC list - Yulong DA8. However, X-Sabre had better synergy with the rest of my rig (at least to my ears), unfortunately I am very sensitive to background noises, even the slightest deviation from completely black background can distract me enough from enjoying the music. I think X-Sabres transformer is a bit more sensitive for power impurity (my guess right now is that something in our house infests our power with DC part which makes transformers to oscillate), or DA8 has better isolation between input power part and output circuits. Either-or, with DA8 background is completely quiet, which for me is a fair trade for very slightly less appealing sound signature.post #16323 of 2130212/24/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
They're excellent, another class up from the 650 entirely.post #16324 of 2130212/24/13 at 3:03pmQuote:
are you referring to the ones you have the wanted ad for? i'd be interested too
i got a new rack im going to get my gear on, and i'm wanting a stand rather that the hooks i'm using at the presentpost #16325 of 2130212/24/13 at 4:11pmpost #16326 of 2130212/24/13 at 4:14pmpost #16327 of 2130212/25/13 at 12:03pmQuote:Quote:post #16328 of 2130212/25/13 at 12:19pmpost #16329 of 2130212/25/13 at 12:47pmpost #16330 of 2130212/25/13 at 12:50pmpost #16331 of 2130212/25/13 at 2:45pmpost #16332 of 2130212/25/13 at 3:02pmpost #16333 of 2130212/25/13 at 4:12pmQuote:
Please try to control your excitement.post #16334 of 2130212/25/13 at 4:47pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 10 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 11 minutes ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 11 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by B9Scrambler
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...