Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1089post #16321 of 2123212/24/13 at 9:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16322 of 2123212/24/13 at 1:01pm
I was experiencing a problem I could not get rid of (constant high pitch noise in left channel). I don't think it was X-Sabres fault per se, from what I had been told after I sent it to seller, diagnosis did not show any defects on my unit. But, since that noise was present no matter what I tried, I was somehow forced to change it for something else (unfortunately I did not have a chance to try out any isolation transformer, those are quite pricey around here). So I went for runner-up in my DAC list - Yulong DA8. However, X-Sabre had better synergy with the rest of my rig (at least to my ears), unfortunately I am very sensitive to background noises, even the slightest deviation from completely black background can distract me enough from enjoying the music. I think X-Sabres transformer is a bit more sensitive for power impurity (my guess right now is that something in our house infests our power with DC part which makes transformers to oscillate), or DA8 has better isolation between input power part and output circuits. Either-or, with DA8 background is completely quiet, which for me is a fair trade for very slightly less appealing sound signature.post #16323 of 2123212/24/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
They're excellent, another class up from the 650 entirely.post #16324 of 2123212/24/13 at 3:03pmQuote:
are you referring to the ones you have the wanted ad for? i'd be interested too
i got a new rack im going to get my gear on, and i'm wanting a stand rather that the hooks i'm using at the presentpost #16325 of 2123212/24/13 at 4:11pmpost #16326 of 2123212/24/13 at 4:14pmpost #16327 of 2123212/25/13 at 12:03pmQuote:Quote:post #16328 of 2123212/25/13 at 12:19pmpost #16329 of 2123212/25/13 at 12:47pmpost #16330 of 2123212/25/13 at 12:50pmpost #16331 of 2123212/25/13 at 2:45pmpost #16332 of 2123212/25/13 at 3:02pmpost #16333 of 2123212/25/13 at 4:12pmQuote:
Please try to control your excitement.post #16334 of 2123212/25/13 at 4:47pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 42 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 - priced to sell!!! 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 1 minute ago
- › New here 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 3 minutes ago
- › YULONG's new U18 USB 24/192 Async digital Interface 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum M2 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › ejong7's Meet, Show and Factory Tour Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...