Sorry, double post...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1086post #16276 of 1784712/21/13 at 11:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16277 of 1784712/21/13 at 11:52ampost #16278 of 1784712/21/13 at 12:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by DragonOwen
Just got my new DAC that I hoped could be "next step" (or even a few "steps above") in terms of sound quality compared to my Linn Akurate DS/0/D... it's dCS Debussy and by the first impressions it easily justify the hopes I placed on it
So a few photos (once again, sorry for a quality, don't have a good camera and I'm bad at photography...) of my current home rig:
Stop posting your station, it's giving me shivers...post #16279 of 1784712/21/13 at 12:36pmQuote:
They are supposed to be on your head when your amp is on...
Sweet rig, enjoy!post #16280 of 1784712/21/13 at 1:14pmpost #16281 of 1784712/21/13 at 5:05pm[IMG]
Almost done with my bed side system
I Mac to SBT > Synchro Mesh both with CIA power supply's > balanced Havana> little dot MKVI+>HE500
Just wish I could use my SIG Pro and W3000 with this rig, LD single ended
Out sounds good but too noisypost #16282 of 1784712/21/13 at 5:14pmQuote:
Love everything, especially the kitten, but the screen seems obnoxious.post #16283 of 1784712/22/13 at 8:13am
Current desktop equipment, with the newly added PS500 in front. I missed having a pair of Grados in my collection ever since selling my RS1, and the PS500 appears to be a worthwhile addition.post #16284 of 1784712/22/13 at 8:26ampost #16285 of 1784712/22/13 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Dude
Current desktop equipment, with the newly added PS500 in front. I missed having a pair of Grados in my collection ever since selling my RS1, and the PS500 appears to be a worthwhile addition.
With that headphone amp, you'd be MAD to not have your favorite Grados!
Beautiful rig...enjoy!post #16286 of 1784712/22/13 at 11:19ampost #16287 of 1784712/22/13 at 11:32am
HeadFi'us Upgraditus hit again. Stage 1 - Naim DAC-V1 ultimate desktop DAC (for me) with a decent built in headphone amplifier. Schiit Vali on the side for fun and to change things up every once in a while. Stage 2 - 2014 will hopefully bring a Woo WA2 to finish things off.
Excuse the photo over processing, an ice storm hit last night and just killing time in Lightroom.post #16288 of 1784712/22/13 at 1:03pmpost #16289 of 1784712/22/13 at 1:28pmpost #16290 of 1784712/22/13 at 1:36pm
everything i've bought, has been online, whether here, or dealers websites, i'm not near any hi-fi dealers
the wadia was todd the vinyl junkie's deal of the day
i haven't heard the naim piece you have, but i've heard some of the gear before, always outstanding !!
Edited by jaywillin - 12/22/13 at 1:38pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Help with buying Headphones/In ears 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Should I get the V-Moda XS or M-100? 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Poll running and the micro iDSD... 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 6 minutes ago
- › Choosing a new pair of headphones... 8 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 14 minutes ago
- › Final Amp for HD800 14 minutes ago
- › Soft Mushroom Eartips - any experience? 15 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob