Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1086post #16276 of 1917212/21/13 at 11:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16277 of 1917212/21/13 at 12:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by DragonOwen
Just got my new DAC that I hoped could be "next step" (or even a few "steps above") in terms of sound quality compared to my Linn Akurate DS/0/D... it's dCS Debussy and by the first impressions it easily justify the hopes I placed on it
So a few photos (once again, sorry for a quality, don't have a good camera and I'm bad at photography...) of my current home rig:
Stop posting your station, it's giving me shivers...post #16278 of 1917212/21/13 at 12:36pmQuote:
They are supposed to be on your head when your amp is on...
Sweet rig, enjoy!post #16279 of 1917212/21/13 at 1:14pmpost #16280 of 1917212/21/13 at 5:05pm[IMG]
Almost done with my bed side system
I Mac to SBT > Synchro Mesh both with CIA power supply's > balanced Havana> little dot MKVI+>HE500
Just wish I could use my SIG Pro and W3000 with this rig, LD single ended
Out sounds good but too noisypost #16281 of 1917212/21/13 at 5:14pmQuote:
Love everything, especially the kitten, but the screen seems obnoxious.post #16282 of 1917212/22/13 at 8:13am
Current desktop equipment, with the newly added PS500 in front. I missed having a pair of Grados in my collection ever since selling my RS1, and the PS500 appears to be a worthwhile addition.post #16283 of 1917212/22/13 at 8:26ampost #16284 of 1917212/22/13 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Dude
Current desktop equipment, with the newly added PS500 in front. I missed having a pair of Grados in my collection ever since selling my RS1, and the PS500 appears to be a worthwhile addition.
With that headphone amp, you'd be MAD to not have your favorite Grados!
Beautiful rig...enjoy!post #16285 of 1917212/22/13 at 11:19ampost #16286 of 1917212/22/13 at 11:32am
HeadFi'us Upgraditus hit again. Stage 1 - Naim DAC-V1 ultimate desktop DAC (for me) with a decent built in headphone amplifier. Schiit Vali on the side for fun and to change things up every once in a while. Stage 2 - 2014 will hopefully bring a Woo WA2 to finish things off.
Excuse the photo over processing, an ice storm hit last night and just killing time in Lightroom.post #16287 of 1917212/22/13 at 1:03pmpost #16288 of 1917212/22/13 at 1:28pmpost #16289 of 1917212/22/13 at 1:36pm
everything i've bought, has been online, whether here, or dealers websites, i'm not near any hi-fi dealers
the wadia was todd the vinyl junkie's deal of the day
i haven't heard the naim piece you have, but i've heard some of the gear before, always outstanding !!
Edited by jaywillin - 12/22/13 at 1:38pmpost #16290 of 1917212/22/13 at 3:03pmQuote:
How does the Violectric do with orthos and dynamic headphones, eventually looking for a good amp that will play nice with a HD800 and highend Hifimans. The V181 seems very interesting. whats your take on the 200 for this?
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 39 seconds ago
- › Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions... 42 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 42 seconds ago
- › Havi B6 ! 1 minute ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile Over-Ear Closed-Back Headphones <$700 Recommendations? 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)