Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1084post #16246 of 2131312/20/13 at 7:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16247 of 2131312/20/13 at 8:14ampost #16248 of 2131312/20/13 at 8:53amQuote:
There have been days where I have used it that way!post #16249 of 2131312/20/13 at 12:12pmQuote:
I see what I think are grey glass RCA 6NS7s? And I assume they are working well for you? As I am now able to roll 6NS7s in my tricked out LD, I have been trying to decide which ones to try first. I have a National Union on the way, and have been looking at Hytrons and the grey glass RCAs, and drooling over the way too expensive black glass Tung Sols.... :)post #16250 of 2131312/20/13 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by gibosi
I see what I think are grey glass RCA 6NS7s? And I assume they are working well for you? As I am now able to roll 6NS7s in my tricked out LD, I have been trying to decide which ones to try first. I have a National Union on the way, and have been looking at Hytrons and the grey glass RCAs, and drooling over the way too expensive black glass Tung Sols.... :)
They are RCA VT231/6SN7's They were a gift/recommendation from another Head-Fier. Great suggestion. I like them very much. I would like to try the TS's but they are pricey!post #16251 of 2131312/20/13 at 12:33pmpost #16252 of 2131312/20/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
I still haven't been able to locate my missing VT231-6SN7 TS-BGRPs inside my storage unit. Maybe I should offer a slight discount to a would be buyer for their discovery.post #16253 of 2131312/20/13 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Silent One
I still haven't been able to locate my missing VT231-6SN7 TS-BGRPs inside my storage unit. Maybe I should offer a slight discount to a would be buyer for their discovery.
My hat is off to dminches for providing the pair to me. It has been a nice upgrade to the default Electro Harmonix 6SN7EH's that came stock with the SLI-80.post #16254 of 2131312/20/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
That's great! Last year I "Gifted" two USAF-596's to members who were emerging and helped them on their way. Regarding the missing glass, I've about 200+ tubes and to not find the Tung-Sols and one of my USAF-596 recs suggest the three tubes are together. And I likely separated them due to lack of space with the others.
This also suggests the tubes are NOT lost. With laser like focus, I'm probably looking right at them or right past them during the search! Watch them magically come into view while I'm looking for something else...post #16255 of 2131312/20/13 at 6:29pmpost #16256 of 2131312/20/13 at 6:56pmMmm, tasty!
Edited by GrindingThud - 12/20/13 at 6:57pmpost #16257 of 2131312/20/13 at 6:56pmpost #16258 of 2131312/20/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Silent One
With laser like focus, I'm probably looking right at them or right past them during the search! Watch them magically come into view while I'm looking for something else...
I completely relate to that!! Where's Waldo's tubes??!!post #16259 of 2131312/20/13 at 7:13pmpost #16260 of 2131312/20/13 at 7:17pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Questyle QP1 27 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-100ABN h.ear on wireless impressions thread 41 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Bass IEM Budget $100 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Audio GD New NOS 7 2016 Edition Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...