Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Not an audiophile, but here are my most notable impressions of these in ears: They're V-Shaped Natural, warm, accurate, true to life are not the words I'd use to describe these headphones....
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1084post #16246 of 2140712/20/13 at 7:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16247 of 2140712/20/13 at 8:14ampost #16248 of 2140712/20/13 at 8:53amQuote:
There have been days where I have used it that way!post #16249 of 2140712/20/13 at 12:12pmQuote:
I see what I think are grey glass RCA 6NS7s? And I assume they are working well for you? As I am now able to roll 6NS7s in my tricked out LD, I have been trying to decide which ones to try first. I have a National Union on the way, and have been looking at Hytrons and the grey glass RCAs, and drooling over the way too expensive black glass Tung Sols.... :)post #16250 of 2140712/20/13 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by gibosi
I see what I think are grey glass RCA 6NS7s? And I assume they are working well for you? As I am now able to roll 6NS7s in my tricked out LD, I have been trying to decide which ones to try first. I have a National Union on the way, and have been looking at Hytrons and the grey glass RCAs, and drooling over the way too expensive black glass Tung Sols.... :)
They are RCA VT231/6SN7's They were a gift/recommendation from another Head-Fier. Great suggestion. I like them very much. I would like to try the TS's but they are pricey!post #16251 of 2140712/20/13 at 12:33pmpost #16252 of 2140712/20/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
I still haven't been able to locate my missing VT231-6SN7 TS-BGRPs inside my storage unit. Maybe I should offer a slight discount to a would be buyer for their discovery.post #16253 of 2140712/20/13 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Silent One
I still haven't been able to locate my missing VT231-6SN7 TS-BGRPs inside my storage unit. Maybe I should offer a slight discount to a would be buyer for their discovery.
My hat is off to dminches for providing the pair to me. It has been a nice upgrade to the default Electro Harmonix 6SN7EH's that came stock with the SLI-80.post #16254 of 2140712/20/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
That's great! Last year I "Gifted" two USAF-596's to members who were emerging and helped them on their way. Regarding the missing glass, I've about 200+ tubes and to not find the Tung-Sols and one of my USAF-596 recs suggest the three tubes are together. And I likely separated them due to lack of space with the others.
This also suggests the tubes are NOT lost. With laser like focus, I'm probably looking right at them or right past them during the search! Watch them magically come into view while I'm looking for something else...post #16255 of 2140712/20/13 at 6:29pmpost #16256 of 2140712/20/13 at 6:56pmMmm, tasty!
Edited by GrindingThud - 12/20/13 at 6:57pmpost #16257 of 2140712/20/13 at 6:56pmpost #16258 of 2140712/20/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Silent One
With laser like focus, I'm probably looking right at them or right past them during the search! Watch them magically come into view while I'm looking for something else...
I completely relate to that!! Where's Waldo's tubes??!!post #16259 of 2140712/20/13 at 7:13pmpost #16260 of 2140712/20/13 at 7:17pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FS/FT: Dita Audio The Answer IEMs 39 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Earbuds 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard H10 vs Lyr/Lyr 2 for LCD-2F 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by micropixel
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Gemtune Urbanfun Hifi Dual-driver In-ear Headphones,Hybrid Balanced... by loomisjohnson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...