Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1084post #16246 of 1987612/20/13 at 7:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16247 of 1987612/20/13 at 8:14ampost #16248 of 1987612/20/13 at 8:53amQuote:
There have been days where I have used it that way!post #16249 of 1987612/20/13 at 12:12pmQuote:
I see what I think are grey glass RCA 6NS7s? And I assume they are working well for you? As I am now able to roll 6NS7s in my tricked out LD, I have been trying to decide which ones to try first. I have a National Union on the way, and have been looking at Hytrons and the grey glass RCAs, and drooling over the way too expensive black glass Tung Sols.... :)post #16250 of 1987612/20/13 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by gibosi
I see what I think are grey glass RCA 6NS7s? And I assume they are working well for you? As I am now able to roll 6NS7s in my tricked out LD, I have been trying to decide which ones to try first. I have a National Union on the way, and have been looking at Hytrons and the grey glass RCAs, and drooling over the way too expensive black glass Tung Sols.... :)
They are RCA VT231/6SN7's They were a gift/recommendation from another Head-Fier. Great suggestion. I like them very much. I would like to try the TS's but they are pricey!post #16251 of 1987612/20/13 at 12:33pmpost #16252 of 1987612/20/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
I still haven't been able to locate my missing VT231-6SN7 TS-BGRPs inside my storage unit. Maybe I should offer a slight discount to a would be buyer for their discovery.post #16253 of 1987612/20/13 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Silent One
I still haven't been able to locate my missing VT231-6SN7 TS-BGRPs inside my storage unit. Maybe I should offer a slight discount to a would be buyer for their discovery.
My hat is off to dminches for providing the pair to me. It has been a nice upgrade to the default Electro Harmonix 6SN7EH's that came stock with the SLI-80.post #16254 of 1987612/20/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
That's great! Last year I "Gifted" two USAF-596's to members who were emerging and helped them on their way. Regarding the missing glass, I've about 200+ tubes and to not find the Tung-Sols and one of my USAF-596 recs suggest the three tubes are together. And I likely separated them due to lack of space with the others.
This also suggests the tubes are NOT lost. With laser like focus, I'm probably looking right at them or right past them during the search! Watch them magically come into view while I'm looking for something else...post #16255 of 1987612/20/13 at 6:29pmpost #16256 of 1987612/20/13 at 6:56pmMmm, tasty!
Edited by GrindingThud - 12/20/13 at 6:57pmpost #16257 of 1987612/20/13 at 6:56pmpost #16258 of 1987612/20/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Silent One
With laser like focus, I'm probably looking right at them or right past them during the search! Watch them magically come into view while I'm looking for something else...
I completely relate to that!! Where's Waldo's tubes??!!post #16259 of 1987612/20/13 at 7:13pmpost #16260 of 1987612/20/13 at 7:17pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 10 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 14 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x or Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 43 seconds ago
- › The all new ALO Rx IEM amp! Now on sale. 1 minute ago
- › Lite DAC60 - PCM1704 R2R tubed DAC Mod Project 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Rave review of the 'Astonishing' KingSound KS-H3 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2