Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1084post #16246 of 2030312/20/13 at 7:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16247 of 2030312/20/13 at 8:14ampost #16248 of 2030312/20/13 at 8:53amQuote:
There have been days where I have used it that way!post #16249 of 2030312/20/13 at 12:12pmQuote:
I see what I think are grey glass RCA 6NS7s? And I assume they are working well for you? As I am now able to roll 6NS7s in my tricked out LD, I have been trying to decide which ones to try first. I have a National Union on the way, and have been looking at Hytrons and the grey glass RCAs, and drooling over the way too expensive black glass Tung Sols.... :)post #16250 of 2030312/20/13 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by gibosi
I see what I think are grey glass RCA 6NS7s? And I assume they are working well for you? As I am now able to roll 6NS7s in my tricked out LD, I have been trying to decide which ones to try first. I have a National Union on the way, and have been looking at Hytrons and the grey glass RCAs, and drooling over the way too expensive black glass Tung Sols.... :)
They are RCA VT231/6SN7's They were a gift/recommendation from another Head-Fier. Great suggestion. I like them very much. I would like to try the TS's but they are pricey!post #16251 of 2030312/20/13 at 12:33pmpost #16252 of 2030312/20/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
I still haven't been able to locate my missing VT231-6SN7 TS-BGRPs inside my storage unit. Maybe I should offer a slight discount to a would be buyer for their discovery.post #16253 of 2030312/20/13 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Silent One
I still haven't been able to locate my missing VT231-6SN7 TS-BGRPs inside my storage unit. Maybe I should offer a slight discount to a would be buyer for their discovery.
My hat is off to dminches for providing the pair to me. It has been a nice upgrade to the default Electro Harmonix 6SN7EH's that came stock with the SLI-80.post #16254 of 2030312/20/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
That's great! Last year I "Gifted" two USAF-596's to members who were emerging and helped them on their way. Regarding the missing glass, I've about 200+ tubes and to not find the Tung-Sols and one of my USAF-596 recs suggest the three tubes are together. And I likely separated them due to lack of space with the others.
This also suggests the tubes are NOT lost. With laser like focus, I'm probably looking right at them or right past them during the search! Watch them magically come into view while I'm looking for something else...post #16255 of 2030312/20/13 at 6:29pmpost #16256 of 2030312/20/13 at 6:56pmMmm, tasty!
Edited by GrindingThud - 12/20/13 at 6:57pmpost #16257 of 2030312/20/13 at 6:56pmpost #16258 of 2030312/20/13 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Silent One
With laser like focus, I'm probably looking right at them or right past them during the search! Watch them magically come into view while I'm looking for something else...
I completely relate to that!! Where's Waldo's tubes??!!post #16259 of 2030312/20/13 at 7:13pmpost #16260 of 2030312/20/13 at 7:17pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 25 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › New IEM to buy in Hamburg, Germany 5 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 7 minutes ago
- › Ibasso Oriolus Hybrid iem 8 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 9 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2