Compared to the stock tubes typically used in Little Dots, the dual triodes are a huge improvement, IMHO. :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1082post #16216 of 1918312/18/13 at 3:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16217 of 1918312/18/13 at 3:57pmpost #16218 of 1918312/18/13 at 4:02pmpost #16219 of 1918312/18/13 at 6:36pm
Starting on page 220 in the Little Dot Tube Rolling thread you can follow along as a number of us began to experiment with various ways to run double triodes in Little Dot amps:
Eventually, I would like to put everything into some kind of enclosure, as my current configuration is rather fragile and doesn't travel well. For example, taking it to a meetup would be pretty difficult. But as long as I don't move it too much, it is very acceptable.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Cheerspost #16220 of 1918312/18/13 at 6:47pmpost #16221 of 1918312/18/13 at 7:19pmQuote:
Wtf? Really?post #16222 of 1918312/18/13 at 8:16pmCompared to speakers, headphones are so ridiculously easy for an amplifier to drive. I mean, we're talking miliwatts here. As long as the amp has sufficient power, the Senns dont care how much it costs.post #16223 of 1918312/19/13 at 4:22ampost #16224 of 1918312/19/13 at 5:02ampost #16225 of 1918312/19/13 at 5:26amQuote:
We're on the same boat here mate, I'm using a $200 Schiit stack to drive minepost #16226 of 1918312/19/13 at 5:35ampost #16227 of 1918312/19/13 at 5:37ampost #16228 of 1918312/19/13 at 5:46ampost #16229 of 1918312/19/13 at 6:04am
Heres mine for over the xmas and probably for quite a few months. (apologies for the bad quality photo's)
Two amazing headphone stages right there from the 80's. Rotel and QED.
and upstairs when I want a warmer sound to curl up in bed with.
NAD 3020 with Rdac (hidden)
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 second ago
- › What Are Some of Your Favorite Sad Songs 38 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 58 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Iphone 5 compatible with fiio amps?
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3