Do you have a link to your modding process/instructions?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/11/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1082post #16216 of 2157512/18/13 at 4:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16217 of 2157512/18/13 at 6:36pm
Starting on page 220 in the Little Dot Tube Rolling thread you can follow along as a number of us began to experiment with various ways to run double triodes in Little Dot amps:
Eventually, I would like to put everything into some kind of enclosure, as my current configuration is rather fragile and doesn't travel well. For example, taking it to a meetup would be pretty difficult. But as long as I don't move it too much, it is very acceptable.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Cheerspost #16218 of 2157512/18/13 at 6:47pmpost #16219 of 2157512/18/13 at 7:19pmQuote:
Wtf? Really?post #16220 of 2157512/18/13 at 8:16pmCompared to speakers, headphones are so ridiculously easy for an amplifier to drive. I mean, we're talking miliwatts here. As long as the amp has sufficient power, the Senns dont care how much it costs.post #16221 of 2157512/19/13 at 4:22ampost #16222 of 2157512/19/13 at 5:02ampost #16223 of 2157512/19/13 at 5:26amQuote:
We're on the same boat here mate, I'm using a $200 Schiit stack to drive minepost #16224 of 2157512/19/13 at 5:35ampost #16225 of 2157512/19/13 at 5:37ampost #16226 of 2157512/19/13 at 5:46ampost #16227 of 2157512/19/13 at 6:04am
Heres mine for over the xmas and probably for quite a few months. (apologies for the bad quality photo's)
Two amazing headphone stages right there from the 80's. Rotel and QED.
and upstairs when I want a warmer sound to curl up in bed with.
NAD 3020 with Rdac (hidden)post #16228 of 2157512/19/13 at 6:31ampost #16229 of 2157512/19/13 at 6:56amQuote:That man is a legend.
I'm currently running my SR80i's out of my iPhone 3GS and I'm beyond content.
And why yes, those are my new custom walnut cups from 7Keys that just for here yesterday!!
I think I might be done with the headphone game gentlemen. Maybe a modded T50RP in January but after that, i might be set for a few years.post #16230 of 2157512/19/13 at 7:35am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 18 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › Is there a meaningful limit to resolution? Optics analogy to Audio 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio A5, E12 or E12 DIY? 4 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear