Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1074post #16096 of 1866912/11/13 at 4:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16097 of 1866912/11/13 at 5:12am
No, it's a DVD-757 that I use for DVD-A and SACD playback for the time being. Looking to move my DVD-2900 in there once I replace it in the family room with an Oppo.
Billpost #16098 of 1866912/11/13 at 5:15amQuote:
It's too soon to give a solid opinion on them. I only have about three albums worth of listening so far. Compared to my K701 they sound more refined and well rounded with a more comfortable headband. The memory foam earpads are more comfortable but I wish they were as deep or angled like the K701.
Billpost #16099 of 1866912/11/13 at 11:16am
Farewell pictures of this rig... really enjoyed the time with the GS-X mk2. Best all around headphone amp, IMO.
Excuse the dust... this room is a magnet. (and crappy photography)post #16100 of 1866912/11/13 at 11:25ampost #16101 of 1866912/11/13 at 11:27amQuote:
Just a different amp. I'm not totally sold on stats yet. I've heard them and they just don't suit my preferences. I might give them another shot down the road, but dynamic is good company right now. Speakers of course is in the works.post #16102 of 1866912/11/13 at 11:31amQuote:
Ahh ok very nice. I just saw you're looking at an amp for the HE-6. Was it you or someone else that is getting a F5 Turbo for some Pendragons or something? That (amp) would be overkill of course, but it's something you already have :)post #16103 of 1866912/11/13 at 11:36amQuote:
Got it. Yeah, those Denons are great for the money. Quite robust, and great SACD playback. I'm holding into mine until I can afford an Oppo. Then again, how often do I really listen to CDs....post #16104 of 1866912/11/13 at 11:36amQuote:
Yea, still building the F5T. Slow going right now due to finals. All the boards are stuffed though so casework and assembly is all that is required. Should be up in a few weeks. The F5T would be killer with the HE-6, but my speaker system is downstairs whereas my headphone rig is mainly upstairs. I guess I could fine turn my work out schedule to carry that thing up and down the stairs every time I want to listen to speakers vs headphones.post #16105 of 1866912/11/13 at 11:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Greed
Yea, still building the F5T. Slow going right now due to finals. All the boards are stuffed though so casework and assembly is all that is required. Should be up in a few weeks. The F5T would be killer with the HE-6, but my speaker system is downstairs whereas my headphone rig is mainly upstairs. I guess I could fine turn my work out schedule to carry that thing up and down the stairs every time I want to listen to speakers vs headphones.
Lol that would be pretty funny lugging that thing around! Maybe check out "The Wire LPUHP" or the lateral FET version? I'm waiting for my BAL-BAL boards to arrive for my HD-800, but I think it will drive the HE-6 nicely too if you increase the gain to 2 or more. Though, you will want to increase the PSU to something more than 10VA 250ma secondaries. I went with a 15VA 500ma hoping I can skate by with unity gain for the HE-6 at a normal volume, but it's just for backup. We'll see :)post #16106 of 1866912/12/13 at 2:54pmpost #16107 of 1866912/13/13 at 10:28ampost #16108 of 1866912/13/13 at 11:59ampost #16109 of 1866912/13/13 at 12:22pmQuote:
Yes, a nice looking ensemble. I'm not sure I've ever heard a Grado in my life! It's quite possible I may have via a record store/book store listening station. Your avi is w-a-y out... luv it!post #16110 of 1866912/13/13 at 1:34pm
Thanks...I took some pics for the builder who doesn't photograph:
Edited by parbaked - 12/13/13 at 1:47pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 59 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Has anyone uses/used IsoClean audio-grade fuses? 1 minute ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 2 minutes ago
- › HD650s and Fast Music. 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 5 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)