Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1074post #16096 of 1874412/11/13 at 4:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16097 of 1874412/11/13 at 5:12am
No, it's a DVD-757 that I use for DVD-A and SACD playback for the time being. Looking to move my DVD-2900 in there once I replace it in the family room with an Oppo.
Billpost #16098 of 1874412/11/13 at 5:15amQuote:
It's too soon to give a solid opinion on them. I only have about three albums worth of listening so far. Compared to my K701 they sound more refined and well rounded with a more comfortable headband. The memory foam earpads are more comfortable but I wish they were as deep or angled like the K701.
Billpost #16099 of 1874412/11/13 at 11:16am
Farewell pictures of this rig... really enjoyed the time with the GS-X mk2. Best all around headphone amp, IMO.
Excuse the dust... this room is a magnet. (and crappy photography)post #16100 of 1874412/11/13 at 11:25ampost #16101 of 1874412/11/13 at 11:27amQuote:
Just a different amp. I'm not totally sold on stats yet. I've heard them and they just don't suit my preferences. I might give them another shot down the road, but dynamic is good company right now. Speakers of course is in the works.post #16102 of 1874412/11/13 at 11:31amQuote:
Ahh ok very nice. I just saw you're looking at an amp for the HE-6. Was it you or someone else that is getting a F5 Turbo for some Pendragons or something? That (amp) would be overkill of course, but it's something you already have :)post #16103 of 1874412/11/13 at 11:36amQuote:
Got it. Yeah, those Denons are great for the money. Quite robust, and great SACD playback. I'm holding into mine until I can afford an Oppo. Then again, how often do I really listen to CDs....post #16104 of 1874412/11/13 at 11:36amQuote:
Yea, still building the F5T. Slow going right now due to finals. All the boards are stuffed though so casework and assembly is all that is required. Should be up in a few weeks. The F5T would be killer with the HE-6, but my speaker system is downstairs whereas my headphone rig is mainly upstairs. I guess I could fine turn my work out schedule to carry that thing up and down the stairs every time I want to listen to speakers vs headphones.post #16105 of 1874412/11/13 at 11:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Greed
Yea, still building the F5T. Slow going right now due to finals. All the boards are stuffed though so casework and assembly is all that is required. Should be up in a few weeks. The F5T would be killer with the HE-6, but my speaker system is downstairs whereas my headphone rig is mainly upstairs. I guess I could fine turn my work out schedule to carry that thing up and down the stairs every time I want to listen to speakers vs headphones.
Lol that would be pretty funny lugging that thing around! Maybe check out "The Wire LPUHP" or the lateral FET version? I'm waiting for my BAL-BAL boards to arrive for my HD-800, but I think it will drive the HE-6 nicely too if you increase the gain to 2 or more. Though, you will want to increase the PSU to something more than 10VA 250ma secondaries. I went with a 15VA 500ma hoping I can skate by with unity gain for the HE-6 at a normal volume, but it's just for backup. We'll see :)post #16106 of 1874412/12/13 at 2:54pmpost #16107 of 1874412/13/13 at 10:28ampost #16108 of 1874412/13/13 at 11:59ampost #16109 of 1874412/13/13 at 12:22pmQuote:
Yes, a nice looking ensemble. I'm not sure I've ever heard a Grado in my life! It's quite possible I may have via a record store/book store listening station. Your avi is w-a-y out... luv it!post #16110 of 1874412/13/13 at 1:34pm
Thanks...I took some pics for the builder who doesn't photograph:
Edited by parbaked - 12/13/13 at 1:47pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Yulong A28 1 minute ago
- › 2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction /... 2 minutes ago
- › Bring Back Your Boy Friend Kala Jadu Specialist +91-9950620150 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 4 minutes ago
- › The FELA Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Love Vashikaran Specialist call to +91-9950620150 6 minutes ago
- › ATH-A500X Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)