Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1074post #16096 of 1845212/11/13 at 4:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16097 of 1845212/11/13 at 5:12am
No, it's a DVD-757 that I use for DVD-A and SACD playback for the time being. Looking to move my DVD-2900 in there once I replace it in the family room with an Oppo.
Billpost #16098 of 1845212/11/13 at 5:15amQuote:
It's too soon to give a solid opinion on them. I only have about three albums worth of listening so far. Compared to my K701 they sound more refined and well rounded with a more comfortable headband. The memory foam earpads are more comfortable but I wish they were as deep or angled like the K701.
Billpost #16099 of 1845212/11/13 at 11:16am
Farewell pictures of this rig... really enjoyed the time with the GS-X mk2. Best all around headphone amp, IMO.
Excuse the dust... this room is a magnet. (and crappy photography)post #16100 of 1845212/11/13 at 11:25ampost #16101 of 1845212/11/13 at 11:27amQuote:
Just a different amp. I'm not totally sold on stats yet. I've heard them and they just don't suit my preferences. I might give them another shot down the road, but dynamic is good company right now. Speakers of course is in the works.post #16102 of 1845212/11/13 at 11:31amQuote:
Ahh ok very nice. I just saw you're looking at an amp for the HE-6. Was it you or someone else that is getting a F5 Turbo for some Pendragons or something? That (amp) would be overkill of course, but it's something you already have :)post #16103 of 1845212/11/13 at 11:36amQuote:
Got it. Yeah, those Denons are great for the money. Quite robust, and great SACD playback. I'm holding into mine until I can afford an Oppo. Then again, how often do I really listen to CDs....post #16104 of 1845212/11/13 at 11:36amQuote:
Yea, still building the F5T. Slow going right now due to finals. All the boards are stuffed though so casework and assembly is all that is required. Should be up in a few weeks. The F5T would be killer with the HE-6, but my speaker system is downstairs whereas my headphone rig is mainly upstairs. I guess I could fine turn my work out schedule to carry that thing up and down the stairs every time I want to listen to speakers vs headphones.post #16105 of 1845212/11/13 at 11:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Greed
Yea, still building the F5T. Slow going right now due to finals. All the boards are stuffed though so casework and assembly is all that is required. Should be up in a few weeks. The F5T would be killer with the HE-6, but my speaker system is downstairs whereas my headphone rig is mainly upstairs. I guess I could fine turn my work out schedule to carry that thing up and down the stairs every time I want to listen to speakers vs headphones.
Lol that would be pretty funny lugging that thing around! Maybe check out "The Wire LPUHP" or the lateral FET version? I'm waiting for my BAL-BAL boards to arrive for my HD-800, but I think it will drive the HE-6 nicely too if you increase the gain to 2 or more. Though, you will want to increase the PSU to something more than 10VA 250ma secondaries. I went with a 15VA 500ma hoping I can skate by with unity gain for the HE-6 at a normal volume, but it's just for backup. We'll see :)post #16106 of 1845212/12/13 at 2:54pmpost #16107 of 1845212/13/13 at 10:28ampost #16108 of 1845212/13/13 at 11:59ampost #16109 of 1845212/13/13 at 12:22pmQuote:
Yes, a nice looking ensemble. I'm not sure I've ever heard a Grado in my life! It's quite possible I may have via a record store/book store listening station. Your avi is w-a-y out... luv it!post #16110 of 1845212/13/13 at 1:34pm
Thanks...I took some pics for the builder who doesn't photograph:
Edited by parbaked - 12/13/13 at 1:47pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 24-07-2014 5 minutes ago
- › High-End Budget Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Baldoor etc) and Earbud... 5 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)