Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1065post #15961 of 1904211/30/13 at 3:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15962 of 1904211/30/13 at 3:57pmpost #15963 of 1904211/30/13 at 4:13pmQuote:
It's better (very pretty even), but I think it'd be even better if the diameter of the knob would be the same as height of the the bright area.post #15964 of 1904211/30/13 at 4:47pmpost #15965 of 1904211/30/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
Is your stand impacting the clamping force of the AKGs at all? I love that style stand but I've always been leery of putting the dual band AKGs on one.
Billpost #15966 of 1904211/30/13 at 4:50pmpost #15967 of 1904211/30/13 at 5:08pmpost #15968 of 1904211/30/13 at 5:28pm
Looks cosy. How's the LCD-X on this set-up? Not many here have the M51/MJ combo. I love mine, though I do miss a 1/4" se hp out. You have that taken care of by the Burson. My incoming Vali should sort that out.
Edited by olor1n - 11/30/13 at 5:35pmpost #15969 of 1904211/30/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Hi Bill - I haven't noticed any changes to the clamping force of my AKG.
The stand is much smaller than my head, so I figure i'd stretch them more wearing them than leaving them in the stand.post #15970 of 1904211/30/13 at 8:10pmpost #15971 of 1904211/30/13 at 11:50pmQuote:
So how did you make it?post #15972 of 1904211/30/13 at 11:59pmpost #15973 of 1904212/1/13 at 2:51am
Love the clean layout you have . and the light arrangement. :)
The V200 and the Burson are SE backups. However, having done some thinking - I have decided to get rid of the TH-900 and the T1. I should have no need for SE outputs anymore - but will keep at least the V200 anyway.
The LCD-X and the XC plays well with the M51/MJ combo. In fact - if I should have been rational about this hobby - I should have sold everything else - but won't. There is no such thing as being rational in this hobby. :)
Edited by Loevhagen - 12/1/13 at 2:54ampost #15974 of 1904212/1/13 at 6:55am
Well, I took the circle that was too big and started sanding. I'm using a random orbital, so it rotates in tiny circles, but the whole thing also spins, which then gave me an idea. The circle of wood had the whole in the middle, so I put it on a stick and used the spinning motion of the sander to spin the wood, in essence making a little lathe. Sanding still took awhile, but by rounding the front off a lot it made the knob look smaller without having to sand it all down. This is a fairly hard wood, so sanding it down another 1/4" all around would probably take several hours, at least with my current setup. I think I'll live with it at this size for awhile and if I want to tinker again or improve the look I'll sand it some more.post #15975 of 1904212/1/13 at 10:07amQuote:
Good point. Any worry about the ear pads or auto-adjusting tension bands wearing out prematurely?
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir balanced headphone amp, in excellent condition 37 seconds ago
- › FS: HiFiMAN RE-600 Songbird IEMs 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Man HE-400 for Sale - Mint!! UK 2 minutes ago
- › Beautiful balanced Teflon coated OCC 10' cable for... 3 minutes ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)