Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1065post #15961 of 1918511/30/13 at 3:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15962 of 1918511/30/13 at 3:57pmpost #15963 of 1918511/30/13 at 4:13pmQuote:
It's better (very pretty even), but I think it'd be even better if the diameter of the knob would be the same as height of the the bright area.post #15964 of 1918511/30/13 at 4:47pmpost #15965 of 1918511/30/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
Is your stand impacting the clamping force of the AKGs at all? I love that style stand but I've always been leery of putting the dual band AKGs on one.
Billpost #15966 of 1918511/30/13 at 4:50pmpost #15967 of 1918511/30/13 at 5:08pmpost #15968 of 1918511/30/13 at 5:28pm
Looks cosy. How's the LCD-X on this set-up? Not many here have the M51/MJ combo. I love mine, though I do miss a 1/4" se hp out. You have that taken care of by the Burson. My incoming Vali should sort that out.
Edited by olor1n - 11/30/13 at 5:35pmpost #15969 of 1918511/30/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Hi Bill - I haven't noticed any changes to the clamping force of my AKG.
The stand is much smaller than my head, so I figure i'd stretch them more wearing them than leaving them in the stand.post #15970 of 1918511/30/13 at 8:10pmpost #15971 of 1918511/30/13 at 11:50pmQuote:
So how did you make it?post #15972 of 1918511/30/13 at 11:59pmpost #15973 of 1918512/1/13 at 2:51am
Love the clean layout you have . and the light arrangement. :)
The V200 and the Burson are SE backups. However, having done some thinking - I have decided to get rid of the TH-900 and the T1. I should have no need for SE outputs anymore - but will keep at least the V200 anyway.
The LCD-X and the XC plays well with the M51/MJ combo. In fact - if I should have been rational about this hobby - I should have sold everything else - but won't. There is no such thing as being rational in this hobby. :)
Edited by Loevhagen - 12/1/13 at 2:54ampost #15974 of 1918512/1/13 at 6:55am
Well, I took the circle that was too big and started sanding. I'm using a random orbital, so it rotates in tiny circles, but the whole thing also spins, which then gave me an idea. The circle of wood had the whole in the middle, so I put it on a stick and used the spinning motion of the sander to spin the wood, in essence making a little lathe. Sanding still took awhile, but by rounding the front off a lot it made the knob look smaller without having to sand it all down. This is a fairly hard wood, so sanding it down another 1/4" all around would probably take several hours, at least with my current setup. I think I'll live with it at this size for awhile and if I want to tinker again or improve the look I'll sand it some more.post #15975 of 1918512/1/13 at 10:07amQuote:
Good point. Any worry about the ear pads or auto-adjusting tension bands wearing out prematurely?
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 3 minutes ago
- › Good wireless headphone for a $150 budget? 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Please help choosing between 3 amps+dac for my DT 990 pro 250 ohm 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 330 IEMs compared (Rock Jaw Alfa Genus added... 5 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Leckerton UHA-6S MK II 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Engine A5+ 7 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › Focal Spirit Professional by Frequen-C
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Frequen-C
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)