Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1061post #15901 of 2005611/24/13 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15902 of 2005611/24/13 at 2:31pmpost #15903 of 2005611/24/13 at 3:11pmpost #15904 of 2005611/24/13 at 4:24pmpost #15905 of 2005611/24/13 at 6:00pm
Not exactly new and yes I've modded all of them hahahah
It is like signing your own book. I just can't stop tinkering them for a bit!post #15906 of 2005611/24/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
Didn't think I'd seen them before... and you do seem to be constantly tinkering.
What's your next project? :Ppost #15907 of 2005611/24/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
I find them ridiculously good for the price.
They scale tremendously with higher end components. I'm using a PSaudio PWDMKii and a Ayre AX-7e with mine which are significantly more expensive than the speaker itself, but I have no qualms about it. I even purchased the dynaudio C1 top-plate because right after getting the LS50 and the dynaudio stand for it, I thought I would eventually upgrade because a 1500 dollar speaker could only get so good.
Even though I had this upgrade path, I haven't found the need to upgrade to the C1 yet, these are just that great.
Imaging and a beautiful midrange would be how I would describe this. As these are in a small room, I cannot comment much on the soundstage but I can say that it does extend beyond the speakers.
They just sound authentic i guess. They have a distinct centre image which works brilliantly with anything with a main vocal, and can really pressurise a room well despite their small size.post #15908 of 2005611/24/13 at 7:27pmpost #15909 of 2005611/25/13 at 3:47ampost #15910 of 2005611/25/13 at 8:05amQuote:
This, too, will pass.post #15911 of 2005611/25/13 at 8:21ampost #15912 of 2005611/25/13 at 10:24ampost #15913 of 2005611/25/13 at 6:48pm
Finished my new amp enclosure for the O2 which looks way better than the original if I say so myself :) The ODAC is installed in the rear. Of course I started working on it before I was able to get the HE-500, so it matches the old Grado SR-225is. If I ever decide to sell the O2 or the 225s, I think I'll have to bundle them and sell them together. Anyway, I'm loving the 500s.post #15914 of 2005611/25/13 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by mnarwold Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finished my new amp enclosure for the O2 which looks way better than the original if I say so myself :) The ODAC is installed in the rear. Of course I started working on it before I was able to get the HE-500, so it matches the old Grado SR-225is. If I ever decide to sell the O2 or the 225s, I think I'll have to bundle them and sell them together. Anyway, I'm loving the 500s.
Great work, me likes, if you decide to sell the 02 please let me know I like it (but no grado please )
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 14 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Looking For Headphones $400 And Under 1 minute ago
- › DNA Sonett 2 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2