Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1061post #15901 of 2105911/24/13 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15902 of 2105911/24/13 at 2:31pmpost #15903 of 2105911/24/13 at 3:11pmpost #15904 of 2105911/24/13 at 4:24pmpost #15905 of 2105911/24/13 at 6:00pm
Not exactly new and yes I've modded all of them hahahah
It is like signing your own book. I just can't stop tinkering them for a bit!post #15906 of 2105911/24/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
Didn't think I'd seen them before... and you do seem to be constantly tinkering.
What's your next project? :Ppost #15907 of 2105911/24/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
I find them ridiculously good for the price.
They scale tremendously with higher end components. I'm using a PSaudio PWDMKii and a Ayre AX-7e with mine which are significantly more expensive than the speaker itself, but I have no qualms about it. I even purchased the dynaudio C1 top-plate because right after getting the LS50 and the dynaudio stand for it, I thought I would eventually upgrade because a 1500 dollar speaker could only get so good.
Even though I had this upgrade path, I haven't found the need to upgrade to the C1 yet, these are just that great.
Imaging and a beautiful midrange would be how I would describe this. As these are in a small room, I cannot comment much on the soundstage but I can say that it does extend beyond the speakers.
They just sound authentic i guess. They have a distinct centre image which works brilliantly with anything with a main vocal, and can really pressurise a room well despite their small size.post #15908 of 2105911/24/13 at 7:27pmpost #15909 of 2105911/25/13 at 3:47ampost #15910 of 2105911/25/13 at 8:05amQuote:
This, too, will pass.post #15911 of 2105911/25/13 at 8:21ampost #15912 of 2105911/25/13 at 10:24ampost #15913 of 2105911/25/13 at 6:48pm
Finished my new amp enclosure for the O2 which looks way better than the original if I say so myself :) The ODAC is installed in the rear. Of course I started working on it before I was able to get the HE-500, so it matches the old Grado SR-225is. If I ever decide to sell the O2 or the 225s, I think I'll have to bundle them and sell them together. Anyway, I'm loving the 500s.post #15914 of 2105911/25/13 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by mnarwold Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finished my new amp enclosure for the O2 which looks way better than the original if I say so myself :) The ODAC is installed in the rear. Of course I started working on it before I was able to get the HE-500, so it matches the old Grado SR-225is. If I ever decide to sell the O2 or the 225s, I think I'll have to bundle them and sell them together. Anyway, I'm loving the 500s.
Great work, me likes, if you decide to sell the 02 please let me know I like it (but no grado please )
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 20 seconds ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 3 minutes ago
- › MusicMaker TK12 Appreciation / Impressions Thread Dual BA and DD... 5 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 8 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 8 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 8 minutes ago
- › Xuelin Ihifi 800, a brief introduction 10 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse