Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
First of all, I'd like to thank Burson Audio for giving me this opportunity. I really mean it. Secondly, this is my first review what so ever so please bear that in mind :) . I got home one...
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1061post #15901 of 2140911/24/13 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15902 of 2140911/24/13 at 2:31pmpost #15903 of 2140911/24/13 at 3:11pmpost #15904 of 2140911/24/13 at 4:24pmpost #15905 of 2140911/24/13 at 6:00pm
Not exactly new and yes I've modded all of them hahahah
It is like signing your own book. I just can't stop tinkering them for a bit!post #15906 of 2140911/24/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
Didn't think I'd seen them before... and you do seem to be constantly tinkering.
What's your next project? :Ppost #15907 of 2140911/24/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
I find them ridiculously good for the price.
They scale tremendously with higher end components. I'm using a PSaudio PWDMKii and a Ayre AX-7e with mine which are significantly more expensive than the speaker itself, but I have no qualms about it. I even purchased the dynaudio C1 top-plate because right after getting the LS50 and the dynaudio stand for it, I thought I would eventually upgrade because a 1500 dollar speaker could only get so good.
Even though I had this upgrade path, I haven't found the need to upgrade to the C1 yet, these are just that great.
Imaging and a beautiful midrange would be how I would describe this. As these are in a small room, I cannot comment much on the soundstage but I can say that it does extend beyond the speakers.
They just sound authentic i guess. They have a distinct centre image which works brilliantly with anything with a main vocal, and can really pressurise a room well despite their small size.post #15908 of 2140911/24/13 at 7:27pmpost #15909 of 2140911/25/13 at 3:47ampost #15910 of 2140911/25/13 at 8:05amQuote:
This, too, will pass.post #15911 of 2140911/25/13 at 8:21ampost #15912 of 2140911/25/13 at 10:24ampost #15913 of 2140911/25/13 at 6:48pm
Finished my new amp enclosure for the O2 which looks way better than the original if I say so myself :) The ODAC is installed in the rear. Of course I started working on it before I was able to get the HE-500, so it matches the old Grado SR-225is. If I ever decide to sell the O2 or the 225s, I think I'll have to bundle them and sell them together. Anyway, I'm loving the 500s.post #15914 of 2140911/25/13 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by mnarwold Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finished my new amp enclosure for the O2 which looks way better than the original if I say so myself :) The ODAC is installed in the rear. Of course I started working on it before I was able to get the HE-500, so it matches the old Grado SR-225is. If I ever decide to sell the O2 or the 225s, I think I'll have to bundle them and sell them together. Anyway, I'm loving the 500s.
Great work, me likes, if you decide to sell the 02 please let me know I like it (but no grado please )
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1 vs. RS2 27 seconds ago
- › Shure SE215 noise: cable or monitors? 1 minute ago
- › Does your Powercolor Devil HDX 7.1 suffer from the warm reboot issue? 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Black Widow 3 minutes ago
- › TOTALDAC DAC 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Dog-fi 4 minutes ago
- › 10th Vienna Meet Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...