Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I first started with the ath a900x which i fell in love with. Recently they broke, and i did not have the money to purchases them again or the newer model. So i took a chance and got the a550z, for...
-Introduction- RHA is an interesting company. It has forged its own place within the audiophile world, making a name for itself based on the industrial design language of its products and the...
Welcome to the review of wireless + Wired High resolution in ear monitors Advanced Model 3. Disclaimer: This headphones were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1061post #15901 of 2137111/24/13 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15902 of 2137111/24/13 at 2:31pmpost #15903 of 2137111/24/13 at 3:11pmpost #15904 of 2137111/24/13 at 4:24pmpost #15905 of 2137111/24/13 at 6:00pm
Not exactly new and yes I've modded all of them hahahah
It is like signing your own book. I just can't stop tinkering them for a bit!post #15906 of 2137111/24/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
Didn't think I'd seen them before... and you do seem to be constantly tinkering.
What's your next project? :Ppost #15907 of 2137111/24/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
I find them ridiculously good for the price.
They scale tremendously with higher end components. I'm using a PSaudio PWDMKii and a Ayre AX-7e with mine which are significantly more expensive than the speaker itself, but I have no qualms about it. I even purchased the dynaudio C1 top-plate because right after getting the LS50 and the dynaudio stand for it, I thought I would eventually upgrade because a 1500 dollar speaker could only get so good.
Even though I had this upgrade path, I haven't found the need to upgrade to the C1 yet, these are just that great.
Imaging and a beautiful midrange would be how I would describe this. As these are in a small room, I cannot comment much on the soundstage but I can say that it does extend beyond the speakers.
They just sound authentic i guess. They have a distinct centre image which works brilliantly with anything with a main vocal, and can really pressurise a room well despite their small size.post #15908 of 2137111/24/13 at 7:27pmpost #15909 of 2137111/25/13 at 3:47ampost #15910 of 2137111/25/13 at 8:05amQuote:
This, too, will pass.post #15911 of 2137111/25/13 at 8:21ampost #15912 of 2137111/25/13 at 10:24ampost #15913 of 2137111/25/13 at 6:48pm
Finished my new amp enclosure for the O2 which looks way better than the original if I say so myself :) The ODAC is installed in the rear. Of course I started working on it before I was able to get the HE-500, so it matches the old Grado SR-225is. If I ever decide to sell the O2 or the 225s, I think I'll have to bundle them and sell them together. Anyway, I'm loving the 500s.post #15914 of 2137111/25/13 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by mnarwold Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finished my new amp enclosure for the O2 which looks way better than the original if I say so myself :) The ODAC is installed in the rear. Of course I started working on it before I was able to get the HE-500, so it matches the old Grado SR-225is. If I ever decide to sell the O2 or the 225s, I think I'll have to bundle them and sell them together. Anyway, I'm loving the 500s.
Great work, me likes, if you decide to sell the 02 please let me know I like it (but no grado please )
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 42 seconds ago
- › TH-900 Fostex EZ-Simple Mods and other Fostex Dynamic Variants... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 4 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 4 minutes ago
- › Need help deciding if a Fiio X3 is worth it for my situation 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 4 minutes ago
- › 13th Calgary Head-Fi Meet - Postponed to October 16 (Sunday) 4 minutes ago
- › Expatinjapan review thread index 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: Ether C 1.1/Alpha Prime/TOTL Closed can 5 minutes ago
- › Want to Control Speakers/Sub and Headphones Through Separate Volume... 6 minutes ago
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...