Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1061post #15901 of 2124011/24/13 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15902 of 2124011/24/13 at 2:31pmpost #15903 of 2124011/24/13 at 3:11pmpost #15904 of 2124011/24/13 at 4:24pmpost #15905 of 2124011/24/13 at 6:00pm
Not exactly new and yes I've modded all of them hahahah
It is like signing your own book. I just can't stop tinkering them for a bit!post #15906 of 2124011/24/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
Didn't think I'd seen them before... and you do seem to be constantly tinkering.
What's your next project? :Ppost #15907 of 2124011/24/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
I find them ridiculously good for the price.
They scale tremendously with higher end components. I'm using a PSaudio PWDMKii and a Ayre AX-7e with mine which are significantly more expensive than the speaker itself, but I have no qualms about it. I even purchased the dynaudio C1 top-plate because right after getting the LS50 and the dynaudio stand for it, I thought I would eventually upgrade because a 1500 dollar speaker could only get so good.
Even though I had this upgrade path, I haven't found the need to upgrade to the C1 yet, these are just that great.
Imaging and a beautiful midrange would be how I would describe this. As these are in a small room, I cannot comment much on the soundstage but I can say that it does extend beyond the speakers.
They just sound authentic i guess. They have a distinct centre image which works brilliantly with anything with a main vocal, and can really pressurise a room well despite their small size.post #15908 of 2124011/24/13 at 7:27pmpost #15909 of 2124011/25/13 at 3:47ampost #15910 of 2124011/25/13 at 8:05amQuote:
This, too, will pass.post #15911 of 2124011/25/13 at 8:21ampost #15912 of 2124011/25/13 at 10:24ampost #15913 of 2124011/25/13 at 6:48pm
Finished my new amp enclosure for the O2 which looks way better than the original if I say so myself :) The ODAC is installed in the rear. Of course I started working on it before I was able to get the HE-500, so it matches the old Grado SR-225is. If I ever decide to sell the O2 or the 225s, I think I'll have to bundle them and sell them together. Anyway, I'm loving the 500s.post #15914 of 2124011/25/13 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by mnarwold Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finished my new amp enclosure for the O2 which looks way better than the original if I say so myself :) The ODAC is installed in the rear. Of course I started working on it before I was able to get the HE-500, so it matches the old Grado SR-225is. If I ever decide to sell the O2 or the 225s, I think I'll have to bundle them and sell them together. Anyway, I'm loving the 500s.
Great work, me likes, if you decide to sell the 02 please let me know I like it (but no grado please )
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Essence One MKII Fixed Line Out 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables Silver Widow cable for Audeze, ZMF, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo/Hugo Mini Adapter Cables - Moon/Sysconcept/Dyson 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese CIEM and UIEM manufacturers 6 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...