^ How did that soldering session go?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1050post #15736 of 1971611/9/13 at 4:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15737 of 1971611/9/13 at 4:22pmpost #15738 of 1971611/9/13 at 5:13pmQuote:
A good baseline is to start with the stock cable. Here's what I did - snip the TRS end off with about a foot of cable left, attach 4-pin XLR female to the TRS side, and male to the headphone side. I also added a small piece of red heatshrink to the right side ear connector for ease of identification.post #15739 of 1971611/9/13 at 5:51pm
very good, nicely done
but.. ahem.. you see... well...
"we" are kind of in the ultimate cable from scratch, means, you choose a custom conductor material, shape, custom insulation, and hand build it from scratch... you know ultimate stuff, in the k$ range... you know what i mean
can't disclose the tech and materials details, you know, classified information... but.. you get the picture...
sorry to all for the off topic we raised
p.s. i'm officially renaming the thread in "Show us your Top Secret Cable Projects. No old pictures please..."post #15740 of 1971611/9/13 at 6:09pmpost #15741 of 1971611/9/13 at 7:57pmpost #15742 of 1971611/9/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by brunk
A good baseline is to start with the stock cable. Here's what I did - snip the TRS end off with about a foot of cable left, attach 4-pin XLR female to the TRS side, and male to the headphone side. I also added a small piece of red heatshrink to the right side ear connector for ease of identification.
Now that, is a job well done :]post #15743 of 1971611/9/13 at 8:53pmpost #15744 of 1971611/9/13 at 9:55pmQuote:
Thanks Fellas!post #15745 of 1971611/10/13 at 11:16ampost #15746 of 1971611/10/13 at 11:26ampost #15747 of 1971611/10/13 at 11:30am
Added a few new stuff to my "sound corner" :)
A pair of diy speakers my dad did, going to exchange the bass and treble on it so it will be a bit better since its budget stuff. Also got a luxman lv-110 :) Actually the headphone speaker in it is really good! I would almost say it's as good as my little dot mk3, maybe even better! ^^post #15748 of 1971611/10/13 at 11:32ampost #15749 of 1971611/11/13 at 4:51am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › "The Lab" 20 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 7 minutes ago
- › The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 7 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Advice needed for choosing closed headphones 9 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 10 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3