Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1050post #15736 of 1785511/9/13 at 4:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15737 of 1785511/9/13 at 4:11pmpost #15738 of 1785511/9/13 at 4:22pmpost #15739 of 1785511/9/13 at 5:13pmQuote:
A good baseline is to start with the stock cable. Here's what I did - snip the TRS end off with about a foot of cable left, attach 4-pin XLR female to the TRS side, and male to the headphone side. I also added a small piece of red heatshrink to the right side ear connector for ease of identification.post #15740 of 1785511/9/13 at 5:51pm
very good, nicely done
but.. ahem.. you see... well...
"we" are kind of in the ultimate cable from scratch, means, you choose a custom conductor material, shape, custom insulation, and hand build it from scratch... you know ultimate stuff, in the k$ range... you know what i mean
can't disclose the tech and materials details, you know, classified information... but.. you get the picture...
sorry to all for the off topic we raised
p.s. i'm officially renaming the thread in "Show us your Top Secret Cable Projects. No old pictures please..."post #15741 of 1785511/9/13 at 6:09pmpost #15742 of 1785511/9/13 at 7:57pmpost #15743 of 1785511/9/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by brunk
A good baseline is to start with the stock cable. Here's what I did - snip the TRS end off with about a foot of cable left, attach 4-pin XLR female to the TRS side, and male to the headphone side. I also added a small piece of red heatshrink to the right side ear connector for ease of identification.
Now that, is a job well done :]post #15744 of 1785511/9/13 at 8:53pmpost #15745 of 1785511/9/13 at 9:55pmQuote:
Thanks Fellas!post #15746 of 1785511/10/13 at 11:16ampost #15747 of 1785511/10/13 at 11:26ampost #15748 of 1785511/10/13 at 11:30am
Added a few new stuff to my "sound corner" :)
A pair of diy speakers my dad did, going to exchange the bass and treble on it so it will be a bit better since its budget stuff. Also got a luxman lv-110 :) Actually the headphone speaker in it is really good! I would almost say it's as good as my little dot mk3, maybe even better! ^^post #15749 of 1785511/10/13 at 11:32am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 15 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 or Superlux HD 681 EVO? 43 seconds ago
- › Final Amp for HD800 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus. EML 2A3 Mesh. EML 5U4G. Shipping US or Pickup Chicago. 2 minutes ago
- › Help with buying Headphones/In ears 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 4 minutes ago
- › Thinking about getting a Fiio X5 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob