Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1050post #15736 of 1737711/9/13 at 4:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15737 of 1737711/9/13 at 4:11pmpost #15738 of 1737711/9/13 at 4:22pmpost #15739 of 1737711/9/13 at 5:13pmQuote:
A good baseline is to start with the stock cable. Here's what I did - snip the TRS end off with about a foot of cable left, attach 4-pin XLR female to the TRS side, and male to the headphone side. I also added a small piece of red heatshrink to the right side ear connector for ease of identification.post #15740 of 1737711/9/13 at 5:51pm
very good, nicely done
but.. ahem.. you see... well...
"we" are kind of in the ultimate cable from scratch, means, you choose a custom conductor material, shape, custom insulation, and hand build it from scratch... you know ultimate stuff, in the k$ range... you know what i mean
can't disclose the tech and materials details, you know, classified information... but.. you get the picture...
sorry to all for the off topic we raised
p.s. i'm officially renaming the thread in "Show us your Top Secret Cable Projects. No old pictures please..."post #15741 of 1737711/9/13 at 6:09pmpost #15742 of 1737711/9/13 at 7:57pmpost #15743 of 1737711/9/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by brunk
A good baseline is to start with the stock cable. Here's what I did - snip the TRS end off with about a foot of cable left, attach 4-pin XLR female to the TRS side, and male to the headphone side. I also added a small piece of red heatshrink to the right side ear connector for ease of identification.
Now that, is a job well done :]post #15744 of 1737711/9/13 at 8:53pmpost #15745 of 1737711/9/13 at 9:55pmQuote:
Thanks Fellas!post #15746 of 1737711/10/13 at 11:16ampost #15747 of 1737711/10/13 at 11:26ampost #15748 of 1737711/10/13 at 11:30am
Added a few new stuff to my "sound corner" :)
A pair of diy speakers my dad did, going to exchange the bass and treble on it so it will be a bit better since its budget stuff. Also got a luxman lv-110 :) Actually the headphone speaker in it is really good! I would almost say it's as good as my little dot mk3, maybe even better! ^^post #15749 of 1737711/10/13 at 11:32am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 49 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Dangerous Music Source DAC 1 minute ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 1 minute ago
- › WTS Ipod 5.5g 240gb rockboxed+Neco Soundlab V3 DUAL AMP (op amp... 2 minutes ago
- › Open-Back headphones with bass 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 6 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 7 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 7 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude