Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1038post #15556 of 1625410/30/13 at 10:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15557 of 1625410/30/13 at 10:22pmQuote:You don't have to be a prick about it do you.
And the guy in the stored didnt even mention cables. I was already going to buy it when he said it, so I just thought of bringing it up.post #15558 of 1625410/31/13 at 1:51amQuote:
But how do you know when your cables are burnt in (may be that's my problem)post #15559 of 1625410/31/13 at 2:05amQuote:
Nice set up Donpost #15560 of 1625410/31/13 at 2:30ampost #15561 of 1625410/31/13 at 4:30amQuote:I was joking man sorry if I came off as snarky.Originally Posted by AndrobQuote:You don't have to be a prick about it do you.
And the guy in the stored didnt even mention cables. I was already going to buy it when he said it, so I just thought of bringing it up.post #15562 of 1625410/31/13 at 4:51ampost #15563 of 1625410/31/13 at 6:16am
I think the burn-in issue is just a remnant from an older era, when things really did have burn-in. Now I think the guys at the hifi stores just say everything has burn-in. One reason they say this is it gives you a reason to not return items if you experience buyers remorse or aren't 100% satisfied and it doesn't cost them . . . you just need to wait and the sound will get better. According to all the tests I've seen with measurement equipment, there isn't any burn-in on solid state amps or cables. If there is a change after 100 hours, then we don't have a piece of equipment that can detect it, and the equipment we do have is far more precise than our hearing.
The other interesting thing about the burn-in is that it seems like the amount of time it takes keeps getting higher and higher.post #15564 of 1625410/31/13 at 6:36am
I was under the impression that burn-in was a simple loosening of moving mechanical parts through use, similar to mechanical dithering. Under that assumption, it would not make sense for anything without moving parts to need to burn-in.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 10/31/13 at 6:37ampost #15565 of 1625410/31/13 at 6:53am
That too but I think metals getting heated up also changes shape therefore different sound when it been running for an hour for example. And things worn out over a long time and will change in that matter aswell.post #15566 of 1625410/31/13 at 7:10amAll this lovely banter about the sonic properties of wire... (sigh) belongs in the Sound Science foolishness forum with the posts about the sonic properties of power cords, fuses and AA Batteries...
Moar pictures please.post #15567 of 1625410/31/13 at 7:27ampost #15568 of 1625410/31/13 at 8:09ampost #15569 of 1625410/31/13 at 8:18amI love the looks of the M&M stacks. I have considered one myself, but have yet to pull the trigger. Currently saving for an Emotiva DC-1 DAC/HP amp, so I am holding off for now.
I have considered buying the Magni after that either way, to have a low cost amp that should do well with harder to drive 'phones.post #15570 of 1625410/31/13 at 8:52am
Sounds wonderful with female vocals! Which is about 80% of my music collection lol. I'm actually returning my HE-400s because I like the sound of the W1000X so much.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 seconds ago
- › Gigabyte P34G good gaming laptop???? 43 seconds ago
- › Best headphones for EDM 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 1 minute ago
- › Received "interesting" opinion today... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NW-Z1070 (Japan Version) – Help for Dummies thread 5 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis meet Jan 26, 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 7 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe