Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1038post #15556 of 1738810/30/13 at 10:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15557 of 1738810/30/13 at 10:22pmQuote:You don't have to be a prick about it do you.
And the guy in the stored didnt even mention cables. I was already going to buy it when he said it, so I just thought of bringing it up.post #15558 of 1738810/31/13 at 1:51amQuote:
But how do you know when your cables are burnt in (may be that's my problem)post #15559 of 1738810/31/13 at 2:05amQuote:
Nice set up Donpost #15560 of 1738810/31/13 at 2:30ampost #15561 of 1738810/31/13 at 4:30amQuote:I was joking man sorry if I came off as snarky.Originally Posted by AndrobQuote:You don't have to be a prick about it do you.
And the guy in the stored didnt even mention cables. I was already going to buy it when he said it, so I just thought of bringing it up.post #15562 of 1738810/31/13 at 4:51ampost #15563 of 1738810/31/13 at 6:16am
I think the burn-in issue is just a remnant from an older era, when things really did have burn-in. Now I think the guys at the hifi stores just say everything has burn-in. One reason they say this is it gives you a reason to not return items if you experience buyers remorse or aren't 100% satisfied and it doesn't cost them . . . you just need to wait and the sound will get better. According to all the tests I've seen with measurement equipment, there isn't any burn-in on solid state amps or cables. If there is a change after 100 hours, then we don't have a piece of equipment that can detect it, and the equipment we do have is far more precise than our hearing.
The other interesting thing about the burn-in is that it seems like the amount of time it takes keeps getting higher and higher.post #15564 of 1738810/31/13 at 6:36am
I was under the impression that burn-in was a simple loosening of moving mechanical parts through use, similar to mechanical dithering. Under that assumption, it would not make sense for anything without moving parts to need to burn-in.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 10/31/13 at 6:37ampost #15565 of 1738810/31/13 at 6:53am
That too but I think metals getting heated up also changes shape therefore different sound when it been running for an hour for example. And things worn out over a long time and will change in that matter aswell.post #15566 of 1738810/31/13 at 7:10amAll this lovely banter about the sonic properties of wire... (sigh) belongs in the Sound Science foolishness forum with the posts about the sonic properties of power cords, fuses and AA Batteries...
Moar pictures please.post #15567 of 1738810/31/13 at 7:27ampost #15568 of 1738810/31/13 at 8:09ampost #15569 of 1738810/31/13 at 8:18amI love the looks of the M&M stacks. I have considered one myself, but have yet to pull the trigger. Currently saving for an Emotiva DC-1 DAC/HP amp, so I am holding off for now.
I have considered buying the Magni after that either way, to have a low cost amp that should do well with harder to drive 'phones.post #15570 of 1738810/31/13 at 8:52am
Sounds wonderful with female vocals! Which is about 80% of my music collection lol. I'm actually returning my HE-400s because I like the sound of the W1000X so much.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony NWZ F886 ---> Worth it ?? 6 seconds ago
- › D100 and Ak120 which one is better 23 seconds ago
- › Problem with Schiit Mjolnir 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 53 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › Production of HE-400 stopped? Is there gonna be a successor? 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude