Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1038post #15556 of 1866910/30/13 at 10:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15557 of 1866910/30/13 at 10:22pmQuote:You don't have to be a prick about it do you.
And the guy in the stored didnt even mention cables. I was already going to buy it when he said it, so I just thought of bringing it up.post #15558 of 1866910/31/13 at 1:51amQuote:
But how do you know when your cables are burnt in (may be that's my problem)post #15559 of 1866910/31/13 at 2:05amQuote:
Nice set up Donpost #15560 of 1866910/31/13 at 2:30ampost #15561 of 1866910/31/13 at 4:30amQuote:I was joking man sorry if I came off as snarky.Originally Posted by AndrobQuote:You don't have to be a prick about it do you.
And the guy in the stored didnt even mention cables. I was already going to buy it when he said it, so I just thought of bringing it up.post #15562 of 1866910/31/13 at 4:51ampost #15563 of 1866910/31/13 at 6:16am
I think the burn-in issue is just a remnant from an older era, when things really did have burn-in. Now I think the guys at the hifi stores just say everything has burn-in. One reason they say this is it gives you a reason to not return items if you experience buyers remorse or aren't 100% satisfied and it doesn't cost them . . . you just need to wait and the sound will get better. According to all the tests I've seen with measurement equipment, there isn't any burn-in on solid state amps or cables. If there is a change after 100 hours, then we don't have a piece of equipment that can detect it, and the equipment we do have is far more precise than our hearing.
The other interesting thing about the burn-in is that it seems like the amount of time it takes keeps getting higher and higher.post #15564 of 1866910/31/13 at 6:36am
I was under the impression that burn-in was a simple loosening of moving mechanical parts through use, similar to mechanical dithering. Under that assumption, it would not make sense for anything without moving parts to need to burn-in.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 10/31/13 at 6:37ampost #15565 of 1866910/31/13 at 6:53am
That too but I think metals getting heated up also changes shape therefore different sound when it been running for an hour for example. And things worn out over a long time and will change in that matter aswell.post #15566 of 1866910/31/13 at 7:10amAll this lovely banter about the sonic properties of wire... (sigh) belongs in the Sound Science foolishness forum with the posts about the sonic properties of power cords, fuses and AA Batteries...
Moar pictures please.post #15567 of 1866910/31/13 at 7:27ampost #15568 of 1866910/31/13 at 8:09ampost #15569 of 1866910/31/13 at 8:18amI love the looks of the M&M stacks. I have considered one myself, but have yet to pull the trigger. Currently saving for an Emotiva DC-1 DAC/HP amp, so I am holding off for now.
I have considered buying the Magni after that either way, to have a low cost amp that should do well with harder to drive 'phones.post #15570 of 1866910/31/13 at 8:52am
Sounds wonderful with female vocals! Which is about 80% of my music collection lol. I'm actually returning my HE-400s because I like the sound of the W1000X so much.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FLAC, where can i get more? 57 seconds ago
- › ### Amp/Dac under $400 ### 1 minute ago
- › [WTB] AKG K712 Pro Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › best headphone in the world? 3 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)