Thanks (Shudder) i think!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1035
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15512 of 2022610/27/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
That looks like a cable-management nightmare, but you're definitely doing the hobby right. You've got headphones and source equipment with sound signatures all over the place.post #15513 of 2022610/27/13 at 1:02pmpost #15514 of 2022610/27/13 at 2:03pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by m8o
In search of Mid-range nirvana
It would probably have cost me less to have one high-end rig ... but who's kidding who? I wouldn't have been content with that either!
Headphones from front to back:
Mr.Speaker Mad Dog rev 3.2
Focal Spirit One
Yamaha Pro500 w/custom Beyer 990 pad mod
Beyer T50p on the desk connected to a
Cowon D3 player feeding a FiiO E17/Alpen over Coax S/PDIF
Equipment from the bottom up:
Arcam DV139 DVD/DVD-A/SACD/HDCD/CD player
Perreaux TS2 switch matrix
Little Dot CDP_II transport
Little Dot III+ amp
Perreaux SXH1 Silhouette amp
FiiO E09K E17 Doc/Amp
(and another E17 serving DAC duties to the CDP_II and Foobar2K)
now you can start selling, and buying, and selling again, and buying again... again and again...post #15515 of 2022610/27/13 at 9:27pm
Well this will be my listening station for the next two and a half weeks then the LCD 3's and the Conductor SL move along to the next recipients.
Going to be sad to send the LCD 3's along their way, they are such an amazing headphone.post #15516 of 2022610/27/13 at 10:10pmpost #15517 of 2022610/27/13 at 10:16pmQuote:
Burson loaner tour.post #15518 of 2022610/27/13 at 10:16pmpost #15519 of 2022610/27/13 at 10:32pmpost #15520 of 2022610/27/13 at 10:41pmpost #15521 of 2022610/28/13 at 3:29ampost #15522 of 2022610/28/13 at 7:51am
It is an amazing headphone, in the future possibly but right now it is not in my budget. I would like to hear the closed version as well.
Thank you!post #15523 of 2022610/28/13 at 11:45amQuote:
Trust me, the tube addiction gets expensive very fast...post #15524 of 2022610/28/13 at 11:51ampost #15525 of 2022610/28/13 at 12:43pm
Just think of it as a bonus. You don't have to roll but . . . if you do roll you get a whole new type of sound. (Not always better mind you.)
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 26 seconds ago
- › Looking for closed back headphones and DAP for music listening and... 56 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 1 minute ago
- › worst date stories 2 minutes ago
- › Gilmore Lite power supply questions. 3 minutes ago
- › Need new headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 4 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2