It appears you're using the same isolation feet for your gear, what are those? Whats the device on the bottom shelf? That shelving looks very sturdy by the way, excellent job!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1034post #15496 of 1874110/25/13 at 5:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15497 of 1874110/25/13 at 5:17pmpost #15498 of 1874110/25/13 at 5:21pm
Wrong thread to ask that question.
Post a thread in this sub-forum.post #15499 of 1874110/25/13 at 5:23pmQuote:
They are just aluminum stock I machined. Nothing special, but I made them myself so they match. The bottom shelf is my custom Switch/DAC
It has a pupdac and a RCA as inputs controlled by right switch, and 6 outputs controlled by the knob.
The shelving was a quick and dirty job, at this point I am just trying to get through grad school and get a job, the next desk I will build from the ground up correctly, rather than just bolting junk onto my old stuff.post #15500 of 1874110/25/13 at 6:08pmpost #15501 of 1874110/25/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Step One: Longer racks for your headphones.
Looking at your pictures made me worried for your DT and T50RP!post #15502 of 1874110/26/13 at 2:29ampost #15503 of 1874110/26/13 at 5:56amQuote:
a very clean and nice set up!post #15504 of 1874110/26/13 at 6:55ampost #15505 of 1874110/26/13 at 10:03amQuote:
The family has grown quite quickly and rather unexpectedly. I need to get back to ikea to buy more hangers..post #15506 of 1874110/26/13 at 10:07ampost #15507 of 1874110/26/13 at 10:23ampost #15508 of 1874110/26/13 at 12:01pmpost #15509 of 1874110/26/13 at 12:39pmpost #15510 of 1874110/26/13 at 4:30pm
In search of Mid-range nirvana
It would probably have cost me less to have one high-end rig ... but who's kidding who? I wouldn't have been content with that either!
Headphones from front to back:
Mr.Speaker Mad Dog rev 3.2
Focal Spirit One
Yamaha Pro500 w/custom Beyer 990 pad mod
Beyer T50p on the desk connected to a
Cowon D3 player feeding a FiiO E17/Alpen over Coax S/PDIF
Equipment from the bottom up:
Arcam DV139 DVD/DVD-A/SACD/HDCD/CD player
Perreaux TS2 switch matrix
Little Dot CDP_II transport
Little Dot III+ amp
Perreaux SXH1 Silhouette amp
FiiO E09K E17 Doc/Amp
(and another E17 serving DAC duties to the CDP_II and Foobar2K)
Edited by m8o - 10/26/13 at 4:32pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › tantra mantra black magic specialist +91 9672747263 11 seconds ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › (Poll) Best Wireless Headphones for around $300? (Senn. RS180 vs.... 49 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › ''LOVE'' vashikaran specialist +91 9672747263 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › love guru love(((( vashiKAran))()) speciAliSt baba +91 9672747263 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)