It appears you're using the same isolation feet for your gear, what are those? Whats the device on the bottom shelf? That shelving looks very sturdy by the way, excellent job!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just got a pair of AKG K712s, so I needed an amp. It came down to choosing between ALO Audio's The National, and the International which were both being sold by the Headphone Bar in Vancouver....
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1034post #15496 of 1748910/25/13 at 5:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15497 of 1748910/25/13 at 5:17pmpost #15498 of 1748910/25/13 at 5:21pm
Wrong thread to ask that question.
Post a thread in this sub-forum.post #15499 of 1748910/25/13 at 5:23pmQuote:
They are just aluminum stock I machined. Nothing special, but I made them myself so they match. The bottom shelf is my custom Switch/DAC
It has a pupdac and a RCA as inputs controlled by right switch, and 6 outputs controlled by the knob.
The shelving was a quick and dirty job, at this point I am just trying to get through grad school and get a job, the next desk I will build from the ground up correctly, rather than just bolting junk onto my old stuff.post #15500 of 1748910/25/13 at 6:08pmpost #15501 of 1748910/25/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Step One: Longer racks for your headphones.
Looking at your pictures made me worried for your DT and T50RP!post #15502 of 1748910/26/13 at 2:29ampost #15503 of 1748910/26/13 at 5:56amQuote:
a very clean and nice set up!post #15504 of 1748910/26/13 at 6:55ampost #15505 of 1748910/26/13 at 10:03amQuote:
The family has grown quite quickly and rather unexpectedly. I need to get back to ikea to buy more hangers..post #15506 of 1748910/26/13 at 10:07ampost #15507 of 1748910/26/13 at 10:23ampost #15508 of 1748910/26/13 at 12:01pmpost #15509 of 1748910/26/13 at 12:39pmpost #15510 of 1748910/26/13 at 4:30pm
In search of Mid-range nirvana
It would probably have cost me less to have one high-end rig ... but who's kidding who? I wouldn't have been content with that either!
Headphones from front to back:
Mr.Speaker Mad Dog rev 3.2
Focal Spirit One
Yamaha Pro500 w/custom Beyer 990 pad mod
Beyer T50p on the desk connected to a
Cowon D3 player feeding a FiiO E17/Alpen over Coax S/PDIF
Equipment from the bottom up:
Arcam DV139 DVD/DVD-A/SACD/HDCD/CD player
Perreaux TS2 switch matrix
Little Dot CDP_II transport
Little Dot III+ amp
Perreaux SXH1 Silhouette amp
FiiO E09K E17 Doc/Amp
(and another E17 serving DAC duties to the CDP_II and Foobar2K)
Edited by m8o - 10/26/13 at 4:32pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sine SA-6 Power Distributor with 6 US plugs 53 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Latest... 1 minute ago
- › FS: Cary Audio CAD 300 SEI Integrated Amplifier 220V 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100 - Comfortable, or not? 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 4 minutes ago
- › Brief Odac impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude