It appears you're using the same isolation feet for your gear, what are those? Whats the device on the bottom shelf? That shelving looks very sturdy by the way, excellent job!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1034post #15496 of 1844210/25/13 at 5:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15497 of 1844210/25/13 at 5:17pmpost #15498 of 1844210/25/13 at 5:21pm
Wrong thread to ask that question.
Post a thread in this sub-forum.post #15499 of 1844210/25/13 at 5:23pmQuote:
They are just aluminum stock I machined. Nothing special, but I made them myself so they match. The bottom shelf is my custom Switch/DAC
It has a pupdac and a RCA as inputs controlled by right switch, and 6 outputs controlled by the knob.
The shelving was a quick and dirty job, at this point I am just trying to get through grad school and get a job, the next desk I will build from the ground up correctly, rather than just bolting junk onto my old stuff.post #15500 of 1844210/25/13 at 6:08pmpost #15501 of 1844210/25/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Step One: Longer racks for your headphones.
Looking at your pictures made me worried for your DT and T50RP!post #15502 of 1844210/26/13 at 2:29ampost #15503 of 1844210/26/13 at 5:56amQuote:
a very clean and nice set up!post #15504 of 1844210/26/13 at 6:55ampost #15505 of 1844210/26/13 at 10:03amQuote:
The family has grown quite quickly and rather unexpectedly. I need to get back to ikea to buy more hangers..post #15506 of 1844210/26/13 at 10:07ampost #15507 of 1844210/26/13 at 10:23ampost #15508 of 1844210/26/13 at 12:01pmpost #15509 of 1844210/26/13 at 12:39pmpost #15510 of 1844210/26/13 at 4:30pm
In search of Mid-range nirvana
It would probably have cost me less to have one high-end rig ... but who's kidding who? I wouldn't have been content with that either!
Headphones from front to back:
Mr.Speaker Mad Dog rev 3.2
Focal Spirit One
Yamaha Pro500 w/custom Beyer 990 pad mod
Beyer T50p on the desk connected to a
Cowon D3 player feeding a FiiO E17/Alpen over Coax S/PDIF
Equipment from the bottom up:
Arcam DV139 DVD/DVD-A/SACD/HDCD/CD player
Perreaux TS2 switch matrix
Little Dot CDP_II transport
Little Dot III+ amp
Perreaux SXH1 Silhouette amp
FiiO E09K E17 Doc/Amp
(and another E17 serving DAC duties to the CDP_II and Foobar2K)
Edited by m8o - 10/26/13 at 4:32pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Rockbox is coming very soon to iBasso DX90 1 second ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations for good DAC+Amp under $80 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)