Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1015post #15211 of 202349/27/13 at 10:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15212 of 202349/27/13 at 10:42pm
Yes, that's right.
By the way, I don't appreciate the term Schiit connected to my Luxman here... xD Heh, well anyway, words can't describe how happy I am with this setup. This was the first time when I've been able to go out and just buy the exact gear I wanted. This is it.
Edited by TheOtus - 9/28/13 at 5:10ampost #15213 of 202349/27/13 at 11:18pmQuote:I dont blame ya . How do you like your Luxman compared to the p1u, are there any sonic differences?
Btw, nice Oyaide interconnects-- I personally love Oyaide stuff, had the DR-510 coaxial cable.
Edited by DarKen23 - 9/27/13 at 11:26pmpost #15214 of 202349/27/13 at 11:19pmpost #15215 of 202349/27/13 at 11:42pm
Thanks bud, I'd love a Marantz quad too!Quote:
Looking good, that crack is the schitt!!
So many great HD800 set-ups popping up these days. This deserves to be seen again, lovely photo!post #15216 of 202349/27/13 at 11:58pm
I never heard the P-1u, maybe sadly. My previous Luxman was SQ-N100, a terrific amp for both speakers and headphones.
Another one of items I've wanted for a while. Somehow I believe that they're mostly about the important aspects instead of magic and fancy look. Not saying that they don't look the part though, minimalistic and classy. I also have good experiences of rhodium plating so it was an easy choise.post #15217 of 202349/28/13 at 12:30ampost #15218 of 202349/28/13 at 12:37ampost #15219 of 202349/28/13 at 3:21ampost #15220 of 202349/28/13 at 5:12am
Nah it's cool my question is answered, not the place for this discussion. Just found it surprising.
Edited by drez - 9/28/13 at 5:14ampost #15221 of 202349/28/13 at 6:42amTechnically speaking the ATs are pretty sensitive. Balanced if nothing else would add gain and give less play on the Luxman's volume. No?
I'd say that's reason enough to go unbalanced.post #15222 of 202349/28/13 at 8:36am
That crossed my mind once or twice too and I could probably use that as my excuse. =D But I really don't know if it affects the actual volume heard on the phones.post #15223 of 202349/28/13 at 8:43amQuote:
You don't need an excuse - you have a sweet rig!post #15224 of 202349/28/13 at 10:53am
My current head-fi station. I just did a little write-up in the full-size amp forum about the build process. I had Shawn Phelps, former Bottlehead employee, build it for me. I have all the respect in the world for the DIY crowd...I'm just not one of them!
Also, I have to give John Rutter credit for the base. I sent him some curly maple and he did a beautiful job with it.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Finally NEW headphone from Beyerdynamic!!! DT-1770 16 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 34 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 52 seconds ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › New to the HiFi world. Help with DAC/Amp for desktop speakers 2 minutes ago
- › Hi res flac vs cd to flac 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2