Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1015post #15211 of 201789/27/13 at 10:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15212 of 201789/27/13 at 10:42pm
Yes, that's right.
By the way, I don't appreciate the term Schiit connected to my Luxman here... xD Heh, well anyway, words can't describe how happy I am with this setup. This was the first time when I've been able to go out and just buy the exact gear I wanted. This is it.
Edited by TheOtus - 9/28/13 at 5:10ampost #15213 of 201789/27/13 at 11:18pmQuote:I dont blame ya . How do you like your Luxman compared to the p1u, are there any sonic differences?
Btw, nice Oyaide interconnects-- I personally love Oyaide stuff, had the DR-510 coaxial cable.
Edited by DarKen23 - 9/27/13 at 11:26pmpost #15214 of 201789/27/13 at 11:19pmpost #15215 of 201789/27/13 at 11:42pm
Thanks bud, I'd love a Marantz quad too!Quote:
Looking good, that crack is the schitt!!
So many great HD800 set-ups popping up these days. This deserves to be seen again, lovely photo!post #15216 of 201789/27/13 at 11:58pm
I never heard the P-1u, maybe sadly. My previous Luxman was SQ-N100, a terrific amp for both speakers and headphones.
Another one of items I've wanted for a while. Somehow I believe that they're mostly about the important aspects instead of magic and fancy look. Not saying that they don't look the part though, minimalistic and classy. I also have good experiences of rhodium plating so it was an easy choise.post #15217 of 201789/28/13 at 12:30ampost #15218 of 201789/28/13 at 12:37ampost #15219 of 201789/28/13 at 3:21ampost #15220 of 201789/28/13 at 5:12am
Nah it's cool my question is answered, not the place for this discussion. Just found it surprising.
Edited by drez - 9/28/13 at 5:14ampost #15221 of 201789/28/13 at 6:42amTechnically speaking the ATs are pretty sensitive. Balanced if nothing else would add gain and give less play on the Luxman's volume. No?
I'd say that's reason enough to go unbalanced.post #15222 of 201789/28/13 at 8:36am
That crossed my mind once or twice too and I could probably use that as my excuse. =D But I really don't know if it affects the actual volume heard on the phones.post #15223 of 201789/28/13 at 8:43amQuote:
You don't need an excuse - you have a sweet rig!post #15224 of 201789/28/13 at 10:53am
My current head-fi station. I just did a little write-up in the full-size amp forum about the build process. I had Shawn Phelps, former Bottlehead employee, build it for me. I have all the respect in the world for the DIY crowd...I'm just not one of them!
Also, I have to give John Rutter credit for the base. I sent him some curly maple and he did a beautiful job with it.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Really Important Question/HELP ME ANYBODY! 2 minutes ago
- › The Chord Hugo TT is announced. 5 minutes ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 5 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Need helping buying a new pair of Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 8 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 10 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3