Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/11/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1015post #15211 of 215569/27/13 at 10:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15212 of 215569/27/13 at 10:42pm
Yes, that's right.
By the way, I don't appreciate the term Schiit connected to my Luxman here... xD Heh, well anyway, words can't describe how happy I am with this setup. This was the first time when I've been able to go out and just buy the exact gear I wanted. This is it.
Edited by TheOtus - 9/28/13 at 5:10ampost #15213 of 215569/27/13 at 11:18pmQuote:I dont blame ya . How do you like your Luxman compared to the p1u, are there any sonic differences?
Btw, nice Oyaide interconnects-- I personally love Oyaide stuff, had the DR-510 coaxial cable.
Edited by DarKen23 - 9/27/13 at 11:26pmpost #15214 of 215569/27/13 at 11:19pmpost #15215 of 215569/27/13 at 11:42pm
Thanks bud, I'd love a Marantz quad too!Quote:
Looking good, that crack is the schitt!!
So many great HD800 set-ups popping up these days. This deserves to be seen again, lovely photo!post #15216 of 215569/27/13 at 11:58pm
I never heard the P-1u, maybe sadly. My previous Luxman was SQ-N100, a terrific amp for both speakers and headphones.
Another one of items I've wanted for a while. Somehow I believe that they're mostly about the important aspects instead of magic and fancy look. Not saying that they don't look the part though, minimalistic and classy. I also have good experiences of rhodium plating so it was an easy choise.post #15217 of 215569/28/13 at 12:30ampost #15218 of 215569/28/13 at 12:37ampost #15219 of 215569/28/13 at 3:21ampost #15220 of 215569/28/13 at 5:12am
Nah it's cool my question is answered, not the place for this discussion. Just found it surprising.
Edited by drez - 9/28/13 at 5:14ampost #15221 of 215569/28/13 at 6:42amTechnically speaking the ATs are pretty sensitive. Balanced if nothing else would add gain and give less play on the Luxman's volume. No?
I'd say that's reason enough to go unbalanced.post #15222 of 215569/28/13 at 8:36am
That crossed my mind once or twice too and I could probably use that as my excuse. =D But I really don't know if it affects the actual volume heard on the phones.post #15223 of 215569/28/13 at 8:43amQuote:
You don't need an excuse - you have a sweet rig!post #15224 of 215569/28/13 at 10:53am
My current head-fi station. I just did a little write-up in the full-size amp forum about the build process. I had Shawn Phelps, former Bottlehead employee, build it for me. I have all the respect in the world for the DIY crowd...I'm just not one of them!
Also, I have to give John Rutter credit for the base. I sent him some curly maple and he did a beautiful job with it.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Amp. What's the point??? 9 seconds ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 16 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 19 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 43 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-10RBT vs MDR-ZX770bn 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Nobsound tube amp impression 2 minutes ago
- › Leather case for Onkyo DP-X1 (From PJ) Japan import New 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear