Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1015post #15211 of 200249/27/13 at 10:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15212 of 200249/27/13 at 10:42pm
Yes, that's right.
By the way, I don't appreciate the term Schiit connected to my Luxman here... xD Heh, well anyway, words can't describe how happy I am with this setup. This was the first time when I've been able to go out and just buy the exact gear I wanted. This is it.
Edited by TheOtus - 9/28/13 at 5:10ampost #15213 of 200249/27/13 at 11:18pmQuote:I dont blame ya . How do you like your Luxman compared to the p1u, are there any sonic differences?
Btw, nice Oyaide interconnects-- I personally love Oyaide stuff, had the DR-510 coaxial cable.
Edited by DarKen23 - 9/27/13 at 11:26pmpost #15214 of 200249/27/13 at 11:19pmpost #15215 of 200249/27/13 at 11:42pm
Thanks bud, I'd love a Marantz quad too!Quote:
Looking good, that crack is the schitt!!
So many great HD800 set-ups popping up these days. This deserves to be seen again, lovely photo!post #15216 of 200249/27/13 at 11:58pm
I never heard the P-1u, maybe sadly. My previous Luxman was SQ-N100, a terrific amp for both speakers and headphones.
Another one of items I've wanted for a while. Somehow I believe that they're mostly about the important aspects instead of magic and fancy look. Not saying that they don't look the part though, minimalistic and classy. I also have good experiences of rhodium plating so it was an easy choise.post #15217 of 200249/28/13 at 12:30ampost #15218 of 200249/28/13 at 12:37ampost #15219 of 200249/28/13 at 3:21ampost #15220 of 200249/28/13 at 5:12am
Nah it's cool my question is answered, not the place for this discussion. Just found it surprising.
Edited by drez - 9/28/13 at 5:14ampost #15221 of 200249/28/13 at 6:42amTechnically speaking the ATs are pretty sensitive. Balanced if nothing else would add gain and give less play on the Luxman's volume. No?
I'd say that's reason enough to go unbalanced.post #15222 of 200249/28/13 at 8:36am
That crossed my mind once or twice too and I could probably use that as my excuse. =D But I really don't know if it affects the actual volume heard on the phones.post #15223 of 200249/28/13 at 8:43amQuote:
You don't need an excuse - you have a sweet rig!post #15224 of 200249/28/13 at 10:53am
My current head-fi station. I just did a little write-up in the full-size amp forum about the build process. I had Shawn Phelps, former Bottlehead employee, build it for me. I have all the respect in the world for the DIY crowd...I'm just not one of them!
Also, I have to give John Rutter credit for the base. I sent him some curly maple and he did a beautiful job with it.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015 29 seconds ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 42 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 3 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2