Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1015post #15211 of 213739/27/13 at 10:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15212 of 213739/27/13 at 10:42pm
Yes, that's right.
By the way, I don't appreciate the term Schiit connected to my Luxman here... xD Heh, well anyway, words can't describe how happy I am with this setup. This was the first time when I've been able to go out and just buy the exact gear I wanted. This is it.
Edited by TheOtus - 9/28/13 at 5:10ampost #15213 of 213739/27/13 at 11:18pmQuote:I dont blame ya . How do you like your Luxman compared to the p1u, are there any sonic differences?
Btw, nice Oyaide interconnects-- I personally love Oyaide stuff, had the DR-510 coaxial cable.
Edited by DarKen23 - 9/27/13 at 11:26pmpost #15214 of 213739/27/13 at 11:19pmpost #15215 of 213739/27/13 at 11:42pm
Thanks bud, I'd love a Marantz quad too!Quote:
Looking good, that crack is the schitt!!
So many great HD800 set-ups popping up these days. This deserves to be seen again, lovely photo!post #15216 of 213739/27/13 at 11:58pm
I never heard the P-1u, maybe sadly. My previous Luxman was SQ-N100, a terrific amp for both speakers and headphones.
Another one of items I've wanted for a while. Somehow I believe that they're mostly about the important aspects instead of magic and fancy look. Not saying that they don't look the part though, minimalistic and classy. I also have good experiences of rhodium plating so it was an easy choise.post #15217 of 213739/28/13 at 12:30ampost #15218 of 213739/28/13 at 12:37ampost #15219 of 213739/28/13 at 3:21ampost #15220 of 213739/28/13 at 5:12am
Nah it's cool my question is answered, not the place for this discussion. Just found it surprising.
Edited by drez - 9/28/13 at 5:14ampost #15221 of 213739/28/13 at 6:42amTechnically speaking the ATs are pretty sensitive. Balanced if nothing else would add gain and give less play on the Luxman's volume. No?
I'd say that's reason enough to go unbalanced.post #15222 of 213739/28/13 at 8:36am
That crossed my mind once or twice too and I could probably use that as my excuse. =D But I really don't know if it affects the actual volume heard on the phones.post #15223 of 213739/28/13 at 8:43amQuote:
You don't need an excuse - you have a sweet rig!post #15224 of 213739/28/13 at 10:53am
My current head-fi station. I just did a little write-up in the full-size amp forum about the build process. I had Shawn Phelps, former Bottlehead employee, build it for me. I have all the respect in the world for the DIY crowd...I'm just not one of them!
Also, I have to give John Rutter credit for the base. I sent him some curly maple and he did a beautiful job with it.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 36 seconds ago
- › Recapturing the happiness I felt during a Radiohead concert... 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-ZERO (interest check) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...