or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1004

post #15046 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinto View Post
 

Thanks, Harbeth speakers sure are worth a listen, they have a real life like sound which I adore.. but be warned, you'll be restless untill you own them..:D

 

My last audition of the ES7s out of a Luxman amp didn't sound so great. Very detailed (the K01 feeding the Luxman helped a lot with that) but a bit too much in the mids. I liked the KEF LS50s better.

 

Anyhow, I'm running out of rack space today. Unfortunately it will be half cleared out of the best bits next month.  

 

post #15047 of 20226

Very nice and clean there Amos, you need some HPS-2 stands for those Stax to apply the finishing touches. :D

post #15048 of 20226

.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 4:38am
post #15049 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
 

 

My last audition of the ES7s out of a Luxman amp didn't sound so great. Very detailed (the K01 feeding the Luxman helped a lot with that) but a bit too much in the mids. I liked the KEF LS50s better.

 

Anyhow, I'm running out of rack space today. Unfortunately it will be half cleared out of the best bits next month.  

 

N I C E  :eek:

post #15050 of 20226

I keep saying I'm done spending money on my headphones for a while (it's sucking funds away from my PC upgrading sickness) but then people like Currawong post things like this and I feel the urge coming back.  Now I'm feeling a need to get a pair of TH900 and a more powerful amp.

post #15051 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNCPapa View Post
 

I keep saying I'm done spending money on my headphones for a while (it's sucking funds away from my PC upgrading sickness) but then people like Currawong post things like this and I feel the urge coming back.  Now I'm feeling a need to get a pair of TH900 and a more powerful amp.

 

I just got a big kick-up in income, and I'm facing the same situation now. I keep moving up and down the ladder now.

post #15052 of 20226

This is my current setup before I pack it away at the end of the month:

 

 

 

 

Was primarily setup for gaming but headphones and associated equipment have slowly taken over.

post #15053 of 20226

wow nice!

post #15054 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Very nice and clean there Amos, you need some HPS-2 stands for those Stax to apply the finishing touches. :D

 

I have one. I had one of the old plastic stands but it was dropped and broke :(

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post
 

That is a very impressive setup currawong. What headphone is hiding behind the hd800? It looks gradoish.

 

Symphones Magnums (325is with aluminium chambers and the custom driver). They are incredible out of the Studio Six and give the 'stats a solid run for their money. I think I'd need different tubes to get the best results out of the HD-800s.

post #15055 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
 

 

I have one. I had one of the old plastic stands but it was dropped and broke :(

 

Ah the discontinued HPS-1's that originally came with the LNS and Omega flagships back in the days. I had 4 of them (only 2 now). Why not get the plastic replaced and then slap a Stax sticker on the bottom?

post #15056 of 20226

My workplace M/M setup:

 

 

(not pictured: (over ear?!) Senn Momentums, streaming awesomeness into my ear canals during picture time!)

 

The Princess approves... :wink_face:

post #15057 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelectra View Post
 

My workplace M/M setup:

<pic cut>

(not pictured: (over ear?!) Senn Momentums, streaming awesomeness into my ear canals during picture time!)

 

The Princess approves... :wink_face:

Awesome! Do you feel like you have enough volume play with the Momentums out of the baby Schiits? Never tried them out of it, but all of my 32-ish Ohm small, full sized headphones didn't have too much volume play due to the gain. And that was with 12db attenuators.

post #15058 of 20226

A couple of months after my apartment was robbed, and the thieves made off with my computer, HD600, Asgard, and my Sabre dac (among other things), I've made progress back to a decent setup. Most of this wouldn't be possible without a good friend.

 

 

 

 

 

Lenovo Y580 > Hifimediy Sabre Asynchronous DAC > Matrix M-stage > ASG-2 or a cheapo headphone I'm borrowing from my office at school. I still need to find a replacement for my HD600 though. Possibly the MA900 will be enough once I recoup some funds.

post #15059 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post
 

Awesome! Do you feel like you have enough volume play with the Momentums out of the baby Schiits? Never tried them out of it, but all of my 32-ish Ohm small, full sized headphones didn't have too much volume play due to the gain. And that was with 12db attenuators.

 

OMG, THE POWER.

 

Definitely not alot of VOL play with the Momentums; I would really love to have more room to explore on the dial. Sometimes this combo seems like overkill. I've even considering grabbing a pair of 598s to mix in here at work, but I really prefer closed cans in this environment - trying to prevent bleed...I mean, who's on task ALL day?! :wink_face:

 

Then again, if I don't manage the output on this setup, there may be bleeding after all (and not the audio kind...) :basshead:

 

Are there any really good closed, higher impedance phones you could recommend? I'm about to pull the trigger on an UberFrost+Lyr setup for my main home listening rig (*giddy!*) so the upgrade path for this M/M work stack wasn't really on the agenda near-term. Do you think I might be better off with a tube system + the Momentums?

 

Anyhoo, it's awesome - just may be TOO awesome (?!)

post #15060 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelectra View Post

 

 

Are there any really good closed, higher impedance phones you could recommend? I'm about to pull the trigger on an UberFrost+Lyr setup for my main home listening rig (*giddy!*) so the upgrade path for this M/M work stack wasn't really on the agenda near-term. Do you think I might be better off with a tube system + the Momentums?

 

Anyhoo, it's awesome - just may be TOO awesome (?!)

I haven't used the Lyr, but it has a similar gain the the M/M, and a higher power output... so I would think you'd have a similar situation :( The DT-770 are very bassy, but they're quite good, nice soundstage, detailed, and SUPER comfy with those velour pads. I had the 250 Ohm version, and it's very good on the M/M. Might be too bass-heavy for you, though. I'd imagine the Denon D5k would be perfect for you though. Quite similar sound sig to the Momentum. It's discontinued though, so you'd have to pick it up second-hand. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...