Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these...
Oriveti Primacy: Making music sound like music Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1003post #15031 of 213049/9/13 at 10:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15032 of 213049/9/13 at 11:10ampost #15033 of 213049/9/13 at 11:16ampost #15034 of 213049/9/13 at 11:26amQuote:post #15035 of 213049/9/13 at 12:56pmpost #15036 of 213049/9/13 at 2:12pm
Thanks, Harbeth speakers sure are worth a listen, they have a real life like sound which I adore.. but be warned, you'll be restless untill you own them..
I know I was.
Not the best for electronic bass oriented stuff though..post #15037 of 213049/9/13 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yes Thanks. I got to the L&M site last night. Need to pop round to the local and have a boo. Have you opened this up yet? Curious as to the op amp implementationpost #15038 of 213049/9/13 at 3:56pm
Y'know, I've never even thought about opening it up. I'll try to remember to crack it open next time I have a chance.post #15039 of 213049/9/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
EEEK, You're going to have to surrender your title if you don'tpost #15040 of 213049/9/13 at 6:25pmpost #15041 of 213049/9/13 at 6:32pm
Nice setup! Really love the mew Marantz stuff. Have a soft sport for Marantz as it was my real first receiver in the late 70's. Thinking about setting up a 2CH system in the basement. Will probably go Marantz integrated with some Martin Logan Electro Motion ESL's . Heard wonderful things about the Grace. Very nice system and room indeed!
Quote:post #15042 of 213049/9/13 at 8:57pmQuote:
...they're fantastic for bass oriented stuff. The mid bass hump is perfect for most electronic music.post #15043 of 213049/9/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
Hey, cracking open headphones and mucking around with them is easy. Commercial amps are a bit tougher... I wouldn't be surprised if it used some kind of integrated chip in there or was all soic stuff (ugh I hate soldering smt stuff).
And just to stay on topic, here's a pic of current messy desktop...
edit: or the image uploader is being buggy. I'll try again later.post #15044 of 213049/10/13 at 12:51am
I always shared my grandfather's philosophy; "If your speakers [headphones] suck, it doesn't matter how good your amp is."post #15045 of 213049/10/13 at 1:17amQuote:
O Ok, I never listen to that stuff so you might be right haha
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 4 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S 4 seconds ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 20 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 56 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...