Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1003post #15031 of 200469/9/13 at 10:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15032 of 200469/9/13 at 11:10ampost #15033 of 200469/9/13 at 11:16ampost #15034 of 200469/9/13 at 11:26amQuote:post #15035 of 200469/9/13 at 12:56pmpost #15036 of 200469/9/13 at 2:12pm
Thanks, Harbeth speakers sure are worth a listen, they have a real life like sound which I adore.. but be warned, you'll be restless untill you own them..
I know I was.
Not the best for electronic bass oriented stuff though..post #15037 of 200469/9/13 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yes Thanks. I got to the L&M site last night. Need to pop round to the local and have a boo. Have you opened this up yet? Curious as to the op amp implementationpost #15038 of 200469/9/13 at 3:56pm
Y'know, I've never even thought about opening it up. I'll try to remember to crack it open next time I have a chance.post #15039 of 200469/9/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
EEEK, You're going to have to surrender your title if you don'tpost #15040 of 200469/9/13 at 6:25pmpost #15041 of 200469/9/13 at 6:32pm
Nice setup! Really love the mew Marantz stuff. Have a soft sport for Marantz as it was my real first receiver in the late 70's. Thinking about setting up a 2CH system in the basement. Will probably go Marantz integrated with some Martin Logan Electro Motion ESL's . Heard wonderful things about the Grace. Very nice system and room indeed!
Quote:post #15042 of 200469/9/13 at 8:57pmQuote:
...they're fantastic for bass oriented stuff. The mid bass hump is perfect for most electronic music.post #15043 of 200469/9/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
Hey, cracking open headphones and mucking around with them is easy. Commercial amps are a bit tougher... I wouldn't be surprised if it used some kind of integrated chip in there or was all soic stuff (ugh I hate soldering smt stuff).
And just to stay on topic, here's a pic of current messy desktop...
edit: or the image uploader is being buggy. I'll try again later.post #15044 of 200469/10/13 at 12:51am
I always shared my grandfather's philosophy; "If your speakers [headphones] suck, it doesn't matter how good your amp is."post #15045 of 200469/10/13 at 1:17amQuote:
O Ok, I never listen to that stuff so you might be right haha
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 13 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 51 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › How do you power high quality low impedance headphones (32 ohms)? 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › AKG new N90Q 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 7 minutes ago
- › New Head-Fi member 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2