Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1003post #15031 of 211869/9/13 at 10:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15032 of 211869/9/13 at 11:10ampost #15033 of 211869/9/13 at 11:16ampost #15034 of 211869/9/13 at 11:26amQuote:post #15035 of 211869/9/13 at 12:56pmpost #15036 of 211869/9/13 at 2:12pm
Thanks, Harbeth speakers sure are worth a listen, they have a real life like sound which I adore.. but be warned, you'll be restless untill you own them..
I know I was.
Not the best for electronic bass oriented stuff though..post #15037 of 211869/9/13 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yes Thanks. I got to the L&M site last night. Need to pop round to the local and have a boo. Have you opened this up yet? Curious as to the op amp implementationpost #15038 of 211869/9/13 at 3:56pm
Y'know, I've never even thought about opening it up. I'll try to remember to crack it open next time I have a chance.post #15039 of 211869/9/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
EEEK, You're going to have to surrender your title if you don'tpost #15040 of 211869/9/13 at 6:25pmpost #15041 of 211869/9/13 at 6:32pm
Nice setup! Really love the mew Marantz stuff. Have a soft sport for Marantz as it was my real first receiver in the late 70's. Thinking about setting up a 2CH system in the basement. Will probably go Marantz integrated with some Martin Logan Electro Motion ESL's . Heard wonderful things about the Grace. Very nice system and room indeed!
Quote:post #15042 of 211869/9/13 at 8:57pmQuote:
...they're fantastic for bass oriented stuff. The mid bass hump is perfect for most electronic music.post #15043 of 211869/9/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
Hey, cracking open headphones and mucking around with them is easy. Commercial amps are a bit tougher... I wouldn't be surprised if it used some kind of integrated chip in there or was all soic stuff (ugh I hate soldering smt stuff).
And just to stay on topic, here's a pic of current messy desktop...
edit: or the image uploader is being buggy. I'll try again later.post #15044 of 211869/10/13 at 12:51am
I always shared my grandfather's philosophy; "If your speakers [headphones] suck, it doesn't matter how good your amp is."post #15045 of 211869/10/13 at 1:17amQuote:
O Ok, I never listen to that stuff so you might be right haha
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 2 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 4 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 14 minutes ago
- › Cayin iHA-6 - the new "affordable reference" class balanced desktop... 15 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...