Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1003post #15031 of 199759/9/13 at 10:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15032 of 199759/9/13 at 11:10ampost #15033 of 199759/9/13 at 11:16ampost #15034 of 199759/9/13 at 11:26amQuote:post #15035 of 199759/9/13 at 12:56pmpost #15036 of 199759/9/13 at 2:12pm
Thanks, Harbeth speakers sure are worth a listen, they have a real life like sound which I adore.. but be warned, you'll be restless untill you own them..
I know I was.
Not the best for electronic bass oriented stuff though..post #15037 of 199759/9/13 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yes Thanks. I got to the L&M site last night. Need to pop round to the local and have a boo. Have you opened this up yet? Curious as to the op amp implementationpost #15038 of 199759/9/13 at 3:56pm
Y'know, I've never even thought about opening it up. I'll try to remember to crack it open next time I have a chance.post #15039 of 199759/9/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
EEEK, You're going to have to surrender your title if you don'tpost #15040 of 199759/9/13 at 6:25pmpost #15041 of 199759/9/13 at 6:32pm
Nice setup! Really love the mew Marantz stuff. Have a soft sport for Marantz as it was my real first receiver in the late 70's. Thinking about setting up a 2CH system in the basement. Will probably go Marantz integrated with some Martin Logan Electro Motion ESL's . Heard wonderful things about the Grace. Very nice system and room indeed!
Quote:post #15042 of 199759/9/13 at 8:57pmQuote:
...they're fantastic for bass oriented stuff. The mid bass hump is perfect for most electronic music.post #15043 of 199759/9/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
Hey, cracking open headphones and mucking around with them is easy. Commercial amps are a bit tougher... I wouldn't be surprised if it used some kind of integrated chip in there or was all soic stuff (ugh I hate soldering smt stuff).
And just to stay on topic, here's a pic of current messy desktop...
edit: or the image uploader is being buggy. I'll try again later.post #15044 of 199759/10/13 at 12:51am
I always shared my grandfather's philosophy; "If your speakers [headphones] suck, it doesn't matter how good your amp is."post #15045 of 199759/10/13 at 1:17amQuote:
O Ok, I never listen to that stuff so you might be right haha
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Beyerdynamic T1 + DT990 + K702 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for amplifier and speakers for my desktop 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 7 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 8 minutes ago
- › Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2