Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 2post #16 of 1874112/19/10 at 4:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1874112/19/10 at 5:17pmpost #18 of 1874112/19/10 at 5:22pm
Very nice. What are you plugging all this in to?
post #19 of 1874112/19/10 at 5:29pmpost #20 of 1874112/19/10 at 6:12pmQuote:
It's O.K.. Mostly I don't use the crossfeed because it attenuates the high-mids to highs too much. You can hear it right away. I think the other, more expensive headroom products have a switch for the highs but I'm not sure. The airhead is an improvement over the Memorex (duh) and has two headphone outputs to boot. Good idea.post #21 of 1874112/19/10 at 6:18pm
Sorry for the bad photos (you can thank my iPhone). Here's my current setup.
I'm pleased as punch with all of it except the speakers. Hopefully I will get around to auditioning some towers early next year to replace the Polks I still have from college. The Denon is quite remarkable at driving my HD650s and SE535, but for some reason the TF10s sound pretty lousy out of it; that is why I got the Headroom micro—though maybe it will go sooner than later, as I don't really use the TF10s for home listening.
(Equipment list can be found in my profile)
Edited by vinnievidi - 12/21/10 at 12:46pmpost #22 of 1874112/19/10 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by bbopheadQuote:
It's O.K.. Mostly I don't use the crossfeed because it attenuates the high-mids to highs too much. You can hear it right away. I think the other, more expensive headroom products have a switch for the highs but I'm not sure. The airhead is an improvement over the Memorex (duh) and has two headphone outputs to boot. Good idea.
Cool. My parents apparently got me a Total BitHead for Christmas, and I'm pretty psyched. I have only really heard good things about it, except that the crossfeed had some minor issues. I guess I will have to see if I like it. Thanks for your thoughts on the Airhead!
post #23 of 1874112/19/10 at 6:23pmpost #24 of 1874112/19/10 at 6:27pmpost #25 of 1874112/19/10 at 6:32pm
I like your clean system. Looks like you're using an iPad to control your Mac Mini too. Love the SL-1200 turntable!
You got a serious headphones station. I love the solid state & tube systems. Do you still spin CDs?post #26 of 1874112/19/10 at 6:33pmpost #27 of 1874112/19/10 at 6:36pm
You know, once I started using the iPad/ MacMini setup, I don't know how I did without it. As for the SL-1200, my wife thinks it kills the aesthetic but said I can't replace it until it dies. Too bad for her that it will last longer than the two of us!
Quote:post #28 of 1874112/19/10 at 6:51pmQuote:
It's just so much more convenient for me. Rip it and forget it. I do have an old Sony 5-disc CDP connected to my Behringer DAC via optical for special CD spinning nights.post #29 of 1874112/19/10 at 7:02pm
Here is my computer listening station . . . . . . .
iMac > ALAC > RWA Transit > Opus DAC > Amphora > Fostex T40/AKG K601 or K242HD/Grado SR325 or SR60/AH D-2000/QP805HS/ER4S APS V3/RE0 or A2s
Edited by ccklone - 12/19/10 at 7:05pmpost #30 of 1874112/19/10 at 7:32pm
^ Oh wow, I freaking love the wood in your room. It reminds me of when I used to live in the mountains of Colorado.
Anyway, here's my room. No cleaning and crappy iPhone 3g pics.
If you look carefully, you can see the grubDAC I am working on for another user here, as well as several others scattered about.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge just now
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable 11 seconds ago
- › [The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Lepai LP-2020A for the ath-esw9's? 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)