Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 2post #16 of 1943912/19/10 at 4:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1943912/19/10 at 5:17pmpost #18 of 1943912/19/10 at 5:22pm
Very nice. What are you plugging all this in to?
post #19 of 1943912/19/10 at 5:29pmpost #20 of 1943912/19/10 at 6:12pmQuote:
It's O.K.. Mostly I don't use the crossfeed because it attenuates the high-mids to highs too much. You can hear it right away. I think the other, more expensive headroom products have a switch for the highs but I'm not sure. The airhead is an improvement over the Memorex (duh) and has two headphone outputs to boot. Good idea.post #21 of 1943912/19/10 at 6:18pm
Sorry for the bad photos (you can thank my iPhone). Here's my current setup.
I'm pleased as punch with all of it except the speakers. Hopefully I will get around to auditioning some towers early next year to replace the Polks I still have from college. The Denon is quite remarkable at driving my HD650s and SE535, but for some reason the TF10s sound pretty lousy out of it; that is why I got the Headroom micro—though maybe it will go sooner than later, as I don't really use the TF10s for home listening.
(Equipment list can be found in my profile)
Edited by vinnievidi - 12/21/10 at 12:46pmpost #22 of 1943912/19/10 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by bbopheadQuote:
It's O.K.. Mostly I don't use the crossfeed because it attenuates the high-mids to highs too much. You can hear it right away. I think the other, more expensive headroom products have a switch for the highs but I'm not sure. The airhead is an improvement over the Memorex (duh) and has two headphone outputs to boot. Good idea.
Cool. My parents apparently got me a Total BitHead for Christmas, and I'm pretty psyched. I have only really heard good things about it, except that the crossfeed had some minor issues. I guess I will have to see if I like it. Thanks for your thoughts on the Airhead!
post #23 of 1943912/19/10 at 6:23pmpost #24 of 1943912/19/10 at 6:27pmpost #25 of 1943912/19/10 at 6:32pm
I like your clean system. Looks like you're using an iPad to control your Mac Mini too. Love the SL-1200 turntable!
You got a serious headphones station. I love the solid state & tube systems. Do you still spin CDs?post #26 of 1943912/19/10 at 6:33pmpost #27 of 1943912/19/10 at 6:36pm
You know, once I started using the iPad/ MacMini setup, I don't know how I did without it. As for the SL-1200, my wife thinks it kills the aesthetic but said I can't replace it until it dies. Too bad for her that it will last longer than the two of us!
Quote:post #28 of 1943912/19/10 at 6:51pmQuote:
It's just so much more convenient for me. Rip it and forget it. I do have an old Sony 5-disc CDP connected to my Behringer DAC via optical for special CD spinning nights.post #29 of 1943912/19/10 at 7:02pm
Here is my computer listening station . . . . . . .
iMac > ALAC > RWA Transit > Opus DAC > Amphora > Fostex T40/AKG K601 or K242HD/Grado SR325 or SR60/AH D-2000/QP805HS/ER4S APS V3/RE0 or A2s
Edited by ccklone - 12/19/10 at 7:05pmpost #30 of 1943912/19/10 at 7:32pm
^ Oh wow, I freaking love the wood in your room. It reminds me of when I used to live in the mountains of Colorado.
Anyway, here's my room. No cleaning and crappy iPhone 3g pics.
If you look carefully, you can see the grubDAC I am working on for another user here, as well as several others scattered about.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Metrum Acoustics Octave 5 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 33 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 51 seconds ago
- › Sony SBH80: Wireless to the Next Level: Review 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio Carbo Tenore 3 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 5 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)