Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 2post #16 of 1786412/19/10 at 4:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1786412/19/10 at 5:17pmpost #18 of 1786412/19/10 at 5:22pm
Very nice. What are you plugging all this in to?
post #19 of 1786412/19/10 at 5:29pmpost #20 of 1786412/19/10 at 6:12pmQuote:
It's O.K.. Mostly I don't use the crossfeed because it attenuates the high-mids to highs too much. You can hear it right away. I think the other, more expensive headroom products have a switch for the highs but I'm not sure. The airhead is an improvement over the Memorex (duh) and has two headphone outputs to boot. Good idea.post #21 of 1786412/19/10 at 6:18pm
Sorry for the bad photos (you can thank my iPhone). Here's my current setup.
I'm pleased as punch with all of it except the speakers. Hopefully I will get around to auditioning some towers early next year to replace the Polks I still have from college. The Denon is quite remarkable at driving my HD650s and SE535, but for some reason the TF10s sound pretty lousy out of it; that is why I got the Headroom micro—though maybe it will go sooner than later, as I don't really use the TF10s for home listening.
(Equipment list can be found in my profile)
Edited by vinnievidi - 12/21/10 at 12:46pmpost #22 of 1786412/19/10 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by bbopheadQuote:
It's O.K.. Mostly I don't use the crossfeed because it attenuates the high-mids to highs too much. You can hear it right away. I think the other, more expensive headroom products have a switch for the highs but I'm not sure. The airhead is an improvement over the Memorex (duh) and has two headphone outputs to boot. Good idea.
Cool. My parents apparently got me a Total BitHead for Christmas, and I'm pretty psyched. I have only really heard good things about it, except that the crossfeed had some minor issues. I guess I will have to see if I like it. Thanks for your thoughts on the Airhead!
post #23 of 1786412/19/10 at 6:23pmpost #24 of 1786412/19/10 at 6:27pmpost #25 of 1786412/19/10 at 6:32pmThread Starter
I like your clean system. Looks like you're using an iPad to control your Mac Mini too. Love the SL-1200 turntable!
You got a serious headphones station. I love the solid state & tube systems. Do you still spin CDs?post #26 of 1786412/19/10 at 6:33pmThread Starterpost #27 of 1786412/19/10 at 6:36pm
You know, once I started using the iPad/ MacMini setup, I don't know how I did without it. As for the SL-1200, my wife thinks it kills the aesthetic but said I can't replace it until it dies. Too bad for her that it will last longer than the two of us!
Quote:post #28 of 1786412/19/10 at 6:51pmQuote:
It's just so much more convenient for me. Rip it and forget it. I do have an old Sony 5-disc CDP connected to my Behringer DAC via optical for special CD spinning nights.post #29 of 1786412/19/10 at 7:02pm
Here is my computer listening station . . . . . . .
iMac > ALAC > RWA Transit > Opus DAC > Amphora > Fostex T40/AKG K601 or K242HD/Grado SR325 or SR60/AH D-2000/QP805HS/ER4S APS V3/RE0 or A2s
Edited by ccklone - 12/19/10 at 7:05pmpost #30 of 1786412/19/10 at 7:32pm
^ Oh wow, I freaking love the wood in your room. It reminds me of when I used to live in the mountains of Colorado.
Anyway, here's my room. No cleaning and crappy iPhone 3g pics.
If you look carefully, you can see the grubDAC I am working on for another user here, as well as several others scattered about.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Tralucent ORIGINAL 1Plus2 (Version 1) with 5N OCC SPC Custom Cable 19 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 55 seconds ago
- › Advise for a newbie please 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob