Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Hello, I owned a J3 32GB player for 2 or three years, so I got to know all it's advantages and disadvantages. The good This thing has much more output power than most non-audiophile...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 2post #16 of 1993312/19/10 at 4:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1993312/19/10 at 5:17pmpost #18 of 1993312/19/10 at 5:22pm
Very nice. What are you plugging all this in to?
post #19 of 1993312/19/10 at 5:29pmpost #20 of 1993312/19/10 at 6:12pmQuote:
It's O.K.. Mostly I don't use the crossfeed because it attenuates the high-mids to highs too much. You can hear it right away. I think the other, more expensive headroom products have a switch for the highs but I'm not sure. The airhead is an improvement over the Memorex (duh) and has two headphone outputs to boot. Good idea.post #21 of 1993312/19/10 at 6:18pm
Sorry for the bad photos (you can thank my iPhone). Here's my current setup.
I'm pleased as punch with all of it except the speakers. Hopefully I will get around to auditioning some towers early next year to replace the Polks I still have from college. The Denon is quite remarkable at driving my HD650s and SE535, but for some reason the TF10s sound pretty lousy out of it; that is why I got the Headroom micro—though maybe it will go sooner than later, as I don't really use the TF10s for home listening.
(Equipment list can be found in my profile)
Edited by vinnievidi - 12/21/10 at 12:46pmpost #22 of 1993312/19/10 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by bbopheadQuote:
It's O.K.. Mostly I don't use the crossfeed because it attenuates the high-mids to highs too much. You can hear it right away. I think the other, more expensive headroom products have a switch for the highs but I'm not sure. The airhead is an improvement over the Memorex (duh) and has two headphone outputs to boot. Good idea.
Cool. My parents apparently got me a Total BitHead for Christmas, and I'm pretty psyched. I have only really heard good things about it, except that the crossfeed had some minor issues. I guess I will have to see if I like it. Thanks for your thoughts on the Airhead!
post #23 of 1993312/19/10 at 6:23pmpost #24 of 1993312/19/10 at 6:27pmpost #25 of 1993312/19/10 at 6:32pm
I like your clean system. Looks like you're using an iPad to control your Mac Mini too. Love the SL-1200 turntable!
You got a serious headphones station. I love the solid state & tube systems. Do you still spin CDs?post #26 of 1993312/19/10 at 6:33pmpost #27 of 1993312/19/10 at 6:36pm
You know, once I started using the iPad/ MacMini setup, I don't know how I did without it. As for the SL-1200, my wife thinks it kills the aesthetic but said I can't replace it until it dies. Too bad for her that it will last longer than the two of us!
Quote:post #28 of 1993312/19/10 at 6:51pmQuote:
It's just so much more convenient for me. Rip it and forget it. I do have an old Sony 5-disc CDP connected to my Behringer DAC via optical for special CD spinning nights.post #29 of 1993312/19/10 at 7:02pm
Here is my computer listening station . . . . . . .
iMac > ALAC > RWA Transit > Opus DAC > Amphora > Fostex T40/AKG K601 or K242HD/Grado SR325 or SR60/AH D-2000/QP805HS/ER4S APS V3/RE0 or A2s
Edited by ccklone - 12/19/10 at 7:05pmpost #30 of 1993312/19/10 at 7:32pm
^ Oh wow, I freaking love the wood in your room. It reminds me of when I used to live in the mountains of Colorado.
Anyway, here's my room. No cleaning and crappy iPhone 3g pics.
If you look carefully, you can see the grubDAC I am working on for another user here, as well as several others scattered about.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 6 seconds ago
- › want to know if the oppo pm-3 are good for me 42 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 4 minutes ago
- › getiing a new low end-mid range headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 9 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 11 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by JoeDoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2