^^ Sha...BAM!! Holy smokes, can you loan one out?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 999post #14971 of 178359/6/13 at 2:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14972 of 178359/6/13 at 2:16pm
Thanks, guys. Twas a long wait so I'm not eager to loanpost #14973 of 178359/6/13 at 2:18pmpost #14974 of 178359/6/13 at 2:29pmpost #14975 of 178359/6/13 at 2:31pmpost #14976 of 178359/6/13 at 2:48pm
Thank you, thank you. It really pushed the limits of my patience waiting for this stuff.post #14977 of 178359/6/13 at 3:40pmpost #14978 of 178359/6/13 at 3:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by jasonb
cheap old hp laptop --> ODAC --> Vintage (1976 or 1977) Pioneer SX-750 --> AKG Q701..... I just recently upgraded from the E17 to the ODAC. Huge improvement.
For $400, excluding the laptop it is an absolute kill setup. It's honestly the best sounding thing I've heard.
Q701: $240 - brand new
ODAC: $120 - new, but open box
SX-750: $40 - obviously used, but in great condition. A little bit of DeoxIT and it was good to go. Not exactly sure of it's history, but it's very clean and sounds perfect.
I had that amp once upon a time! That thing is awesome. Now I feel like jumping on the bay to find onepost #14979 of 178359/6/13 at 4:03pmpost #14980 of 178359/6/13 at 4:47pmpost #14981 of 178359/6/13 at 5:12pmpost #14982 of 178359/7/13 at 12:07ampost #14983 of 178359/7/13 at 12:25amQuote:
That's a great little set up you've got there. The Magni is a good match for the HE500 also.post #14984 of 178359/7/13 at 12:34ampost #14985 of 178359/7/13 at 12:47amQuote:
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Over ears help, 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7550 4 minutes ago
- › Stax 009,boxed MINT Condition..USA Only 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob