Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 996

post #14926 of 17835
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

Are those Alpha Pads on your Ultrasone, or what?

Yes they are! Got the idea from someone who had done it with J$ pads. Was fun, a challenge and sound great with great comfort.

And if I gave the impression my wife and I are at odds over audio in general, we are not. All she asked is keep it off the top of the table, a reasonable request. I have three other systems in the house and no complaints.

She does think :pI listen to my headphones to not listen to her..........and she's right at times. After 25 years of marriage, I don't want to hear her at times, and she doesn't want to hear me at times. That's how life is folks. We have a great marriage and part of the secret to our success is time to yourself.
post #14927 of 17835
Talking about 25 years together, September 10th is my parents 25th anniversary!
post #14928 of 17835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

I'm surprised that so many of you have antagonistic relationships with your significant other in terms of this hobby.

If I had a significant other who gave me half as much grief as I've read in posts here, I'd tell them to go bang rocks together or get out of my house.
my ex-girlfriend broke my old LOD cable for my FiiO amp. She did enjoy listening to my Sennheisers though.
post #14929 of 17835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post
 

I'm surprised that so many of you have antagonistic relationships with your significant other in terms of this hobby.

 

If I had a significant other who gave me half as much grief as I've read in posts here, I'd tell them to go bang rocks together or get out of my house.

 

While I would tend to agree with you on this(which I think may be a first on that front), I think most on this site would wish us luck finding a significant other

post #14930 of 17835
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 

Are those Alpha Pads on your Ultrasone, or what?

I think it's Tus-Chan who's wearing the Alpha-Pads! 

post #14931 of 17835
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post


my ex-girlfriend broke my old LOD cable for my FiiO amp. She did enjoy listening to my Sennheisers though.

That's why she's ex, isn't she?

post #14932 of 17835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

my ex-girlfriend broke my old LOD cable for my FiiO amp. She did enjoy listening to my Sennheisers though.
That's why she's ex, isn't she?
No....
post #14933 of 17835

My SO is fairly receptive to the hobby; she's bought an M50 and an RE-400 for herself based on my advice. She'll never be as dedicated to it as I am, but at least she understands.

post #14934 of 17835
Just get her an Orpheus or SR 009 and she should be set.
post #14935 of 17835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Yes they are! Got the idea from someone who had done it with J$ pads. Was fun, a challenge and sound great with great comfort.

And if I gave the impression my wife and I are at odds over audio in general, we are not. All she asked is keep it off the top of the table, a reasonable request. I have three other systems in the house and no complaints.

She does think :pI listen to my headphones to not listen to her..........and she's right at times. After 25 years of marriage, I don't want to hear her at times, and she doesn't want to hear me at times. That's how life is folks. We have a great marriage and part of the secret to our success is time to yourself.

 

Sounds very similar to how it works in my house as well. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Talking about 25 years together, September 10th is my parents 25th anniversary!

 

Congrats to them!! I would love to see more couples committed to working out problems and staying together and cut down on the divorce rate, especially when there are children involved. 

post #14936 of 17835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

I'm surprised that so many of you have antagonistic relationships with your significant other in terms of this hobby.

If I had a significant other who gave me half as much grief as I've read in posts here, I'd tell them to go bang rocks together or get out of my house.
Its not that bad..we just have to be carefull not to tell her/him everything..thats all...and u know what they say..keep ur enemy's close..hehehehe
Until now i have to find a woman that agrees in spending more then 1000usd (if she is not rich ofcourse!) for a component..but on the contrary most of them find it normal to buy a 400usd worth of bag or 250usd worth os shoes (on sale ofcourse..lolz).... I once had a extreme car fetish before i became a dad..and i spent at least 2000usd monthly on my cars back then... And until now..only girls who were actively driving on tracks would consider that acceptable...as they understood why u do it..most dont..one even asked why i spent so much money on a japanese car instead of buying a fast audi or beemer for same price..one even said she preferred the prius!!....the thought alone...the horror..having something all those salesreps use for their day to day business...Hehehehe

One even broke up with me when she found out i actually had bought a plus 1000euro titanium exhaust on my car...couldnt hide that..as the noise got a bit..well..agressive all of a sudden..lolz.

We just have to accept women think differently (dubstepgirl?i know ur different!) then us simple minded men...

so we lie..but i think its better to lie about cars,pc's or audio then about having an affair/secret offspring etc. and spending money on that..lolz biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/4/13 at 9:56am
post #14937 of 17835
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Its not that bad..we just have to be carefull not to tell her/him everything..thats all...and u know what they say..keep ur enemy's close..hehehehe
Until now i have to find a woman that agrees in spending more then 1000usd (if she is not rich ofcourse!) for a component..but on the contrary most of them find it normal to buy a 400usd worth of bag or 250usd worth os shoes (on sale ofcourse..lolz).... I once had a extreme car fetish before i became a dad..and i spent at least 2000usd monthly on my cars back then... And until now..only girls who were actively driving on tracks would consider that acceptable...as they understood why u do it..most dont..one even asked why i spent so much money on a japanese car instead of buying a fast audi or beemer for same price..one even said she preferred the prius!!....the thought alone...the horror..having something all those salesreps use for their day to day business...Hehehehe

One even broke up with me when she found out i actually had bought a plus 1000euro titanium exhaust on my car...couldnt hide that..as the noise got a bit..well..agressive all of a sudden..lolz.

We just have to accept women think differently (dubstepgirl?i know ur different!) then us simple minded men...

so we lie..but i think its better to lie about cars,pc's or audio then about having an affair/secret offspring etc. and spending money on that..lolz biggrin.gif

Thats a good point, and at least they know where we are when we are playing with our amplifier knobs...  

post #14938 of 17835

This is still totally on topic, right?

 

On a note of spouses, I thought I would add this to it all.  I ordered a Bottlehead Crack on the weekend.  I was unsure if it was the right amp for me, but it has lots of great reviews so I thought, what the heck.  Go for it.  After a little buyers remorse I decided to bounce my situation off my wife.  She looked at me square in the eye and said, "Why are you fussing with the less expensive amp when you know you'll end up getting the more expensive one down the road.  Just get the good one."

 

I'm placing my order for my Sonett 2 later this week.

 

We support each other's crazy hobbies (she has weird ones too) because it makes the other person happy.  That's been our attitude and it has worked well for us.  We celebrated our tenth anniversary last month (I know, it ain't no 25, but give us time:wink_face:).

post #14939 of 17835
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatpaulie View Post

This is still totally on topic, right?

On a note of spouses, I thought I would add this to it all.  I ordered a Bottlehead Crack on the weekend.  I was unsure if it was the right amp for me, but it has lots of great reviews so I thought, what the heck.  Go for it.  After a little buyers remorse I decided to bounce my situation off my wife.  She looked at me square in the eye and said, "Why are you fussing with the less expensive amp when you know you'll end up getting the more expensive one down the road.  Just get the good one."

I'm placing my order for my Sonett 2 later this week.

We support each other's crazy hobbies (she has weird ones too) because it makes the other person happy.  That's been our attitude and it has worked well for us.  We celebrated our tenth anniversary last month (I know, it ain't no 25, but give us time:wink_face: ).
As long her hobby doesnt concern weapons or any other dangerous stuff..cherish her.. biggrin.gif

and celebrations for u..up to the next 10!tongue.gif

And yep..i get a feeling we are a bit offtopic now.so back on it guys and girls..we Had our fun about the wifes/girlfriends etc...lolz
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/4/13 at 4:46pm
post #14940 of 17835

Currawong is gonna crack the schiits at all the off-topic posts.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...