- 4,446 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: San Francisco
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 994post #14896 of 183988/29/13 at 8:37amIt sure is:)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14897 of 183988/29/13 at 3:25pmQuote:
Congrats Wolfie!post #14898 of 183988/29/13 at 5:28pm
It's not a huge change from my last version, but I got a 1TB desktop external for the office, Previously, I was carrying a mini external 1TB to and from work every day, keeping it synced to my home machine with GoodSync. Now I have a copy of my entire collection at work, and I'm using GoodSync2Go on the drives themselves. This way, I don't have to carry anything to work at all, unless I want to bring the mini drive to act as a sync-ferry between home and work drives. It also means I now have an offsite backup, finally, for my most precious material possession of all, the data on those drives. One copy at home, one copy at the office, one portable copy. I've also got it set up so that the ferry drive mounts as Z: on both computers, and the main drive for each mounts as E: - this way, the iTunes library in its entirety can always point at E: and work the same on both computers, since they're identical to the drive letter. Anything I change on one end is reflected on the other, once synced, with zero hiccups.
Triple backups + offsite backup + effortless sync... for the first time in my life I actually feel completely safe about the music collection.
Also, this is just a plain better shot of my setup over-all.
iTunes -> Bifrost Uber USB -> Pyst -> Valhalla -> T70
Edited by IorekByrnison - 8/29/13 at 5:32pmpost #14899 of 183988/29/13 at 5:41pmThank, bowbbs!post #14900 of 183988/29/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
All of my music is from CD's, which I rip with iTunes using Apple Lossless Compression and the error correction option. From there it's copied to my iPod.
Terrypost #14901 of 183988/30/13 at 7:21ampost #14902 of 183988/30/13 at 7:32ampost #14903 of 183988/30/13 at 7:43ampost #14904 of 183988/30/13 at 8:05ampost #14905 of 183988/30/13 at 8:12ampost #14906 of 183988/30/13 at 8:56ampost #14907 of 183988/30/13 at 2:27pmpost #14908 of 183988/30/13 at 4:39pm
Thank you very much everyone :)
Actually the second set (the HP1) came as a big surprise for me, because it belonged to a guy here in Brazil. And I guess most headphone oriented audiophiles participate in the local forum, so I though there were only three HP1000s in Brazil and was really surprised to find out about a fourth one. But it turns out that this really nice man had one and contacted me through my website because wanted to sell it, so I got a fantastic price for it. As much as I would love to keep both there's no reason for it atm, as I could invest the money elsewhere (W3000ANV, cough cough), but I'll probably end up selling the HP2, but locally!Quote:
Thank you :)
I actually called this a definitive set up not a long time ago, but one does not simply stop trying new headphones... so I ended up replacing a few things
Edited by Leonardo Drummond - 8/30/13 at 4:40pmpost #14909 of 183988/31/13 at 8:59pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 10 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 18 seconds ago
- › What IEM does $550 get me? 1 minute ago
- › Open sourcing the X5 firmware 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-06-30) 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for Trance -2014 edition 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)