- 4,449 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: San Francisco
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review under construction.
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 994post #14896 of 210618/29/13 at 5:41pmThank, bowbbs!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14897 of 210618/29/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
All of my music is from CD's, which I rip with iTunes using Apple Lossless Compression and the error correction option. From there it's copied to my iPod.
Terrypost #14898 of 210618/30/13 at 7:21ampost #14899 of 210618/30/13 at 7:32ampost #14900 of 210618/30/13 at 7:43ampost #14901 of 210618/30/13 at 8:05ampost #14902 of 210618/30/13 at 8:12ampost #14903 of 210618/30/13 at 8:56ampost #14904 of 210618/30/13 at 2:27pmpost #14905 of 210618/30/13 at 4:39pm
Thank you very much everyone :)
Actually the second set (the HP1) came as a big surprise for me, because it belonged to a guy here in Brazil. And I guess most headphone oriented audiophiles participate in the local forum, so I though there were only three HP1000s in Brazil and was really surprised to find out about a fourth one. But it turns out that this really nice man had one and contacted me through my website because wanted to sell it, so I got a fantastic price for it. As much as I would love to keep both there's no reason for it atm, as I could invest the money elsewhere (W3000ANV, cough cough), but I'll probably end up selling the HP2, but locally!Quote:
Thank you :)
I actually called this a definitive set up not a long time ago, but one does not simply stop trying new headphones... so I ended up replacing a few things
Edited by Leonardo Drummond - 8/30/13 at 4:40pmpost #14906 of 210618/31/13 at 8:59pmpost #14907 of 210618/31/13 at 9:43pmpost #14908 of 210618/31/13 at 11:00pmpost #14909 of 210619/1/13 at 6:51am
taken 15 minutes ago:13" MBP Running AmarraAlo Audio Panam - Running through the supplied Wallwart as I will be traveling - I find the Gateway will make everything too bulkyLCD2 Rev 2 - BambooHE-500I used to like the HE500 quite a bit more with my other amp, now the LCD2 is taking the spotlight with a wider soundstage and more clarity and impact due to the Whiplash TWAG V3 and works amazingly well with the Panam.
Edited by Annafrancesca - 9/1/13 at 6:54ampost #14910 of 210619/1/13 at 8:25am
cheap old hp laptop --> ODAC --> Vintage (1976 or 1977) Pioneer SX-750 --> AKG Q701..... I just recently upgraded from the E17 to the ODAC. Huge improvement.
For $400, excluding the laptop it is an absolute kill setup. It's honestly the best sounding thing I've heard.
Q701: $240 - brand new
ODAC: $120 - new, but open box
SX-750: $40 - obviously used, but in great condition. A little bit of DeoxIT and it was good to go. Not exactly sure of it's history, but it's very clean and sounds perfect.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 13 seconds ago
- › Crisp, punchy, closed back headphones? (<$300) 1 minute ago
- › How to hi-end-ify your SRH940 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 3 minutes ago
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... 4 minutes ago
- › MacBook Pro better than fiio x5ii ? 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 10 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse