- 4,449 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: San Francisco
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 994post #14896 of 217208/29/13 at 5:41pmThank, bowbbs!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14897 of 217208/29/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
All of my music is from CD's, which I rip with iTunes using Apple Lossless Compression and the error correction option. From there it's copied to my iPod.
Terrypost #14898 of 217208/30/13 at 7:21ampost #14899 of 217208/30/13 at 7:32ampost #14900 of 217208/30/13 at 7:43ampost #14901 of 217208/30/13 at 8:05ampost #14902 of 217208/30/13 at 8:12ampost #14903 of 217208/30/13 at 8:56ampost #14904 of 217208/30/13 at 2:27pmpost #14905 of 217208/30/13 at 4:39pm
Thank you very much everyone :)
Actually the second set (the HP1) came as a big surprise for me, because it belonged to a guy here in Brazil. And I guess most headphone oriented audiophiles participate in the local forum, so I though there were only three HP1000s in Brazil and was really surprised to find out about a fourth one. But it turns out that this really nice man had one and contacted me through my website because wanted to sell it, so I got a fantastic price for it. As much as I would love to keep both there's no reason for it atm, as I could invest the money elsewhere (W3000ANV, cough cough), but I'll probably end up selling the HP2, but locally!Quote:
Thank you :)
I actually called this a definitive set up not a long time ago, but one does not simply stop trying new headphones... so I ended up replacing a few things
Edited by Leonardo Drummond - 8/30/13 at 4:40pmpost #14906 of 217208/31/13 at 8:59pmpost #14907 of 217208/31/13 at 9:43pmpost #14908 of 217208/31/13 at 11:00pmpost #14909 of 217209/1/13 at 6:51am
taken 15 minutes ago:13" MBP Running AmarraAlo Audio Panam - Running through the supplied Wallwart as I will be traveling - I find the Gateway will make everything too bulkyLCD2 Rev 2 - BambooHE-500I used to like the HE500 quite a bit more with my other amp, now the LCD2 is taking the spotlight with a wider soundstage and more clarity and impact due to the Whiplash TWAG V3 and works amazingly well with the Panam.
Edited by Annafrancesca - 9/1/13 at 6:54ampost #14910 of 217209/1/13 at 8:25am
cheap old hp laptop --> ODAC --> Vintage (1976 or 1977) Pioneer SX-750 --> AKG Q701..... I just recently upgraded from the E17 to the ODAC. Huge improvement.
For $400, excluding the laptop it is an absolute kill setup. It's honestly the best sounding thing I've heard.
Q701: $240 - brand new
ODAC: $120 - new, but open box
SX-750: $40 - obviously used, but in great condition. A little bit of DeoxIT and it was good to go. Not exactly sure of it's history, but it's very clean and sounds perfect.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 30 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 2 minutes ago
- › Elise from Feliks Audio in perfect condition 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-100R vs. Fiio X5 3rd vs. Astell & Kern AK70 - roundup 3 minutes ago
- › OFC vs. OCC wire 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear