Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 991post #14851 of 187468/26/13 at 1:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14852 of 187468/26/13 at 1:10pmQuote:
I'm trying to sell the AD2KX, not the regular 2K which I'm keeping.post #14853 of 187468/26/13 at 2:21pmpost #14854 of 187468/26/13 at 3:22pmQuote:
Hmmm... Maybe a pair of Super Zen's?.....No, No....Must not tempt myself!post #14855 of 187468/26/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by OPR8R
It seems I keep following you. Because I've got some upcoming changes to my rig, I've been looking into racks lately, and the Archetype is winning so far. I've been thinking 1x 5 tier and 1x 3 tier. They even make bookends that'll make it perfect for holding LP's.
Next I'll be trading my LCD's for HD800's (not likely)
edit: I just noticed you got a Mac Mini
Upgrade...The 2007 has bit the dust. Nice to have Thunderbolt and USB 3.0. I like the native 1TB drive too.post #14856 of 187468/27/13 at 7:05am
My old LCD-2 Q-Audio cable converted for use with the HD650. "Earring" adapters courtesy of Steve Eddy. Miss the HD800 and even the LCD-2 at times. Hitting play usually remedies that though.post #14857 of 187468/27/13 at 7:11ampost #14858 of 187468/27/13 at 7:25am
Probably nostalgia. Owned and loved the HD650 before moving up the chain. Bought it again and purged everything to see if I could get by. I enjoy it for the most part, though it is a significant drop from the HD800. I'm definitely conscious of the HD650's limitations.post #14859 of 187468/27/13 at 5:17pmpost #14860 of 187468/27/13 at 10:52pmQuote:post #14861 of 187468/28/13 at 8:35ampost #14862 of 187468/28/13 at 8:47amQuote:
I find that CDs are the most convenient. You can get a high-end CD transport, or rip them to your computer in lossless. Uncompressed 16/44.1 sounds pretty darn good to me, although, my $600 rig isn't anywhere near summit-fi I also get songs from Beatport for lossless dance tracks, and from HD Tracks when I can, 24-bit sounds fantastic. If I need to, I go through iTunes, but it's usually only if I absolutely have to have a certain song and a CD can't be easily obtained. I've recently started collecting some vinyl too, but I don't have a turntable yet, so I'll hold off on that being my primary listening method until I actually own a vinyl rig But even still, I don't think I'll completely switch to vinyl, given that not everything these days is released on vinyl. I'm pretty satisfied with my CDs and HD downloads.post #14863 of 187468/28/13 at 9:07amQuote:
Yeah I just started buying CDs again. Check out some used record stores, they usually have a decent selection and often used CDs are cheaper than iTunes (and better quality). I have a couple albums from HDTracks, one of them sounds noticeably better than 16/44.1 (Fleetwood Mac - Rumours), the other doesn't sound much better (Norah Jones - Come Away With Me), so it may be hit or miss.post #14864 of 187468/28/13 at 9:56ampost #14865 of 187468/28/13 at 10:44amQuote:
Yes you can do that. Most BD/DVDs have a 2.0 track embedded in them.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 36 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 versus iBasso DX50 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Lossless vs 128kbps mp3 vs 320kbps mp3 blind test 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)