Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 986

post #14776 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post


It absolutely depends on the headphones. It didn't drive my 300ohm 580's poorly, but not great either. It has plenty of power for my X1's, but they sure sound a lot better out of the Starlight smily_headphones1.gif

Sweet! That's a sick looking Amp, though! I have the Sound Blaster Z and I'm looking into getting the AKG Q701 soon. It looks like you game with your system. BF3 by any chance?

post #14777 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by theOmni View Post

Sweet! That's a sick looking Amp, though! I have the Sound Blaster Z and I'm looking into getting the AKG Q701 soon. It looks like you game with your system. BF3 by any chance?
Yep, it's the only game I play regularly
post #14778 of 18744

My setup for the next 6 weeks. I'm stuck in a hotel in Texas for 6 weeks for training. I basically moved in biggrin.gif

 

post #14779 of 18744
Wow, you dont travel light, do you?!?!

6 weeks is a long time to live in a hotel. I feel your pain...
post #14780 of 18744

Good grief, you didn't bring all of that stuff on the bus or an airplane, did you? eek.gif

post #14781 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

Wow, you dont travel light, do you?!?!

6 weeks is a long time to live in a hotel. I feel your pain...


heh, I wouldn't under normal circumstances bring this much stuff with me, but yeah the fact that I was going to be here for 6 weeks led me to basically bring everything so that I don't get bored. I also had to drive instead of fly the 1300 miles since I couldn't bring all my stuff on an airplane cool.gif

post #14782 of 18744
I've done a drive that long... cali or ny? biggrin.gif
post #14783 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

My setup for the next 6 weeks. I'm stuck in a hotel in Texas for 6 weeks for training. I basically moved in biggrin.gif

 


OMG..did u left anything at home? what u used for transportation? a freight train? u took the microwave also from home?biggrin.gif


Edited by hifimanrookie - 8/20/13 at 6:34pm
post #14784 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


OMG..did u left anything at home? what u used for transportation? a freight train? u took the microwave also from home?biggrin.gif

 

lol the microwave, tv and fridge were all in the room before i arrived, though as i said, i had to do some re arranging tongue.gif

 

It all fit in the trunk of my car thank goodness, along with all the clothes i was bringing as well

post #14785 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post


heh, I wouldn't under normal circumstances bring this much stuff with me, but yeah the fact that I was going to be here for 6 weeks led me to basically bring everything so that I don't get bored. I also had to drive instead of fly the 1300 miles since I couldn't bring all my stuff on an airplane cool.gif

Now that's dedication! jecklinsmile.gif

post #14786 of 18744

Honestly, I wish I had been as smart as you and brought more stuff with me to New Orleans. I took nothing but my laptop, my iPod, some clothes, and a CAL! with me and I'm extremely bored.

post #14787 of 18744

Nothing to fancy for me, definitely very envious of what some people here have! One day...
 

post #14788 of 18744
Why not go out and experience New Orleans?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

Honestly, I wish I had been as smart as you and brought more stuff with me to New Orleans. I took nothing but my laptop, my iPod, some clothes, and a CAL! with me and I'm extremely bored.
post #14789 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Now that's dedication! jecklinsmile.gif


I guess most of us would do the same..sort of... I mean if we wanted to...but most of us are just to afraid in breaking something along the way or something... or being stolen in the Hotel.

 

last year i had to travel also for a week for work,,,and i also prefered my car above the ICE INTERNATIONAL (a super speed train) to germany..as i wanted to take my (now sold) 337 (18kg) and my he500 with me to relax me.....but during trip i was scarred ****less when i drove over bumps at a speed of on and about 250km/h (germany still has unlimited speedlimits on certain roads.. beerchug.gif)... as u know tube amps are sensitive...and i even put it on my soft leather backseat in the seatbelt in its own cushioned case! But i had to get there in time..so needed to be speedy gonzalez in my baby..(my two other female collegues were going by train)...but luckily everything went fine...and i arrived earlier then them..lolz

in the end i didnt even listen to it for a second....as every night we went out after the study sessions, first dinner and then fun!, with my two collegues...Berlin is beautiful at night by the way!


Edited by hifimanrookie - 8/20/13 at 7:07pm
post #14790 of 18744
Why not go out and experience New Orleans?

 

My ability to do so is limited. I'm staying at someone's house, but I have no convenient way to get around since not only is there no car, but I also have no driver's license. The only way I can go anywhere is to take the bus.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...