Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on Yesterday at 3:42 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 971
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14552 of 161058/8/13 at 3:00ampost #14553 of 161058/8/13 at 4:12am
I like this a lot. I keep wanting to hear the hd800, but all the reviews suggest it is not for me. I'm very treble sensitive.post #14554 of 161058/8/13 at 4:57ampost #14555 of 161058/8/13 at 6:37amQuote:Quote:
I don't like bright headphones either, but I'm really enjoying the HD800 with the Lyr and a Moon Audio Black Dragon cable. Hopefully be adding a WA2 soon.post #14556 of 161058/8/13 at 8:13am
That's exactly why I put off the hd800 for so long and went the ortho route without much success( hate bright cans). Finally I caved and went for the HD800, if for nothing else than to do my due diligence before starting to think about Stax land. Admittedly straight from my dx100 they were a little bright for my taste, but they're really a different beast with the crack. To me it sounds sorta like an HD600 on steroids now, but not as warm and bigger soundstage.post #14557 of 161058/8/13 at 8:16amQuote:Originally Posted by ChavaC
That's exactly why I put off the hd800 for so long and went the ortho route without much success( hate bright cans). Finally I caved and went for the HD800, if for nothing else than to do my due diligence before starting to think about Stax land. Admittedly straight from my dx100 they were a little bright for my taste, but they're really a different beast with the crack. To me it sounds sorta like an HD600 on steroids now, but not as warm and bigger soundstage.
that sounds nice - the HD800 is next for me. I think I will like it. I don't find the T1 bright at all so I think the HD800 wont be problematic in that regard.
Using WA2post #14558 of 161058/8/13 at 9:06ampost #14559 of 161058/8/13 at 9:33ampost #14560 of 161058/8/13 at 9:38ampost #14561 of 161058/8/13 at 5:35pmQuote:
We've done it, everybody! We've found a flaw in the perfect setup!post #14562 of 161058/8/13 at 5:44pmpost #14563 of 161058/8/13 at 6:01pmQuote:post #14564 of 161058/8/13 at 6:08pmpost #14565 of 161058/8/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
The font does not bother me at all. I would walk a mile bare foot across broken glass to listen to that system.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 29 seconds ago
- › Looking for [Gaming] <$160ish Headset/Headphone + Mic Combo 41 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 58 seconds ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 1 minute ago
- › ODAC with HD600s and Bottlehead Crack sounds too digital, what... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Nov 4th 2013 and feature poll... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Review and Mods 3 minutes ago
- › How to get uncompressed music onto an IPhone, IPod, or PC? 4 minutes ago
- › DAP/AMP with GR07 MKII sub 200$ range 5 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe