So you've got em! Goergous and even nicer with the black pads, how they sounding??
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 967post #14491 of 188168/6/13 at 1:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14492 of 188168/6/13 at 2:18amQuote:
I'd say they both belong to the same category, just throwing a bunch of things into a circuit making it seem nice.post #14493 of 188168/6/13 at 2:30ampost #14494 of 188168/6/13 at 5:47amQuote:
I've never heard a Woo that stands anywhere near a Cavalli amp (dynamics, haven't heard a Woo stat amp) sound wise. Build is another story, but Alex has fixed the shortcomings of his previous models builds.
Edit: Don't get me wrong I like Woo amps, but CA stuff is just in another league sound wise (price wise, too, ouch).
Edited by MorbidToaster - 8/6/13 at 5:49ampost #14495 of 188168/6/13 at 7:06amQuote:
They sound amazing, but its a very uninvolving sound. I hope it changes.post #14496 of 188168/6/13 at 7:13ampost #14497 of 188168/6/13 at 7:30ampost #14498 of 188168/6/13 at 7:40ampost #14499 of 188168/6/13 at 10:15ampost #14500 of 188168/6/13 at 10:17ampost #14501 of 188168/6/13 at 10:29amQuote:
That may be just you getting accustomed to the beyer sound. Especially the DT880 as it is probably the most balanced. It's a brilliant headphone for detail and neutrality but if you are used to the 650's that I see in your sig, then they will defo sound drier and less involving. They do pair well with tube amps it has to be said. The Little Dot III is supposedly a good match.post #14502 of 188168/6/13 at 1:22pm
Finally, everything's in place... Complete HEED AUDIO stereo with obelisk SI + X2 + PX + DA + CANALOT head amp (and xtz 99.26mkii + xtz w10.17p speakers). I'm a very happy bunny right now :Dpost #14503 of 188168/6/13 at 1:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by thenorwegian
Finally, everything's in place... Complete HEED AUDIO stereo with obelisk SI + X2 + PX + DA + CANALOT head amp (and xtz 99.26mkii + xtz w10.17p speakers). I'm a very happy bunny right now :D
You should also post this is in the Summit-Fi Pic thread, I'm sure many will enjoy it there too.post #14504 of 188168/6/13 at 1:46pm
Thank you Greed. For every person who'd enjoy it there would probably be another person annoyed the picture is posted in two places so the summit-fi gang will just have to go slumming and visit the rest of us if they want a peek
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Questions about XB700s 4 minutes ago
- › HD 600 vs. DT 880 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)