Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 959post #14371 of 183987/31/13 at 5:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14372 of 183987/31/13 at 5:44pmpost #14373 of 183987/31/13 at 5:46pmpost #14374 of 183987/31/13 at 5:47pmpost #14375 of 183987/31/13 at 6:03pmQuote:
For whatever reason the EF-6 does not get a whole lot of head-fi love. I like it a lot and find it drives the HE-6 terrifically well. also does a very good job with my other ortho, the LCD-3 as well as my high impedance HD-800 and T1. I just wish it could be used balanced.post #14376 of 183987/31/13 at 6:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by philo50
For whatever reason the EF-6 does not get a whole lot of head-fi love. I like it a lot and find it drives the HE-6 terrifically well. also does a very good job with my other ortho, the LCD-3 as well as my high impedance HD-800 and T1. I just wish it could be used balanced.
Probably because it is pretty expensive and their is a lot of competition in that price range. Plus, I think their is a bias against headphone manufacturers making headphone amps. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.post #14377 of 183987/31/13 at 6:29pmQuote:Only reason I didnt go for the EF-6 (corrected) is exactly because of it not being a balanced amp. Ive never heard it but words from a few members here that its one of the best SE amp. Its got all the power, thats for sure.Originally Posted by philo50
Edited by DarKen23 - 7/31/13 at 6:31pmpost #14378 of 183987/31/13 at 6:35pmpost #14379 of 183987/31/13 at 6:40pmpost #14380 of 183987/31/13 at 7:06pmpost #14381 of 183987/31/13 at 7:13pmQuote:Nice Soloist, Ive been curious about the soloist, especially the SL model. If youve auditioned the original soloist, would you say the sound character and power differ much?
Edited by DarKen23 - 7/31/13 at 7:15pmpost #14382 of 183987/31/13 at 7:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by DarKen23Quote:Nice Soloist, Ive been curious about the soloist, especially the SL model. If youve auditioned the original soloist, would you say the sound character and power differ much?Originally Posted by wolfetan44
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Burson loaner program so I have the SL and LCD-3. Other than that, Paradox and HD650, and I forgot to picture the O2
Sorry, I haven't heard the Soloistpost #14383 of 183987/31/13 at 11:00pmpost #14384 of 183988/1/13 at 5:16am
I like the EF-6 with orthos and the T1. Not so much with all my other headphones. Well that only leaves the TH-900 and the HD800.
The EF-6 also pairs well with the PWD mkII.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FiiO E18 Review 39 seconds ago
- › Please help me with my survey (about storage) 39 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Design a custom IEM faceplate for the Head-Fi community 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: ... 4 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)