Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 959

post #14371 of 20046

how is EF-6 with HE-6 vs HD 800? 

 

i've heard all sorts of things about EF-6. i'm starting to look into an HE-6 purchase (for next year  biggrin.gif)

post #14372 of 20046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

how is EF-6 with HE-6 vs HD 800? 

 

i've heard all sorts of things about EF-6. i'm starting to look into an HE-6 purchase (for next year  biggrin.gif)

For whatever reason the EF-6 does not get a whole lot of head-fi love. I like it a lot and find it drives the HE-6 terrifically well. also does a very good job with my other ortho, the LCD-3 as well as my high impedance HD-800 and T1. I just wish it could be used balanced.

post #14373 of 20046
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo50 View Post

For whatever reason the EF-6 does not get a whole lot of head-fi love. I like it a lot and find it drives the HE-6 terrifically well. also does a very good job with my other ortho, the LCD-3 as well as my high impedance HD-800 and T1. I just wish it could be used balanced.

 

Probably because it is pretty expensive and their is a lot of competition in that price range. Plus, I think their is a bias against headphone manufacturers making headphone amps. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. 

post #14374 of 20046
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo50 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

how is EF-6 with HE-6 vs HD 800? 

i've heard all sorts of things about EF-6. i'm starting to look into an HE-6 purchase (for next year  biggrin.gif
)
For whatever reason the EF-6 does not get a whole lot of head-fi love. I like it a lot and find it drives the HE-6 terrifically well. also does a very good job with my other ortho, the LCD-3 as well as my high impedance HD-800 and T1. I just wish it could be used balanced.
Only reason I didnt go for the EF-6 (corrected) is exactly because of it not being a balanced amp. Ive never heard it but words from a few members here that its one of the best SE amp. Its got all the power, thats for sure.
Edited by DarKen23 - 7/31/13 at 6:31pm
post #14375 of 20046
Correct me if Im wrong but there is a balanced headphone input but no balance input on the rear of the amp, right?
post #14376 of 20046

there is a 4 pin headphone output but it was done as some sort of compromise for some other headphones....it operates as single entry....single entry front to back....

post #14377 of 20046

 

 

 

Burson loaner program so I have the SL and LCD-3. Other than that, Paradox and HD650, and I forgot to picture the O2confused_face.gif

post #14378 of 20046
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post










Burson loaner program so I have the SL and LCD-3. Other than that, Paradox and HD650, and I forgot to picture the O2confused_face.gif
Nice Soloist, Ive been curious about the soloist, especially the SL model. If youve auditioned the original soloist, would you say the sound character and power differ much?
Edited by DarKen23 - 7/31/13 at 7:15pm
post #14379 of 20046
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







 



Burson loaner program so I have the SL and LCD-3. Other than that, Paradox and HD650, and I forgot to picture the O2confused_face.gif
Nice Soloist, Ive been curious about the soloist, especially the SL model. If youve auditioned the original soloist, would you say the sound character and power differ much?

Sorry, I haven't heard the Soloistfrown.gif

post #14380 of 20046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

how is EF-6 with HE-6 vs HD 800? 

i've heard all sorts of things about EF-6. i'm starting to look into an HE-6 purchase (for next year  biggrin.gif
)
Which headphone were you most interested in pairing it with? As philo50 stated its terrific with the HE6, I think 6moons also said great things in regards to the uber powerful ef6.
post #14381 of 20046

I like the EF-6 with orthos and the T1.  Not so much with all my other headphones.  Well that only leaves the TH-900 and the HD800.

 

The EF-6 also pairs well with the PWD mkII.

post #14382 of 20046

post #14383 of 20046
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjohny View Post


Heir 8s? I like your cIEM cabling, which maker is of it?
post #14384 of 20046

 

Shure 940 - Magnum V5/X - AD900x - Fiio e17 - Brainwavz B2- Alessandro MS2 - Little Dot I+

 

and Klipsch RB 81 II


Edited by marts30 - 8/1/13 at 4:40pm
post #14385 of 20046
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post


Which headphone were you most interested in pairing it with? As philo50 stated its terrific with the HE6, I think 6moons also said great things in regards to the uber powerful ef6.

 

HE-6 + HE-500. i won't buy the HE-6 till next year though. but looking at what the popular amp options are. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...