Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 956

post #14326 of 19042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Mobile head-fi Station, hotel side...

LL


iPod Photo on the front, Sansui G-22000 in the rear pushing the HD650 around like a eek.gif
...

My Line-Out to RCA connector is packed away; Headphone Out to AUX IN not as clean.

I bet that sounds amazing smily_headphones1.gif
post #14327 of 19042

It's not at it's best, but I got plans for that once I move into a new place. Once there, I'm bringin' out all the very_evil_smiley.gifgears. The one thing I'm missing tonight a lot is my D7000! 


Edited by Silent One - 7/28/13 at 1:26am
post #14328 of 19042
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Nah, I'd got with the PS500s. As much as I enjoyed the RS1/RS1i, I prefer the PS500s!

 

I really liked the PS500 too and found it less fatiguing and with less pronounced mids than the RS1i. But I'd still go for the old bird! gs1000.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

whats the difference? 

 

i've heard the PS500s are more neutral and have more bass, which i don't know if thats a good thing or not, i liked the RS1i's forwardness. i was gonna go for PS1000, but i think my T1 would be better, and the PS1000 are very heavy

 

I recently had the chance to compare my HP1000 to an RS1i and a PS500. The difference between the latter and the RS1i can be summarized as less mids, and a bit more treble and bass. I actually think it's less natural than the RS1i, but then it's a lot less fatiguing. I actually reviewed them in my website. It's in Portuguese, but I think Google Translate does a pretty good job! Bear in mind that I write for the Brazilian public, which contains mostly noobs, so I have to be pretty detailed. So it's quite long, but just jump to Sound and you'll be fine ;)

 

http://mindtheheadphone.com.br/2013/03/02/comparativo-dos-grados-hp1000-rs1i-e-ps500/

post #14329 of 19042

Some updates to my rig, new speakers, got a new rug and also my Royal Princess back biggrin.gif Also some new portable gear with my tax return smily_headphones1.gif

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

Zu Audio Soul Supreme

 

1000

 

Sophia Royal Princess 300B, Ken Rad VT-231

 

Woo Audio WA5

 

WA5, W4S DAC-2, ND-S1

 

PS 1000

 

HD800

 

Driver Tube Collection; Ken Rad VT-231 Staggered Plates, RCA Black Glass VT-231, Raythereon VT-231 and Sylvania NOS 6SN7WGT

 

Shophia Electric Royal Princess Box

 

Sophia Royal Princess 300B

 

 

 

 

 

Spendings been less than I would of hoped for... no more overtime+apprentice wages+mortgage at the age of 20= Not enough head-fi funds frown.gif

 

Messy cables?! Not in my house!!!

 

Oh and some nice tidy speaker, HDMI and Opticle cables tongue_smile.gif
 

post #14330 of 19042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet View Post

This is my current setup, which should be changing soon -- moving and adding new/different gear. Stepping up the DIY game with a new workshop. The only thing that is not DIY in these pictures is the LCD-2s. The rest is "The Wire" amp (wooden panels), on top of that is my Cavalli Compact Tube Hybrid amp, and to the right is the Gamma 2 DAC. The headphones are: LCD2.2 and Magnum v4s with Ohrenholz cups. I'll be eventually adding a Buffalo ES9023 based DAC and Cavalli EHHA Rev A in the near future.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Gorgeous stuff! How much did it cost you to build the Cavalli hybrid? I've stayed away from DIY so far, but that one's just too darn tempting 0_0

post #14331 of 19042

Oh my Lord, Frirince, can I move in with you? eek.gif That's an incredible setup, mate.

post #14332 of 19042
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

Oh my Lord, Frirince, can I move in with you? eek.gif
 That's an incredible setup, mate.

Well I guess I do have 3 spare rooms, payment in the form of audio gear will be accepted :P
post #14333 of 19042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fririce0003 View Post

Some updates to my rig, new speakers, got a new rug and also my Royal Princess back biggrin.gif Also some new portable gear with my tax return smily_headphones1.gif

 

 

 

What are you using to run the Zus?

post #14334 of 19042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Drummond View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Nah, I'd got with the PS500s. As much as I enjoyed the RS1/RS1i, I prefer the PS500s!

 

I really liked the PS500 too and found it less fatiguing and with less pronounced mids than the RS1i. But I'd still go for the old bird! gs1000.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

whats the difference? 

 

i've heard the PS500s are more neutral and have more bass, which i don't know if thats a good thing or not, i liked the RS1i's forwardness. i was gonna go for PS1000, but i think my T1 would be better, and the PS1000 are very heavy

 

I recently had the chance to compare my HP1000 to an RS1i and a PS500. The difference between the latter and the RS1i can be summarized as less mids, and a bit more treble and bass. I actually think it's less natural than the RS1i, but then it's a lot less fatiguing. I actually reviewed them in my website. It's in Portuguese, but I think Google Translate does a pretty good job! Bear in mind that I write for the Brazilian public, which contains mostly noobs, so I have to be pretty detailed. So it's quite long, but just jump to Sound and you'll be fine ;)

 

http://mindtheheadphone.com.br/2013/03/02/comparativo-dos-grados-hp1000-rs1i-e-ps500/

IMHO, PS500 had just a little too much mid-bass.  Listen to the lower range of classical piano pieces.  Too colored down there for me.

post #14335 of 19042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Drummond View Post

 

I really liked the PS500 too and found it less fatiguing and with less pronounced mids than the RS1i. But I'd still go for the old bird! gs1000.gif

 

 

I recently had the chance to compare my HP1000 to an RS1i and a PS500. The difference between the latter and the RS1i can be summarized as less mids, and a bit more treble and bass. I actually think it's less natural than the RS1i, but then it's a lot less fatiguing. I actually reviewed them in my website. It's in Portuguese, but I think Google Translate does a pretty good job! Bear in mind that I write for the Brazilian public, which contains mostly noobs, so I have to be pretty detailed. So it's quite long, but just jump to Sound and you'll be fine ;)

 

http://mindtheheadphone.com.br/2013/03/02/comparativo-dos-grados-hp1000-rs1i-e-ps500/

 

 

Grandes aprofundados comentários

Saúde
beerchug.gif

post #14336 of 19042


Cabin trip-fi!

Enjoying the discussion on the PS500s.
The Grado SR60 was my entrance to head-fi as a student, and I still love the grado sound.
I went from the SR60s to the GS1000s and loved them at first, but later realised they were a bit too fatigueing for me. I really like the way they present voices, and after I started to listen to speakers more, I really appreciate the huge soundstage, but the highs are a bit too much for me. I find they sound good with a very limited range of genres.

Got the RS1i next. Absolutely loved them, and I still do. The mids sound close to perfect for me, and the amount of detail they are able to reveal still amazes me. They sounded fantastic with the WA2, I'm happy I was able to own that combo for a while.

After I got the LCD-2s, I have to say they've become my favorite pair of headphones, and the best that I've had the pleasure of hearing so far.
I still use and love the RS1is though, sometimes I just crave that raw in-your-face detail of the Grados. But as my ears are getting more and more accustomed to the darker sound of the LCDs, I'm finding the RS1i somewhat more fatigueing.
Sounds like the PS500 might be worth looking into (:
Edited by _nomad - 7/28/13 at 8:50am
post #14337 of 19042
post #14338 of 19042

I have no idea what happened there, i meant to say sweet gear!

post #14339 of 19042

I'm currently enjoying the kingrex headquarters amplifier with perfect sounds dido 901, lurve it.

post #14340 of 19042

@ Fririce0003

 

OH MY!!!

beerchug.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...