That was my reaction, too, but the Aune is even more impressive for its rarity and uniqueness.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 945post #14161 of 211837/12/13 at 5:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14162 of 211837/12/13 at 7:14pmQuote:
Is this is sarcasm? Often hard to tell in text. If not, thanks for the compliment! If so, sorry to let you down about the Bayer's, but I had a great time today with the Aune, Amperex 7308 gold pin and Hd 650's. Enjoying the music is what it's all about anyways, right?post #14163 of 211837/12/13 at 8:24pmQuote:
No let down at all... I'll bet that setup sounds great.post #14164 of 211837/13/13 at 6:18ampost #14165 of 211837/13/13 at 7:36ampost #14166 of 211837/13/13 at 7:55ampost #14167 of 211837/13/13 at 8:11amQuote:
peachtree Decco65 and Martin Logan Motion 4s. Had this setup for 8+months now and I still don't want to change anything...so it must be doing something right!post #14168 of 211837/13/13 at 2:07pmIll bet!
Hey,so I just fixed my Minimums 7 speakers (replaced the capacitors), and I'm thinking about replacing my cheap 2.1 system on my computer. What cheap $25 speaker amp on amazon is best? The Lepai one?post #14169 of 211837/13/13 at 2:38pmQuote:
No sarcasm here; I see the Beyer T1 a whole lot more than the Aune T1.post #14170 of 211837/13/13 at 7:11pmpost #14171 of 211837/13/13 at 9:28pmQuote:
Does the little CMoy get any love anymore?post #14172 of 211837/13/13 at 9:55pm
It does when I go to the coffee shop!
Though just with the 225s... I found today that I'm not a fan of how the RS1 sounds through the cmoy. It comes out a bit nasally. Odd that.post #14173 of 211837/13/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
I've actually had the same experience when it comes to Grado. Despite the whole lineup being basically equal in efficiency, the low-end stuff really sounds better through a CMoy than the higher-ups.post #14174 of 211837/14/13 at 4:30pmQuote:
Ok, I'm having a GIGO moment.... the fault, as it happens, isn't with the CMOY at all.... the DAC/headphone driver on the iPhone just sucks. Plugged my RS1i's directly into the phone, and it's nasally. Plugged the phone through the E09K, where it will have plenty of oomph, and it sounds the same, just louder (and slightly deeper). But, as they say, Garbage In, Garbage Out.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 24 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 33 seconds ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 43 seconds ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 48 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 Gen2 ( four weeks young ) 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 4 minutes ago
- › Independence Day Sale of FiiO in US 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...