or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 941

post #14101 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

 

Super quick picture of current setup. FLAC>E7>SR-80i with black cherry cups courtesy of 7Keys.

 

LOVING IT.

Hey, that's a good looking USB Hub you have there!  wink.gif

post #14102 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post


Gosh I want to get a Pro-ject debut III...

 

I don't think they make them anymore. they now offer the Debut Carbon. http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod=debutcarbon&cat=turntables&lang=en I tried one of Carbons and thought it sounded great. beefier tone arm and cartridge.
post #14103 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

 

Super quick picture of current setup. FLAC>E7>SR-80i with black cherry cups courtesy of 7Keys.

 

LOVING IT.

Hey, that's a good looking USB Hub you have there!  wink.gif


Yeah I know. Whoever got it has good taste wink.gif

 

If only it was usb 2.0 or 3.0, its kinda slow rolleyes.gif

post #14104 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

Pro-ject Debut III or iPod Dock/transport > LD MKIII > RS1 or PS500.

So...which of the two do you prefer?

post #14105 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyWaj10 View Post

My rig as it is currently:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Nobody saw this one? Anyways, beautiful setup!! I love the cable, where is the cable from? Or is it your own creation?

post #14106 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

So...which of the two do you prefer?


i did not spend a lot of time with the carbon, but it sounded better to me.  more full and clear than the debut III.

post #14107 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post


i did not spend a lot of time with the carbon, but it sounded better to me.  more full and clear than the debut III.

The carbon has a much better cartridge (2M Red) than Debut III (OM5e).

post #14108 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

The carbon has a much better cartridge (2M Red) than Debut III (OM5e).

exactly. i wouldn't mind upgrading the cartridge in mine at some point.
post #14109 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Nobody saw this one? Anyways, beautiful setup!! I love the cable, where is the cable from? Or is it your own creation?

Wolfetan, thanks! The cable is from Artemis Audio, not as widely known as the likes of ALO, Moon Audio, etc. Looks awesome in person, sounds significantly better than stock, and didn't cost me an arm and a leg!
post #14110 of 20226
Thing is gents, the Debut III is $300 on amazon whereas the Carbon is $400. I'm already stretching my budget to fit the Debut III redface.gif
post #14111 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

Thing is gents, the Debut III is $300 on amazon whereas the Carbon is $400. I'm already stretching my budget to fit the Debut III redface.gif

be patient and save the extra $100. in this case it's worth it.
post #14112 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

Thing is gents, the Debut III is $300 on amazon whereas the Carbon is $400. I'm already stretching my budget to fit the Debut III redface.gif

I think the Debut III is discontinued and the entry Pro-ject is now the Essential ($299), which is a very different design from the Debut.

I would choose a Debut III over the new Essential at the same price.

 

Buy what you can afford and enjoy it. 

If you enjoy it you will eventually want to upgrade the cartridge, like Sam...beerchug.gif

post #14113 of 20226
The Debut III might be discontinued but it's still selling on amazon biggrin.gif

If I cat get one of those by the time I've got the money, I'll get a MusicHall USB-1 probably. Or ask around biggrin.gif

-edit-
Just to let y'all know, it's my goal to, by Christmas, have a Pro Ject Debut III table (or similar) and a Grado Black cartridge. How does the Grado cartridge compare to the stock cart on the Pro Ject?
Edited by AHorseNamedJeff - 7/9/13 at 5:33pm
post #14114 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

The Debut III might be discontinued but it's still selling on amazon biggrin.gif

If I cat get one of those by the time I've got the money, I'll get a MusicHall USB-1 probably. Or ask around biggrin.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

The Debut III might be discontinued but it's still selling on amazon biggrin.gif

If I cat get one of those by the time I've got the money, I'll get a MusicHall USB-1 probably. Or ask around biggrin.gif

I would save up for (or buy used) any Rega instead. MUCH better tone arms and models with non 24V motor don't need a wall wort! Regas are also a lot of fun to modify. The RP1 even has a trick resin platter that may replace the glass platters in some higher models.

Since this is a show your station thread, mine has a modified Rega P2 > Pioneer SA-7100

 

AppleMark

 

It's worth it to invest in a good cartridge and compatible phono pre-amp.

 

post #14115 of 20226
I'll think about that. I've also got to consider the fact that I don't make TOO much money (I work at McDonalds for Petes sake), and I have to pay for a car, and I'd also like to get much nicer speakers, I'm really looking for something under $350, that I can plug right into my receiver and get good sound out of.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...