Oh, thanks! (thanks for the explanation, not like I really understand that thouhg...) I never knew the HP1 was made for studio use.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 938post #14056 of 191727/7/13 at 8:25am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14057 of 191727/7/13 at 8:29amQuote:
Sometimes the absolute positive and negative are reversed on a recording and the switch allows you to correct that at the headphone.
There was a typo in the original explanation that may have confused you it says "reserved" instead of reversed. Hope that helps..
It's like if you hooked up your speakers wrong in your home stereo, + to - instead of + to + and you did it on both speakers .That's "absolute phase" instead of just one speaker being out of phase that is just refereed to as "out of phase" It's usually done at a place further up the chain than the speakers, it's just the easiest way to explain it.
Edited by jmsaxon69 - 7/7/13 at 8:33ampost #14058 of 191727/7/13 at 9:08ampost #14059 of 191727/7/13 at 12:28pmQuote:Quote:
Have you owned the rdac? If so can you elaborate thanks :)post #14060 of 191727/7/13 at 12:49pmpost #14061 of 191727/7/13 at 3:20pmpost #14062 of 191727/7/13 at 3:45pmpost #14063 of 191727/7/13 at 3:49pmpost #14064 of 191727/7/13 at 3:56pmQuote:
Thanks, but I don't think John needs to promote his Uncle Joe's out of production stuff...post #14065 of 191727/7/13 at 4:50pmpost #14066 of 191727/7/13 at 4:59pmpost #14067 of 191727/7/13 at 5:14pmpost #14068 of 191727/7/13 at 8:02pmQuote:
Can I try sending it to Grado?post #14069 of 191727/7/13 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by LugBug1Quote:Quote:
Have you owned the rdac? If so can you elaborate thanks :)
Never owned it, but I spent a lot of time with it at my dealers with my MBPro and Amarra and my HD650's...So it was the only new thing in the chain. at its price point it is a nice DAC. However, I found the W4S to have a much better all around sound. Better bass and I definitely preferred the mids. It should outperform given the price difference. This is certainly not a slam on the rdac. I simply went upscale....
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 10 seconds ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Alpha Primes Claret 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX1X (Xtreme Xplosive) (Impressions)(Hopefully Fan Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › Top 10 Games of 2014 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › looking for loud 150$ headphones 6 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)