Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 929post #13921 of 213036/29/13 at 1:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13922 of 213036/29/13 at 2:41pmpost #13923 of 213036/29/13 at 7:14pmpost #13924 of 213036/29/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
They are fantastic for a small nearfield speaker. Built in amp/dac....I prefer the Dragonfly to the internal dac.post #13925 of 213036/29/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Ooooo. Time to research!post #13926 of 213036/30/13 at 2:20am
Yeah, those B&W MM-1s are really great for near field listening! Listened to a couple of studio monitors, but I can't seem to part with these little speakers. They sound great on the line-in if you use an external DAC. They've taken quite a step up since I bought the PS Audio NuWave, but they sound great on the Audioquest Dragonfly too.post #13927 of 213036/30/13 at 9:54am
A variation on the NAD SACD player system, found the Musical Fidelity X-Can V2 used at a local audio shop and bought it on reputation alone, didn't even listen to it! I'm glad I did, it's a great match for the AKG! They are FINALLY starting to get broken in.post #13928 of 213036/30/13 at 10:08ampost #13929 of 213036/30/13 at 10:32amQuote:post #13930 of 213036/30/13 at 6:45pmpost #13931 of 213036/30/13 at 7:23pmpost #13932 of 213036/30/13 at 7:34pmpost #13933 of 213036/30/13 at 9:24pmQuote:
I've always wanted one of the cylinder-shaped X-Can amps. I don't really even care how they sound; I just think they're cool.post #13934 of 213036/30/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
They do look pretty cool! Sounds great too, it's a Class A amp tube/hybrid design. A steal used at $150! Listening to Jazz at the Pawnshop 24/88 through an Audio Quest Dragon Fly into the amp and into the AKG K702 in the picture and it sounds really nice....post #13935 of 213036/30/13 at 11:00pm
Just yesterday got my LynxAudio HA-61 HP amp, so for today my audio rig at work looks like this (I gave my Fostex TH-600 to a friend for a couple of days, so for now can only listen amp with UM Merlin... though I'm not sad, because Merlins sound very good with this amp )
P.S. Sorry for poor photo quality, make it with HTC HD2...
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Schiit Show 2 Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Toslink crackling, USB vs toslink, & motherboard interference? 52 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 5 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20 DAC 6 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...