Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 929post #13921 of 198736/29/13 at 1:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13922 of 198736/29/13 at 2:41pmpost #13923 of 198736/29/13 at 7:14pmpost #13924 of 198736/29/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
They are fantastic for a small nearfield speaker. Built in amp/dac....I prefer the Dragonfly to the internal dac.post #13925 of 198736/29/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Ooooo. Time to research!post #13926 of 198736/30/13 at 2:20am
Yeah, those B&W MM-1s are really great for near field listening! Listened to a couple of studio monitors, but I can't seem to part with these little speakers. They sound great on the line-in if you use an external DAC. They've taken quite a step up since I bought the PS Audio NuWave, but they sound great on the Audioquest Dragonfly too.post #13927 of 198736/30/13 at 9:54am
A variation on the NAD SACD player system, found the Musical Fidelity X-Can V2 used at a local audio shop and bought it on reputation alone, didn't even listen to it! I'm glad I did, it's a great match for the AKG! They are FINALLY starting to get broken in.post #13928 of 198736/30/13 at 10:08ampost #13929 of 198736/30/13 at 10:32amQuote:post #13930 of 198736/30/13 at 6:45pmpost #13931 of 198736/30/13 at 7:23pmpost #13932 of 198736/30/13 at 7:34pmpost #13933 of 198736/30/13 at 9:24pmQuote:
I've always wanted one of the cylinder-shaped X-Can amps. I don't really even care how they sound; I just think they're cool.post #13934 of 198736/30/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
They do look pretty cool! Sounds great too, it's a Class A amp tube/hybrid design. A steal used at $150! Listening to Jazz at the Pawnshop 24/88 through an Audio Quest Dragon Fly into the amp and into the AKG K702 in the picture and it sounds really nice....post #13935 of 198736/30/13 at 11:00pm
Just yesterday got my LynxAudio HA-61 HP amp, so for today my audio rig at work looks like this (I gave my Fostex TH-600 to a friend for a couple of days, so for now can only listen amp with UM Merlin... though I'm not sad, because Merlins sound very good with this amp )
P.S. Sorry for poor photo quality, make it with HTC HD2...
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 3 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 55 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › The State of the Flagships 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › The ALL NEW Hifiman HE1000 "The Can that Can" sans Rolex Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2