Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
After deciding that I’d need about $1K to get the sound I was after, I was getting frustrated with the IEM world. After all, I could just buy the OPPO PM3 for $400, call it a day, and deal with the...
Introduction I've been writing many reviews for local audiophile sites of my country so I decided to write one for head-fi too. Subject is Ostry KC06. (a.k.a Giant Slayer) Sources used: LG...
Obravo erib-2a Review April 2016 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sources used: Sony ZX1 Walkman, HP X360 Spectre with MS Win 10 laptop, Tag...
Note: MusicTeck graciously provided the Miracle and Maestro samples for review. Originally published at CYMBACAVUM. Based in New Jersey, MusicTeck is an official distributor for some of the...
I've only had these headphones for a few days, so these can be considered preliminary impressions. Using Spotify Extreme with Equalify plugin -> Schiit Bifrost Multibit -> Violectric V200 ->...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 929post #13921 of 210656/29/13 at 1:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13922 of 210656/29/13 at 2:41pmpost #13923 of 210656/29/13 at 7:14pmpost #13924 of 210656/29/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
They are fantastic for a small nearfield speaker. Built in amp/dac....I prefer the Dragonfly to the internal dac.post #13925 of 210656/29/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Ooooo. Time to research!post #13926 of 210656/30/13 at 2:20am
Yeah, those B&W MM-1s are really great for near field listening! Listened to a couple of studio monitors, but I can't seem to part with these little speakers. They sound great on the line-in if you use an external DAC. They've taken quite a step up since I bought the PS Audio NuWave, but they sound great on the Audioquest Dragonfly too.post #13927 of 210656/30/13 at 9:54am
A variation on the NAD SACD player system, found the Musical Fidelity X-Can V2 used at a local audio shop and bought it on reputation alone, didn't even listen to it! I'm glad I did, it's a great match for the AKG! They are FINALLY starting to get broken in.post #13928 of 210656/30/13 at 10:08ampost #13929 of 210656/30/13 at 10:32amQuote:post #13930 of 210656/30/13 at 6:45pmpost #13931 of 210656/30/13 at 7:23pmpost #13932 of 210656/30/13 at 7:34pmpost #13933 of 210656/30/13 at 9:24pmQuote:
I've always wanted one of the cylinder-shaped X-Can amps. I don't really even care how they sound; I just think they're cool.post #13934 of 210656/30/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
They do look pretty cool! Sounds great too, it's a Class A amp tube/hybrid design. A steal used at $150! Listening to Jazz at the Pawnshop 24/88 through an Audio Quest Dragon Fly into the amp and into the AKG K702 in the picture and it sounds really nice....post #13935 of 210656/30/13 at 11:00pm
Just yesterday got my LynxAudio HA-61 HP amp, so for today my audio rig at work looks like this (I gave my Fostex TH-600 to a friend for a couple of days, so for now can only listen amp with UM Merlin... though I'm not sad, because Merlins sound very good with this amp )
P.S. Sorry for poor photo quality, make it with HTC HD2...
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Astell&Kern AK380 26 seconds ago
- › Need to upgrade and buy some gear for my se 535 55 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › Need a good DAC for my new IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › [AUS] Brand New HD800S 3 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 4 minutes ago
- › For 6BL7 tube users 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse