Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 928post #13906 of 191726/26/13 at 11:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13907 of 191726/27/13 at 12:30am
Thanks! I def have all that I need and more. I made a decision last year to get rid of everything but the absolute minimum. I still have a AGD amp in a 2nd system and a MAD Ear+ HD in storage because I simply can't bare to sell it. My plan was to keep the ZDSE from here on out but the GS-X mk2 came up and I had to try it. I re-arranged my room back in Nov and never got around to hooking the ZDSE back up until 4 days ago. I don't think keeping 2 TOTL amps is in my future so who knows what's going to happen.
I bought the XPA-2 power amp a couple of months ago but just found out that the new XPA-1L's (class-a, fully balanced) are out so now I want those instead... So as much as I think I'm at the end of my audio buying line, things keep popping up...
But another plug for the Oppo 105. A 7.1 channel DAC with 24/192 USB capability and HDMI/TOSLINK inputs and outputs and network streaming capability controllable from your iphone. SACD, HDCD, DVD audio, Bluray audio and seperate, dedicated 2-channel DAC - best deal on the planet.post #13908 of 191726/28/13 at 6:43am
DACmini CX > Emotiva a-100 Mini-X > LCD-2 Rev.1
With 8Wpc into 50-Ohms, the dynamics, bass extension and speed are amazing. I'm hearing things in the bass that I can't hear with with the DACmini's amp section. But even after 100+ hours of break-in, the Emotiva seems to have slightly recessed mids and is a little more analytical than I prefer. Keep in mind that my LCD-2 aren't as resolving as T1, for example, but I'm still wishing this chain were a bit smoother.
Only $189 currently - pretty amazing!
My $45 contraption - I already had two of the four pieces, so it was expedient. The cable is Oxygen-free copper with platinum-plated RCA connectors.
UPDATE: In response to a PM, here are the four pieces that total about $45. Please note that this can only be used with speaker amps that have a common, shared ground between the left and right channels! You can test this by using a multimeter to confirm that there is continuity between the black terminals when the amp is turned off.
Note that this amp's speaker terminals have a shared ground!
Feel free to make substitutions - it would be better to have fewer connection points, of course. Someone like www.btg-audio.com could put together an affordable cable that would be a far better solution.
Edited by zilch0md - 6/28/13 at 8:21ampost #13909 of 191726/28/13 at 8:32ampost #13910 of 191726/28/13 at 8:59ampost #13911 of 191726/28/13 at 9:57ampost #13912 of 191726/28/13 at 11:03ampost #13913 of 191726/28/13 at 11:33ampost #13914 of 191726/28/13 at 11:36ampost #13915 of 191726/28/13 at 11:46ampost #13916 of 191726/28/13 at 4:35pmpost #13917 of 191726/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #13918 of 191726/28/13 at 6:41pm
Just got integrated my DIY 2x15 PA/bass cab into my rooms system with a 400w/channel power amp. Plus the 200w/channel sony receiver into my 15" tower speaker pair. Almost loud enough . Have to finish painting the bass cab though.post #13919 of 191726/28/13 at 8:17pmQuote:
Are those the new Sony XB headphones?post #13920 of 191726/28/13 at 8:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by KimLarouxQuote:
Are those the new Sony XB headphones?
Yes...However, the headband is a bit thick and somewhat heavy....
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 18 seconds ago
- › Recommend me a good set of over ear closed headphones for metal and... 43 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Track ID: Dub Reggae with female vocals? [FREE download inside] 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone ever hear of this vintage electret???? Vanco HFC-14 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Audio Linear SE 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum or Sony MDR-1R 3 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)