Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 928post #13906 of 194416/26/13 at 11:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13907 of 194416/27/13 at 12:30am
Thanks! I def have all that I need and more. I made a decision last year to get rid of everything but the absolute minimum. I still have a AGD amp in a 2nd system and a MAD Ear+ HD in storage because I simply can't bare to sell it. My plan was to keep the ZDSE from here on out but the GS-X mk2 came up and I had to try it. I re-arranged my room back in Nov and never got around to hooking the ZDSE back up until 4 days ago. I don't think keeping 2 TOTL amps is in my future so who knows what's going to happen.
I bought the XPA-2 power amp a couple of months ago but just found out that the new XPA-1L's (class-a, fully balanced) are out so now I want those instead... So as much as I think I'm at the end of my audio buying line, things keep popping up...
But another plug for the Oppo 105. A 7.1 channel DAC with 24/192 USB capability and HDMI/TOSLINK inputs and outputs and network streaming capability controllable from your iphone. SACD, HDCD, DVD audio, Bluray audio and seperate, dedicated 2-channel DAC - best deal on the planet.post #13908 of 194416/28/13 at 6:43am
DACmini CX > Emotiva a-100 Mini-X > LCD-2 Rev.1
With 8Wpc into 50-Ohms, the dynamics, bass extension and speed are amazing. I'm hearing things in the bass that I can't hear with with the DACmini's amp section. But even after 100+ hours of break-in, the Emotiva seems to have slightly recessed mids and is a little more analytical than I prefer. Keep in mind that my LCD-2 aren't as resolving as T1, for example, but I'm still wishing this chain were a bit smoother.
Only $189 currently - pretty amazing!
My $45 contraption - I already had two of the four pieces, so it was expedient. The cable is Oxygen-free copper with platinum-plated RCA connectors.
UPDATE: In response to a PM, here are the four pieces that total about $45. Please note that this can only be used with speaker amps that have a common, shared ground between the left and right channels! You can test this by using a multimeter to confirm that there is continuity between the black terminals when the amp is turned off.
Note that this amp's speaker terminals have a shared ground!
Feel free to make substitutions - it would be better to have fewer connection points, of course. Someone like www.btg-audio.com could put together an affordable cable that would be a far better solution.
Edited by zilch0md - 6/28/13 at 8:21ampost #13909 of 194416/28/13 at 8:32ampost #13910 of 194416/28/13 at 8:59ampost #13911 of 194416/28/13 at 9:57ampost #13912 of 194416/28/13 at 11:03ampost #13913 of 194416/28/13 at 11:33ampost #13914 of 194416/28/13 at 11:36ampost #13915 of 194416/28/13 at 11:46ampost #13916 of 194416/28/13 at 4:35pmpost #13917 of 194416/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #13918 of 194416/28/13 at 6:41pm
Just got integrated my DIY 2x15 PA/bass cab into my rooms system with a 400w/channel power amp. Plus the 200w/channel sony receiver into my 15" tower speaker pair. Almost loud enough . Have to finish painting the bass cab though.post #13919 of 194416/28/13 at 8:17pmQuote:
Are those the new Sony XB headphones?post #13920 of 194416/28/13 at 8:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by KimLarouxQuote:
Are those the new Sony XB headphones?
Yes...However, the headband is a bit thick and somewhat heavy....
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 25 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 28 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 53 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › Android: Neutron Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › As new condition He-560 Sydney 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)