Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 928post #13906 of 189586/26/13 at 11:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13907 of 189586/27/13 at 12:30am
Thanks! I def have all that I need and more. I made a decision last year to get rid of everything but the absolute minimum. I still have a AGD amp in a 2nd system and a MAD Ear+ HD in storage because I simply can't bare to sell it. My plan was to keep the ZDSE from here on out but the GS-X mk2 came up and I had to try it. I re-arranged my room back in Nov and never got around to hooking the ZDSE back up until 4 days ago. I don't think keeping 2 TOTL amps is in my future so who knows what's going to happen.
I bought the XPA-2 power amp a couple of months ago but just found out that the new XPA-1L's (class-a, fully balanced) are out so now I want those instead... So as much as I think I'm at the end of my audio buying line, things keep popping up...
But another plug for the Oppo 105. A 7.1 channel DAC with 24/192 USB capability and HDMI/TOSLINK inputs and outputs and network streaming capability controllable from your iphone. SACD, HDCD, DVD audio, Bluray audio and seperate, dedicated 2-channel DAC - best deal on the planet.post #13908 of 189586/28/13 at 6:43am
DACmini CX > Emotiva a-100 Mini-X > LCD-2 Rev.1
With 8Wpc into 50-Ohms, the dynamics, bass extension and speed are amazing. I'm hearing things in the bass that I can't hear with with the DACmini's amp section. But even after 100+ hours of break-in, the Emotiva seems to have slightly recessed mids and is a little more analytical than I prefer. Keep in mind that my LCD-2 aren't as resolving as T1, for example, but I'm still wishing this chain were a bit smoother.
Only $189 currently - pretty amazing!
My $45 contraption - I already had two of the four pieces, so it was expedient. The cable is Oxygen-free copper with platinum-plated RCA connectors.
UPDATE: In response to a PM, here are the four pieces that total about $45. Please note that this can only be used with speaker amps that have a common, shared ground between the left and right channels! You can test this by using a multimeter to confirm that there is continuity between the black terminals when the amp is turned off.
Note that this amp's speaker terminals have a shared ground!
Feel free to make substitutions - it would be better to have fewer connection points, of course. Someone like www.btg-audio.com could put together an affordable cable that would be a far better solution.
Edited by zilch0md - 6/28/13 at 8:21ampost #13909 of 189586/28/13 at 8:32ampost #13910 of 189586/28/13 at 8:59ampost #13911 of 189586/28/13 at 9:57ampost #13912 of 189586/28/13 at 11:03ampost #13913 of 189586/28/13 at 11:33ampost #13914 of 189586/28/13 at 11:36ampost #13915 of 189586/28/13 at 11:46ampost #13916 of 189586/28/13 at 4:35pmpost #13917 of 189586/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #13918 of 189586/28/13 at 6:41pm
Just got integrated my DIY 2x15 PA/bass cab into my rooms system with a 400w/channel power amp. Plus the 200w/channel sony receiver into my 15" tower speaker pair. Almost loud enough . Have to finish painting the bass cab though.post #13919 of 189586/28/13 at 8:17pmQuote:
Are those the new Sony XB headphones?post #13920 of 189586/28/13 at 8:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by KimLarouxQuote:
Are those the new Sony XB headphones?
Yes...However, the headband is a bit thick and somewhat heavy....
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [Poor Man Reviews] Nocs' NS-800 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › London Audio Shop with good range of high end iems? ?? 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › I need a decent case 8 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)