It says 600ohm's on the HD25 decal. Otherwise out of guess.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
Around 2009, the rumbling and chatter at Headfi.org was getting louder… It was beginning to roar. There was mention of a DIY designer who had an amp that would not only change headphone...
Intro This is an IEM that caught Head-fi by storm. Featuring a single 10mm high-bandwidth dynamic, using two patented technologies, Ostry made quite the statement. A company that was...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 927post #13891 of 196956/24/13 at 11:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13892 of 196956/24/13 at 11:43pm
Well, more than just the decal. I swapped out the regular drivers for some 600 ohm heavies (from the kinda rare HD25-13-ii).post #13893 of 196956/25/13 at 7:18ampost #13894 of 196956/25/13 at 7:33ampost #13895 of 196956/25/13 at 7:44am
Not to take away from this thread, but I think Headphones need some more respect on reddit, so I made a subreddit for posting pics of your headphones, I want to grow it as a great community here just like here on headfi, so please go check it out, subscribe, and post your pics, if you dotn want to hurt headfi ( neither do i) you can submit links to your headfi picture on the forumns. So yeah, thanks and lets create something nice + looking for moderators.... www.reddit.com/r/shareyourheadphonespost #13896 of 196956/25/13 at 8:36amQuote:
Ah, yes. The magical review and opinion with no direct experience.
NOT particularly useful.post #13897 of 196956/25/13 at 2:32pm
Very nice. Considered the Valhalla myself. What does it do for the Beyerdynamic headphone?post #13898 of 196956/25/13 at 2:50pm
It's really the NAD SACD that seems to have tamed the DT990 as far as I can tell, that or I broke them in enough or a just got used to the sonic signature....probably a combination of all 3! It sounds REALLY nice now! NAD components lean more to the darker side in general.
The Valhalla wants to see a 300 - 600 ohm impedance to sound it's best, these Beyers are 600 ohm and should have been a great match for the amp, but I was unhappy with the sound at first, new amp, newish headphones, etc...
Very happy now, played some stuff last night that I knew had a bright treble on it and it was great!post #13899 of 196956/25/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
It makes them look very good in a picture together.post #13900 of 196956/25/13 at 5:23pm
I was about to get rid of them and now they sound fantastic in this particular setup, I am keeping them! I think these headphones are tough to get a good system match with, but when you do it is something special.....post #13901 of 196956/25/13 at 5:33pmQuote:
Sounds similar to the infamous AKG Love/Hate relationships.post #13902 of 196956/25/13 at 8:38pmQuote:
Review...? Hardly. Also, you're asking for a review on a product that basically doesn't exist yet. You can't even pre-order the damn thing.
The best you can hope for are meet impressions which are 'grain of salt' tier in the first place.
There's not a single bit of info that's 'partiularly useful' about this amp. But you're welcome to take the 15k plunge when you can to let us all know.
I used the word GUESS for a reason.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 6/25/13 at 8:42pmpost #13903 of 196956/25/13 at 11:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by jude
McIntosh D100 with AKG K340 and Koss ESP950 (and the TakeT H2+ in the background).
What's the deal with this... haven't heard much about it yet. Is Jude doing a review or something? (please say yes)post #13904 of 196956/26/13 at 8:44pm
ZDSE, GS-X mk2 with a bunch of headphones. Sold all of my DAC's because I like the OPPO so much. I am planning on building a Buffalo DAC now that I have the GS-X, just for the experience. Also emotiva power amps and my other favorite accidental finds - the Sierra Acoustics Tower speakers with RAAL. I've had about 5 sets of speakers in the 4 years but I'm pretty sure I'll have these for the next decade.post #13905 of 196956/26/13 at 9:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by tme110
ZDSE, GS-X mk2 with a bunch of headphones. Sold all of my DAC's because I like the OPPO so much. I am planning on building a Buffalo DAC now that I have the GS-X, just for the experience. Also emotiva power amps and my other favorite accidental finds - the Sierra Acoustics Tower speakers with RAAL. I've had about 5 sets of speakers in the 4 years but I'm pretty sure I'll have these for the next decade.
I am envious of your collection of amps.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm? 57 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › $500 to spend on headphones, what should I get? 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Model: HPS-R/HPS-T Shipment delayed 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica debuts three new pairs of headphones ATH-R70x,... 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by potatoe94
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3