It says 600ohm's on the HD25 decal. Otherwise out of guess.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 927post #13891 of 194756/24/13 at 11:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13892 of 194756/24/13 at 11:43pm
Well, more than just the decal. I swapped out the regular drivers for some 600 ohm heavies (from the kinda rare HD25-13-ii).post #13893 of 194756/25/13 at 7:18ampost #13894 of 194756/25/13 at 7:33ampost #13895 of 194756/25/13 at 7:44am
Not to take away from this thread, but I think Headphones need some more respect on reddit, so I made a subreddit for posting pics of your headphones, I want to grow it as a great community here just like here on headfi, so please go check it out, subscribe, and post your pics, if you dotn want to hurt headfi ( neither do i) you can submit links to your headfi picture on the forumns. So yeah, thanks and lets create something nice + looking for moderators.... www.reddit.com/r/shareyourheadphonespost #13896 of 194756/25/13 at 8:36amQuote:
Ah, yes. The magical review and opinion with no direct experience.
NOT particularly useful.post #13897 of 194756/25/13 at 2:32pm
Very nice. Considered the Valhalla myself. What does it do for the Beyerdynamic headphone?post #13898 of 194756/25/13 at 2:50pm
It's really the NAD SACD that seems to have tamed the DT990 as far as I can tell, that or I broke them in enough or a just got used to the sonic signature....probably a combination of all 3! It sounds REALLY nice now! NAD components lean more to the darker side in general.
The Valhalla wants to see a 300 - 600 ohm impedance to sound it's best, these Beyers are 600 ohm and should have been a great match for the amp, but I was unhappy with the sound at first, new amp, newish headphones, etc...
Very happy now, played some stuff last night that I knew had a bright treble on it and it was great!post #13899 of 194756/25/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
It makes them look very good in a picture together.post #13900 of 194756/25/13 at 5:23pm
I was about to get rid of them and now they sound fantastic in this particular setup, I am keeping them! I think these headphones are tough to get a good system match with, but when you do it is something special.....post #13901 of 194756/25/13 at 5:33pmQuote:
Sounds similar to the infamous AKG Love/Hate relationships.post #13902 of 194756/25/13 at 8:38pmQuote:
Review...? Hardly. Also, you're asking for a review on a product that basically doesn't exist yet. You can't even pre-order the damn thing.
The best you can hope for are meet impressions which are 'grain of salt' tier in the first place.
There's not a single bit of info that's 'partiularly useful' about this amp. But you're welcome to take the 15k plunge when you can to let us all know.
I used the word GUESS for a reason.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 6/25/13 at 8:42pmpost #13903 of 194756/25/13 at 11:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by jude
McIntosh D100 with AKG K340 and Koss ESP950 (and the TakeT H2+ in the background).
What's the deal with this... haven't heard much about it yet. Is Jude doing a review or something? (please say yes)post #13904 of 194756/26/13 at 8:44pm
ZDSE, GS-X mk2 with a bunch of headphones. Sold all of my DAC's because I like the OPPO so much. I am planning on building a Buffalo DAC now that I have the GS-X, just for the experience. Also emotiva power amps and my other favorite accidental finds - the Sierra Acoustics Tower speakers with RAAL. I've had about 5 sets of speakers in the 4 years but I'm pretty sure I'll have these for the next decade.post #13905 of 194756/26/13 at 9:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by tme110
ZDSE, GS-X mk2 with a bunch of headphones. Sold all of my DAC's because I like the OPPO so much. I am planning on building a Buffalo DAC now that I have the GS-X, just for the experience. Also emotiva power amps and my other favorite accidental finds - the Sierra Acoustics Tower speakers with RAAL. I've had about 5 sets of speakers in the 4 years but I'm pretty sure I'll have these for the next decade.
I am envious of your collection of amps.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 12 seconds ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 25 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 40 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 50 seconds ago
- › What are the best BT IEM under 50$? 53 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900x Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Musical DAC, Flat DAC ,,,,,,what??!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3