It says 600ohm's on the HD25 decal. Otherwise out of guess.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
Compared to Fiio x3, there is no big differences in terms of sound to me. One thing X3 wins, is better bass response with my ES10 headphones. At first i missed sound of my Fiio X3, but i got use to...
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 927post #13891 of 189586/24/13 at 11:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13892 of 189586/24/13 at 11:43pm
Well, more than just the decal. I swapped out the regular drivers for some 600 ohm heavies (from the kinda rare HD25-13-ii).post #13893 of 189586/25/13 at 7:18ampost #13894 of 189586/25/13 at 7:33ampost #13895 of 189586/25/13 at 7:44am
Not to take away from this thread, but I think Headphones need some more respect on reddit, so I made a subreddit for posting pics of your headphones, I want to grow it as a great community here just like here on headfi, so please go check it out, subscribe, and post your pics, if you dotn want to hurt headfi ( neither do i) you can submit links to your headfi picture on the forumns. So yeah, thanks and lets create something nice + looking for moderators.... www.reddit.com/r/shareyourheadphonespost #13896 of 189586/25/13 at 8:36amQuote:
Ah, yes. The magical review and opinion with no direct experience.
NOT particularly useful.post #13897 of 189586/25/13 at 2:32pm
Very nice. Considered the Valhalla myself. What does it do for the Beyerdynamic headphone?post #13898 of 189586/25/13 at 2:50pm
It's really the NAD SACD that seems to have tamed the DT990 as far as I can tell, that or I broke them in enough or a just got used to the sonic signature....probably a combination of all 3! It sounds REALLY nice now! NAD components lean more to the darker side in general.
The Valhalla wants to see a 300 - 600 ohm impedance to sound it's best, these Beyers are 600 ohm and should have been a great match for the amp, but I was unhappy with the sound at first, new amp, newish headphones, etc...
Very happy now, played some stuff last night that I knew had a bright treble on it and it was great!post #13899 of 189586/25/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
It makes them look very good in a picture together.post #13900 of 189586/25/13 at 5:23pm
I was about to get rid of them and now they sound fantastic in this particular setup, I am keeping them! I think these headphones are tough to get a good system match with, but when you do it is something special.....post #13901 of 189586/25/13 at 5:33pmQuote:
Sounds similar to the infamous AKG Love/Hate relationships.post #13902 of 189586/25/13 at 8:38pmQuote:
Review...? Hardly. Also, you're asking for a review on a product that basically doesn't exist yet. You can't even pre-order the damn thing.
The best you can hope for are meet impressions which are 'grain of salt' tier in the first place.
There's not a single bit of info that's 'partiularly useful' about this amp. But you're welcome to take the 15k plunge when you can to let us all know.
I used the word GUESS for a reason.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 6/25/13 at 8:42pmpost #13903 of 189586/25/13 at 11:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by jude
McIntosh D100 with AKG K340 and Koss ESP950 (and the TakeT H2+ in the background).
What's the deal with this... haven't heard much about it yet. Is Jude doing a review or something? (please say yes)post #13904 of 189586/26/13 at 8:44pm
ZDSE, GS-X mk2 with a bunch of headphones. Sold all of my DAC's because I like the OPPO so much. I am planning on building a Buffalo DAC now that I have the GS-X, just for the experience. Also emotiva power amps and my other favorite accidental finds - the Sierra Acoustics Tower speakers with RAAL. I've had about 5 sets of speakers in the 4 years but I'm pretty sure I'll have these for the next decade.post #13905 of 189586/26/13 at 9:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by tme110
ZDSE, GS-X mk2 with a bunch of headphones. Sold all of my DAC's because I like the OPPO so much. I am planning on building a Buffalo DAC now that I have the GS-X, just for the experience. Also emotiva power amps and my other favorite accidental finds - the Sierra Acoustics Tower speakers with RAAL. I've had about 5 sets of speakers in the 4 years but I'm pretty sure I'll have these for the next decade.
I am envious of your collection of amps.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC ARIES 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › EAX vs dolby headphone / onboard vs Xonar STX 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)