Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 922post #13816 of 202266/17/13 at 6:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13817 of 202266/17/13 at 6:07pmpost #13818 of 202266/17/13 at 6:18pmpost #13819 of 202266/17/13 at 6:20pmpost #13820 of 202266/17/13 at 6:24pmpost #13821 of 202266/17/13 at 6:28pmQuote:
Great looking setup tribestos! I gotta find me one of those Marantz receivers....post #13822 of 202266/17/13 at 6:33pmpost #13823 of 202266/17/13 at 7:44pmpost #13824 of 202266/18/13 at 4:48am
Hey Jeff, I have a question! It is slightly off-topic, but, looking at your sig, I see that you run your turntable through your receiver and into some Sony bookshelf speakers. Is there any reason you don't use your Grados or Sennheisers?post #13825 of 202266/18/13 at 7:13am
A minor addition to the current setup. Noticed that the Novo I use for my main headphone amp has a kind of a reduced bass/treble extension. Using my portable DAC/Amp as a temp solution for that ( Which, funnily enough, is better as a DAC also. No toslink though). I still adore the Graham Slee Novo with the Grado RS1i but starting to find it a lil' bit lacking with other headphones while using it for more bass-heavy stuff.
Also finally got a cable without iDevice controls that fits into that tiny 3,5mm socket of Focal Spirit One.post #13826 of 202266/18/13 at 10:46ampost #13827 of 202266/18/13 at 11:44ampost #13828 of 202266/18/13 at 12:33pmQuote:
I do, and I typed those into the sig section, but it couldn't fit :P good question though.post #13829 of 202266/18/13 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by SludgeSwan
Pics (Click to show)
Some pictures of my current setup. Looks a little bit messy, but hey, it's in use.
Very happy with this setup at the moment!
Thanks! I'm about to invest in a turntable, and I was wondering if Grados don't work well in a turntable>receiver setup :Ppost #13830 of 202266/18/13 at 2:20pmQuote:
It really depends on what you're listening to, no different in a digital setup.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXT90 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Brainwavz Jive earphones - Tuned to preform like a... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K7xx Limited Edition -- Like New in Box 7 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 11 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 vs Philips Fidelio X2 vs HiFiMAN HE400S vs AKG K712 Pro 12 minutes ago
- › Binaural: Hear New York City in 3D 13 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2