Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 922post #13816 of 199756/17/13 at 6:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13817 of 199756/17/13 at 6:07pmpost #13818 of 199756/17/13 at 6:18pmpost #13819 of 199756/17/13 at 6:20pmpost #13820 of 199756/17/13 at 6:24pmpost #13821 of 199756/17/13 at 6:28pmQuote:
Great looking setup tribestos! I gotta find me one of those Marantz receivers....post #13822 of 199756/17/13 at 6:33pmpost #13823 of 199756/17/13 at 7:44pmpost #13824 of 199756/18/13 at 4:48am
Hey Jeff, I have a question! It is slightly off-topic, but, looking at your sig, I see that you run your turntable through your receiver and into some Sony bookshelf speakers. Is there any reason you don't use your Grados or Sennheisers?post #13825 of 199756/18/13 at 7:13am
A minor addition to the current setup. Noticed that the Novo I use for my main headphone amp has a kind of a reduced bass/treble extension. Using my portable DAC/Amp as a temp solution for that ( Which, funnily enough, is better as a DAC also. No toslink though). I still adore the Graham Slee Novo with the Grado RS1i but starting to find it a lil' bit lacking with other headphones while using it for more bass-heavy stuff.
Also finally got a cable without iDevice controls that fits into that tiny 3,5mm socket of Focal Spirit One.post #13826 of 199756/18/13 at 10:46ampost #13827 of 199756/18/13 at 11:44ampost #13828 of 199756/18/13 at 12:33pmQuote:
I do, and I typed those into the sig section, but it couldn't fit :P good question though.post #13829 of 199756/18/13 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by SludgeSwan
Pics (Click to show)
Some pictures of my current setup. Looks a little bit messy, but hey, it's in use.
Very happy with this setup at the moment!
Thanks! I'm about to invest in a turntable, and I was wondering if Grados don't work well in a turntable>receiver setup :Ppost #13830 of 199756/18/13 at 2:20pmQuote:
It really depends on what you're listening to, no different in a digital setup.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 26 seconds ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 1 minute ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 3 minutes ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2