Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 905post #13561 of 174235/19/13 at 4:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13562 of 174235/19/13 at 4:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by basman
Holy.. By the way, the first link gives an error.post #13563 of 174235/19/13 at 4:53pm
It's just a collection of old music machines but sounds great for my worn ears. thanks!
Edited by basman - 5/19/13 at 4:55pmpost #13564 of 174235/19/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Looks like you might like Grado's.. Don't have too many.. What turntable is that?post #13565 of 174235/19/13 at 7:03pmpost #13566 of 174235/19/13 at 7:53pmQuote:
Looks like a Scout with a 2M Black.post #13567 of 174235/19/13 at 9:04pmpost #13568 of 174235/19/13 at 9:35pmpost #13569 of 174235/19/13 at 10:10pmpost #13570 of 174235/19/13 at 10:13pmpost #13571 of 174235/19/13 at 11:48pmpost #13572 of 174235/19/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
Get a jetback.post #13573 of 174235/20/13 at 1:47ampost #13574 of 174235/20/13 at 6:09am
Upgraded from some cheap Hyundai HY-Z-5400 speakers to these Kenwood HM-332 speakers. Hifi system/CD players are much cheaper to buy second hand than standalone speakers and sound much better than most computer speakers. I doubt I could do better without shelling out $150-200 for some brandname bookshelf or studio monitors. I got this CD player for $15 (well over USD$100 originally according to Google). Great bargain since I got my precious computer bookshelf speakers for $32 brand new. Those old Hyundai speakers have been relegated to be used as speakers for my digital piano (CDP-100) with the CV piano or Maestro VST sounds.
I love the looks of these without the grille a lot. Compared to before, bigger cabinet, slightly bigger tweeter (1.5 inch vs 1 inch) and slightly bigger woofer (4 inch vs 3.5 inch). Notably, its soundstage is excellent along with deeper bass (from 60-70hz down to 50-60hz more or less).
By the way, I didn't feature my DIY speaker stands in the photos last time I posted here either, which were made out of cardboard paper, pillow stuffing, and sticky tapes
Edited by kingpage - 5/20/13 at 6:15ampost #13575 of 174235/20/13 at 6:21am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 21 seconds ago
- › IC: Melbourne Meet 30 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord & Major - Major 7 Jazz, 8 Rock, 9 Classical Review 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude