Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 905post #13561 of 162825/19/13 at 4:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13562 of 162825/19/13 at 4:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by basman
Holy.. By the way, the first link gives an error.post #13563 of 162825/19/13 at 4:53pm
It's just a collection of old music machines but sounds great for my worn ears. thanks!
Edited by basman - 5/19/13 at 4:55pmpost #13564 of 162825/19/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Looks like you might like Grado's.. Don't have too many.. What turntable is that?post #13565 of 162825/19/13 at 7:03pmpost #13566 of 162825/19/13 at 7:53pmQuote:
Looks like a Scout with a 2M Black.post #13567 of 162825/19/13 at 9:04pmpost #13568 of 162825/19/13 at 9:35pmpost #13569 of 162825/19/13 at 10:10pmpost #13570 of 162825/19/13 at 10:13pmpost #13571 of 162825/19/13 at 11:48pmpost #13572 of 162825/19/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
Get a jetback.post #13573 of 162825/20/13 at 1:47ampost #13574 of 162825/20/13 at 6:09am
Upgraded from some cheap Hyundai HY-Z-5400 speakers to these Kenwood HM-332 speakers. Hifi system/CD players are much cheaper to buy second hand than standalone speakers and sound much better than most computer speakers. I doubt I could do better without shelling out $150-200 for some brandname bookshelf or studio monitors. I got this CD player for $15 (well over USD$100 originally according to Google). Great bargain since I got my precious computer bookshelf speakers for $32 brand new. Those old Hyundai speakers have been relegated to be used as speakers for my digital piano (CDP-100) with the CV piano or Maestro VST sounds.
I love the looks of these without the grille a lot. Compared to before, bigger cabinet, slightly bigger tweeter (1.5 inch vs 1 inch) and slightly bigger woofer (4 inch vs 3.5 inch). Notably, its soundstage is excellent along with deeper bass (from 60-70hz down to 50-60hz more or less).
By the way, I didn't feature my DIY speaker stands in the photos last time I posted here either, which were made out of cardboard paper, pillow stuffing, and sticky tapes
Edited by kingpage - 5/20/13 at 6:15ampost #13575 of 162825/20/13 at 6:21am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 seconds ago
- › Closed headphone alternative to HD 800 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 5 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or... 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 11 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 11 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 12 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 13 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital