Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 891

post #13351 of 20149

tintin220, your last paragraph hit home hard over here. My listening experience is not limited/restricted to the aural world. Only when I'm analyzing components & accessories (or trying rolleyes.gif to).

 

As much as I love gears, I also love music and the wonderful sensation it brings. I use to go out and hear a lot of live music - all different kinds in different venues, in and around Los Angeles and SoCal/LoCal (the latter is for you, San Diego/Coronado biggrin.gif). Sometimes, in acoustically challenged (ok, BAD) environments. Also, some groups/bands/singers are less than perfect yet, something about the presentation is still wonderfully magic and can sound satisfying.  

 

What's more, I find listening to live music can enhance one's experience with recorded music. Actually, each has its place in my life and it really isn't about which I like better. When I spend a fair amount of time listening to one, I start yearning for the opportunity to engage the other. 

 

Anyway, all is not lost when dealing with a pedestrian recorded/mastered CD or vinyl record. A good/great live show from the artist can save you! You'll be able to listen and be a bit more forgiving of the recording. This points to the Mind, Music and Memory and their interactions. To be clear, I'd rather buy worthy recordings to begin with. Played back on capable gears, as well. I'm just expressing that sometimes, all is not lost with poorly presented music.

 

If this post lacks clarity, it was typed tongue_smile.gif pre-dinner!

post #13352 of 20149

I miss listening to my Zeus recabled 4x22awg from cup-to-adapter xlr D7000. frown.gif But, your pix still picked me up, grokit! biggrin.gif

post #13353 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

 

 

My new HD650's!

 

Congratulations! A most wonderful shade of black indeed.

post #13354 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I miss listening to my Zeus recabled 4x22awg from cup-to-adapter xlr D7000. frown.gif But, your pix still picked me up, grokit! biggrin.gif

Recommend me obtaining a DXXXX?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbishop View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

 

 

 

My new HD650's!

 

Congratulations! A most wonderful shade of black indeed.

Thanks:)

post #13355 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I miss listening to my Zeus recabled 4x22awg from cup-to-adapter xlr D7000. frown.gif But, your pix still picked me up, grokit! biggrin.gif

Recommend me obtaining a DXXXX?

 

 

If you're flush, you gotta round out your headphone inventory. I've enjoyed both the D5000 & D7000. While not everyone's tea, I don't let what others drink stop me from luxuriating inside my own tea bowl. wink.gif

post #13356 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I miss listening to my Zeus recabled 4x22awg from cup-to-adapter xlr D7000. frown.gif But, your pix still picked me up, grokit! biggrin.gif

Recommend me obtaining a DXXXX?

 

 

If you're flush, you gotta round out your headphone inventory. I've enjoyed both the D5000 & D7000. While not everyone's tea, I don't let what others drink stop me from luxuriating inside my own tea bowl. wink.gif

Thats what I'm thinkingbiggrin.gif

post #13357 of 20149

Main rig:

 

 

HE-400 + HA-160

post #13358 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Not sure why, but I've been craving a Denon DX000 lately. I've been wanting a fun can.. Seems like a good choice.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I miss listening to my Zeus recabled 4x22awg from cup-to-adapter xlr D7000. frown.gif But, your pix still picked me up, grokit! biggrin.gif

 

 

I was introduced to the line with the D5000... and I still almost missed the train! Luckily, before I sent it away I tried it with a different amp... and I was sold.

 

I ended up with a D2000 and a D7000 biggrin.gif

post #13359 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Not sure why, but I've been craving a Denon DX000 lately. I've been wanting a fun can.. Seems like a good choice.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I miss listening to my Zeus recabled 4x22awg from cup-to-adapter xlr D7000. frown.gif But, your pix still picked me up, grokit! biggrin.gif

 

 

I was introduced to the line with the D5000... and I still almost missed the train! Luckily, before I sent it away I tried it with a different amp... and I was sold.

 

I ended up with a D2000 and a D7000 biggrin.gif

Recommend a D7000?

post #13360 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schokolade bar View Post

 

 

 

 

That's a great idea. How do you do for back support though?

post #13361 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin220 View Post

For me, listening to vinyl, unless I am actually listening to a beautifully mastered record in analog, is not SQ, but the experience. Because that's what music listening is, right? An experience -- and that implies multiple areas and senses of engagement, not just aural. Basically, listening to vinyl is fun, even if I know my Purity Ring, M83, Beach House, or brand-spankin-new-in-the-mail 20th Anniversary Postal Service records sounds worse than it did right off the CD.

Funny you mention Purity Ring...Considering how much better the LP cut (shrines obviously) is it doesn't help your case much. Lol.
post #13362 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin220 View Post

For me, listening to vinyl, unless I am actually listening to a beautifully mastered record in analog, is not SQ, but the experience. Because that's what music listening is, right? An experience -- and that implies multiple areas and senses of engagement, not just aural. Basically, listening to vinyl is fun, even if I know my Purity Ring, M83, Beach House, or brand-spankin-new-in-the-mail 20th Anniversary Postal Service records sounds worse than it did right off the CD.

Funny you mention Purity Ring...Considering how much better the LP cut (shrines obviously) is it doesn't help your case much. Lol.

Is the LP much better? I used to be a fan of them.

post #13363 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Is the LP much better? I used to be a fan of them.

Twice as dynamic and I thought the bass was improved as well. Though the latter might be just my rig.

The CD is pretty brickwalled. Either way it was pretty noticeable.
post #13364 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Is the LP much better? I used to be a fan of them.

Twice as dynamic and I thought the bass was improved as well. Though the latter might be just my rig.

The CD is pretty brickwalled. Either way it was pretty noticeable.

Got it.

post #13365 of 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

I ended up with a D2000 and a D7000 biggrin.gif

 

Recommend a D7000?

 

Definitely, it's the cream of the crop!

beerchug.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...