Taking these pictures to the bathroom, I'll be back in a few minutes...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 883post #13231 of 184855/7/13 at 9:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13232 of 184855/7/13 at 10:13ampost #13233 of 184855/7/13 at 10:51am
as beautiful as the cups on the headphones are, the 1/4 inch jack is what has me captivated, most companies just give the normal crappy plastic/rubber, but those look amazing!post #13234 of 184855/7/13 at 12:04pmpost #13235 of 184855/7/13 at 12:22pmpost #13236 of 184855/7/13 at 1:57pmpost #13237 of 184855/7/13 at 2:39pmQuote:
The y2 is a nice little unit, kind of miss mine. Sold it a couple months ago due to a case of "upgraditis" and I haven't yet found anything that I can comfortably say is a clear 'night-and-day' upgrade. From a value standpoint it's got a pretty high return (which is to be expected given its DIY nature). Yeah there are certain things that some DACs may do better, but they come at quite a premium, and the y2 can still stand toe to toe with them in some other areas. IME, you don't start seeing clear upgrades until you get in the price range of twice the price of the y2.post #13238 of 184855/7/13 at 2:46pmQuote:
Maybe take the plastic shell off so you don't damage the internals?post #13239 of 184855/7/13 at 4:01pmpost #13240 of 184855/7/13 at 4:16pmpost #13241 of 184855/7/13 at 4:25pmQuote:
Moved after the photo and thanks for the warning! ; )post #13242 of 184855/7/13 at 4:48pmpost #13243 of 184855/7/13 at 4:56pm
Update on the L9. After many ages of scrapping against a diamond reinforced titanium chisel, i have finally been able to smooth the edges enough to push it into my otterbox with the strength of 10,000 adult alpha-male elephants. It sounds great though. MMMMM MILES DAVIS.post #13244 of 184855/7/13 at 5:01pm
How would you describe the sound signature of the TEAC? Been reading around, but can't seem to pin down where on the spectrum its sound signature lands.post #13245 of 184855/7/13 at 5:31pmQuote:
Bright, but not analytical. It seems to resolve better than my Bifrost, and instrument separation is very good. MIdrange seems excellent as vocals through my LCD-3's really shine, and so far the TH-900's do not seem to be demonstrating the recessed mids some complain of, and were evident to me with my LA7000/BiFrost pairing.
So far I'm really liking the UD-501, and the headamp drives the TH-900 beautifully.
Edited by floydfan33 - 5/7/13 at 6:05pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 5 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 52 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › My friend's wife yelled at me. 1 minute ago
- › It's June 2014 and I am waiting for OPPO PM-2 Availability 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)