Taking these pictures to the bathroom, I'll be back in a few minutes...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 883post #13231 of 189245/7/13 at 9:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13232 of 189245/7/13 at 10:13ampost #13233 of 189245/7/13 at 10:51am
as beautiful as the cups on the headphones are, the 1/4 inch jack is what has me captivated, most companies just give the normal crappy plastic/rubber, but those look amazing!post #13234 of 189245/7/13 at 12:04pmpost #13235 of 189245/7/13 at 12:22pmpost #13236 of 189245/7/13 at 1:57pmpost #13237 of 189245/7/13 at 2:39pmQuote:
The y2 is a nice little unit, kind of miss mine. Sold it a couple months ago due to a case of "upgraditis" and I haven't yet found anything that I can comfortably say is a clear 'night-and-day' upgrade. From a value standpoint it's got a pretty high return (which is to be expected given its DIY nature). Yeah there are certain things that some DACs may do better, but they come at quite a premium, and the y2 can still stand toe to toe with them in some other areas. IME, you don't start seeing clear upgrades until you get in the price range of twice the price of the y2.post #13238 of 189245/7/13 at 2:46pmQuote:
Maybe take the plastic shell off so you don't damage the internals?post #13239 of 189245/7/13 at 4:01pmpost #13240 of 189245/7/13 at 4:16pmpost #13241 of 189245/7/13 at 4:25pmQuote:
Moved after the photo and thanks for the warning! ; )post #13242 of 189245/7/13 at 4:48pmpost #13243 of 189245/7/13 at 4:56pm
Update on the L9. After many ages of scrapping against a diamond reinforced titanium chisel, i have finally been able to smooth the edges enough to push it into my otterbox with the strength of 10,000 adult alpha-male elephants. It sounds great though. MMMMM MILES DAVIS.post #13244 of 189245/7/13 at 5:01pm
How would you describe the sound signature of the TEAC? Been reading around, but can't seem to pin down where on the spectrum its sound signature lands.post #13245 of 189245/7/13 at 5:31pmQuote:
Bright, but not analytical. It seems to resolve better than my Bifrost, and instrument separation is very good. MIdrange seems excellent as vocals through my LCD-3's really shine, and so far the TH-900's do not seem to be demonstrating the recessed mids some complain of, and were evident to me with my LA7000/BiFrost pairing.
So far I'm really liking the UD-501, and the headamp drives the TH-900 beautifully.
Edited by floydfan33 - 5/7/13 at 6:05pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 33 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 Review 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)