Taking these pictures to the bathroom, I'll be back in a few minutes...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 883post #13231 of 188135/7/13 at 9:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13232 of 188135/7/13 at 10:13ampost #13233 of 188135/7/13 at 10:51am
as beautiful as the cups on the headphones are, the 1/4 inch jack is what has me captivated, most companies just give the normal crappy plastic/rubber, but those look amazing!post #13234 of 188135/7/13 at 12:04pmpost #13235 of 188135/7/13 at 12:22pmpost #13236 of 188135/7/13 at 1:57pmpost #13237 of 188135/7/13 at 2:39pmQuote:
The y2 is a nice little unit, kind of miss mine. Sold it a couple months ago due to a case of "upgraditis" and I haven't yet found anything that I can comfortably say is a clear 'night-and-day' upgrade. From a value standpoint it's got a pretty high return (which is to be expected given its DIY nature). Yeah there are certain things that some DACs may do better, but they come at quite a premium, and the y2 can still stand toe to toe with them in some other areas. IME, you don't start seeing clear upgrades until you get in the price range of twice the price of the y2.post #13238 of 188135/7/13 at 2:46pmQuote:
Maybe take the plastic shell off so you don't damage the internals?post #13239 of 188135/7/13 at 4:01pmpost #13240 of 188135/7/13 at 4:16pmpost #13241 of 188135/7/13 at 4:25pmQuote:
Moved after the photo and thanks for the warning! ; )post #13242 of 188135/7/13 at 4:48pmpost #13243 of 188135/7/13 at 4:56pm
Update on the L9. After many ages of scrapping against a diamond reinforced titanium chisel, i have finally been able to smooth the edges enough to push it into my otterbox with the strength of 10,000 adult alpha-male elephants. It sounds great though. MMMMM MILES DAVIS.post #13244 of 188135/7/13 at 5:01pm
How would you describe the sound signature of the TEAC? Been reading around, but can't seem to pin down where on the spectrum its sound signature lands.post #13245 of 188135/7/13 at 5:31pmQuote:
Bright, but not analytical. It seems to resolve better than my Bifrost, and instrument separation is very good. MIdrange seems excellent as vocals through my LCD-3's really shine, and so far the TH-900's do not seem to be demonstrating the recessed mids some complain of, and were evident to me with my LA7000/BiFrost pairing.
So far I'm really liking the UD-501, and the headamp drives the TH-900 beautifully.
Edited by floydfan33 - 5/7/13 at 6:05pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Requesting your input on M3U playlist support for X3, X5 15 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 25 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 28 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Best over/on/in-ear under 100$? 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Zelda 3ds Xl 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Audio Technica Ckr-9: Experiencing Sound Reality 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)