Taking these pictures to the bathroom, I'll be back in a few minutes...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 2/6/13 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The purple edition of this headphone is a hidden gem. Most people see me wearing these and assume I am some unacknowledged sheeple. While this is possible, I would attest to the argument that these...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 883post #13231 of 160035/7/13 at 9:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13232 of 160035/7/13 at 10:13ampost #13233 of 160035/7/13 at 10:51am
as beautiful as the cups on the headphones are, the 1/4 inch jack is what has me captivated, most companies just give the normal crappy plastic/rubber, but those look amazing!post #13234 of 160035/7/13 at 12:04pmpost #13235 of 160035/7/13 at 12:22pmpost #13236 of 160035/7/13 at 1:57pmpost #13237 of 160035/7/13 at 2:39pmQuote:
The y2 is a nice little unit, kind of miss mine. Sold it a couple months ago due to a case of "upgraditis" and I haven't yet found anything that I can comfortably say is a clear 'night-and-day' upgrade. From a value standpoint it's got a pretty high return (which is to be expected given its DIY nature). Yeah there are certain things that some DACs may do better, but they come at quite a premium, and the y2 can still stand toe to toe with them in some other areas. IME, you don't start seeing clear upgrades until you get in the price range of twice the price of the y2.post #13238 of 160035/7/13 at 2:46pmQuote:
Maybe take the plastic shell off so you don't damage the internals?post #13239 of 160035/7/13 at 4:01pmpost #13240 of 160035/7/13 at 4:16pmpost #13241 of 160035/7/13 at 4:25pmQuote:
Moved after the photo and thanks for the warning! ; )post #13242 of 160035/7/13 at 4:48pmpost #13243 of 160035/7/13 at 4:56pm
Update on the L9. After many ages of scrapping against a diamond reinforced titanium chisel, i have finally been able to smooth the edges enough to push it into my otterbox with the strength of 10,000 adult alpha-male elephants. It sounds great though. MMMMM MILES DAVIS.post #13244 of 160035/7/13 at 5:01pm
How would you describe the sound signature of the TEAC? Been reading around, but can't seem to pin down where on the spectrum its sound signature lands.post #13245 of 160035/7/13 at 5:31pmQuote:
Bright, but not analytical. It seems to resolve better than my Bifrost, and instrument separation is very good. MIdrange seems excellent as vocals through my LCD-3's really shine, and so far the TH-900's do not seem to be demonstrating the recessed mids some complain of, and were evident to me with my LA7000/BiFrost pairing.
So far I'm really liking the UD-501, and the headamp drives the TH-900 beautifully.
Edited by floydfan33 - 5/7/13 at 6:05pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The CanalWorks Discussion thread 7 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser PC360/PC363D, other headsets, and sound cards 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Which Porcupine Tree \ Steven Wilson Album? 5 minutes ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 7 minutes ago
- › Best over ear headphones under $150 with decent sound and sound... 8 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i 15 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi