Just got Sennheiser HD650's. Will update this post with pictures in a bit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 878post #13156 of 212315/3/13 at 8:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13157 of 212315/3/13 at 9:05pm
Do you happen to know if it's just native-OS compatible (reading ALAC files), or if it works with, say, a Rockboxed Classic running FLAC as well? Don't know if there's any Apple-specific software inside the thing that would prevent FLAC or WAV compatibility.
I'd look it up, but I'm too lazy at the moment.post #13158 of 212315/3/13 at 9:27pmpost #13159 of 212315/3/13 at 10:13pm
The DAC in the i20 is better than the DAC in an iPod but it will fall short of many other "stand alone" DACs. The i20's real strength is being able to bypass the DAC in an iPod and send the signal to a better DAC. This will make the iPod function in the same ballpark as any other digital music server.post #13160 of 212315/3/13 at 11:00pmpost #13161 of 212315/4/13 at 6:13ampost #13162 of 212315/4/13 at 6:23amQuote:
Is that a Colorware pair of HD800's?post #13163 of 212315/4/13 at 6:28ampost #13164 of 212315/4/13 at 7:28ampost #13165 of 212315/4/13 at 8:28amQuote:
LCD-2's are not that hard to drive. Actually, they tremendously easy to drive and aren't too picky on the amp end. Of course, they sound better out of a quality amp, but the E12 has more than enough power to power the LCD-2.post #13166 of 212315/4/13 at 9:03am
Sounds very good honestly, on par with an O2 at least, less warm and lush than my Pan Am, but overall if you wanted to run the LCD-2s purely out of the E12 you won't be missing much, you can get about 70-75% out of the LCD-2s from the E12. I'm not sure why people assume that just because I'm not running these out of some ridiculous $1000 big dog amp these don't sound very good, but in actuality the LCD-2's sound pretty darn good out of anything that outputs like 0.7-1.5W. Just my 2 cents on this :)Quote:
Yep, amen to that, these aren't that hard to drive, honestly i can run my LCD-2s out of my cMoy, though usually my LCD's are running out of a Pan Am, so power isn't too much of an issue for me...post #13167 of 212315/4/13 at 1:19pm
I started a mod thread for the Minimus 7's. I went to Fry's earlier and purchased a new pair of capacitors, but it'll take a bit to get my dad to get out the soldering iron.post #13168 of 212315/4/13 at 3:35pmpost #13169 of 212315/4/13 at 3:53pmpost #13170 of 212315/4/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
HaHa...ok, guess I´m not too in to my HD800 yet. I acutally hated them but realized they need some serious power to work right.
Glad you like rig..its getting better by the minute.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New iRiver AK70 56 seconds ago
- › V-Moda Crossfade M-100 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Need reccomendation on closed back headphones 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP-100 "Tru-Fi Speakers Mod" from packdemon -... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...