Just got Sennheiser HD650's. Will update this post with pictures in a bit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 878post #13156 of 200465/3/13 at 8:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13157 of 200465/3/13 at 9:05pm
Do you happen to know if it's just native-OS compatible (reading ALAC files), or if it works with, say, a Rockboxed Classic running FLAC as well? Don't know if there's any Apple-specific software inside the thing that would prevent FLAC or WAV compatibility.
I'd look it up, but I'm too lazy at the moment.post #13158 of 200465/3/13 at 9:27pmpost #13159 of 200465/3/13 at 10:13pm
The DAC in the i20 is better than the DAC in an iPod but it will fall short of many other "stand alone" DACs. The i20's real strength is being able to bypass the DAC in an iPod and send the signal to a better DAC. This will make the iPod function in the same ballpark as any other digital music server.post #13160 of 200465/3/13 at 11:00pmpost #13161 of 200465/4/13 at 6:13ampost #13162 of 200465/4/13 at 6:23amQuote:
Is that a Colorware pair of HD800's?post #13163 of 200465/4/13 at 6:28ampost #13164 of 200465/4/13 at 7:28ampost #13165 of 200465/4/13 at 8:28amQuote:
LCD-2's are not that hard to drive. Actually, they tremendously easy to drive and aren't too picky on the amp end. Of course, they sound better out of a quality amp, but the E12 has more than enough power to power the LCD-2.post #13166 of 200465/4/13 at 9:03am
Sounds very good honestly, on par with an O2 at least, less warm and lush than my Pan Am, but overall if you wanted to run the LCD-2s purely out of the E12 you won't be missing much, you can get about 70-75% out of the LCD-2s from the E12. I'm not sure why people assume that just because I'm not running these out of some ridiculous $1000 big dog amp these don't sound very good, but in actuality the LCD-2's sound pretty darn good out of anything that outputs like 0.7-1.5W. Just my 2 cents on this :)Quote:
Yep, amen to that, these aren't that hard to drive, honestly i can run my LCD-2s out of my cMoy, though usually my LCD's are running out of a Pan Am, so power isn't too much of an issue for me...post #13167 of 200465/4/13 at 1:19pm
I started a mod thread for the Minimus 7's. I went to Fry's earlier and purchased a new pair of capacitors, but it'll take a bit to get my dad to get out the soldering iron.post #13168 of 200465/4/13 at 3:35pmpost #13169 of 200465/4/13 at 3:53pmpost #13170 of 200465/4/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
HaHa...ok, guess I´m not too in to my HD800 yet. I acutally hated them but realized they need some serious power to work right.
Glad you like rig..its getting better by the minute.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 9 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Transforming Our Society through...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)