Just got Sennheiser HD650's. Will update this post with pictures in a bit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 878post #13156 of 199755/3/13 at 8:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13157 of 199755/3/13 at 9:05pm
Do you happen to know if it's just native-OS compatible (reading ALAC files), or if it works with, say, a Rockboxed Classic running FLAC as well? Don't know if there's any Apple-specific software inside the thing that would prevent FLAC or WAV compatibility.
I'd look it up, but I'm too lazy at the moment.post #13158 of 199755/3/13 at 9:27pmpost #13159 of 199755/3/13 at 10:13pm
The DAC in the i20 is better than the DAC in an iPod but it will fall short of many other "stand alone" DACs. The i20's real strength is being able to bypass the DAC in an iPod and send the signal to a better DAC. This will make the iPod function in the same ballpark as any other digital music server.post #13160 of 199755/3/13 at 11:00pmpost #13161 of 199755/4/13 at 6:13ampost #13162 of 199755/4/13 at 6:23amQuote:
Is that a Colorware pair of HD800's?post #13163 of 199755/4/13 at 6:28ampost #13164 of 199755/4/13 at 7:28ampost #13165 of 199755/4/13 at 8:28amQuote:
LCD-2's are not that hard to drive. Actually, they tremendously easy to drive and aren't too picky on the amp end. Of course, they sound better out of a quality amp, but the E12 has more than enough power to power the LCD-2.post #13166 of 199755/4/13 at 9:03am
Sounds very good honestly, on par with an O2 at least, less warm and lush than my Pan Am, but overall if you wanted to run the LCD-2s purely out of the E12 you won't be missing much, you can get about 70-75% out of the LCD-2s from the E12. I'm not sure why people assume that just because I'm not running these out of some ridiculous $1000 big dog amp these don't sound very good, but in actuality the LCD-2's sound pretty darn good out of anything that outputs like 0.7-1.5W. Just my 2 cents on this :)Quote:
Yep, amen to that, these aren't that hard to drive, honestly i can run my LCD-2s out of my cMoy, though usually my LCD's are running out of a Pan Am, so power isn't too much of an issue for me...post #13167 of 199755/4/13 at 1:19pm
I started a mod thread for the Minimus 7's. I went to Fry's earlier and purchased a new pair of capacitors, but it'll take a bit to get my dad to get out the soldering iron.post #13168 of 199755/4/13 at 3:35pmpost #13169 of 199755/4/13 at 3:53pmpost #13170 of 199755/4/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
HaHa...ok, guess I´m not too in to my HD800 yet. I acutally hated them but realized they need some serious power to work right.
Glad you like rig..its getting better by the minute.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 11 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 52 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 2 minutes ago
- › OnePlus One 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve... 4 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 6 minutes ago
- › Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2