Just got Sennheiser HD650's. Will update this post with pictures in a bit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Acknowledgment Thank you HiFiMAN for providing this review unit on loan in exchange for my honest opinion.Introduction HiFiMAN has been around a long time now. They’ve gone from bargain OEM...
INTRO:- Shozy, A brand that hails from HongKong, going strong since 2012, better known for their amplifiers, DAPs and DACs has the mighty popular Shozy Alien that looks, sounds and...
1) Disclaimer: A big thanks to Charles and Burson for offering me a review sample of the V5i dual op-amps in exchange for my honest opinion on them. No other compensation was offered or implied....
Being a tester and owner of many digital portable players , I had to participate to the head-fi review tour for Soundaware, especially since all the players of the brand have interested me for...
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 878post #13156 of 214095/3/13 at 8:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13157 of 214095/3/13 at 9:05pm
Do you happen to know if it's just native-OS compatible (reading ALAC files), or if it works with, say, a Rockboxed Classic running FLAC as well? Don't know if there's any Apple-specific software inside the thing that would prevent FLAC or WAV compatibility.
I'd look it up, but I'm too lazy at the moment.post #13158 of 214095/3/13 at 9:27pmpost #13159 of 214095/3/13 at 10:13pm
The DAC in the i20 is better than the DAC in an iPod but it will fall short of many other "stand alone" DACs. The i20's real strength is being able to bypass the DAC in an iPod and send the signal to a better DAC. This will make the iPod function in the same ballpark as any other digital music server.post #13160 of 214095/3/13 at 11:00pmpost #13161 of 214095/4/13 at 6:13ampost #13162 of 214095/4/13 at 6:23amQuote:
Is that a Colorware pair of HD800's?post #13163 of 214095/4/13 at 6:28ampost #13164 of 214095/4/13 at 7:28ampost #13165 of 214095/4/13 at 8:28amQuote:
LCD-2's are not that hard to drive. Actually, they tremendously easy to drive and aren't too picky on the amp end. Of course, they sound better out of a quality amp, but the E12 has more than enough power to power the LCD-2.post #13166 of 214095/4/13 at 9:03am
Sounds very good honestly, on par with an O2 at least, less warm and lush than my Pan Am, but overall if you wanted to run the LCD-2s purely out of the E12 you won't be missing much, you can get about 70-75% out of the LCD-2s from the E12. I'm not sure why people assume that just because I'm not running these out of some ridiculous $1000 big dog amp these don't sound very good, but in actuality the LCD-2's sound pretty darn good out of anything that outputs like 0.7-1.5W. Just my 2 cents on this :)Quote:
Yep, amen to that, these aren't that hard to drive, honestly i can run my LCD-2s out of my cMoy, though usually my LCD's are running out of a Pan Am, so power isn't too much of an issue for me...post #13167 of 214095/4/13 at 1:19pm
I started a mod thread for the Minimus 7's. I went to Fry's earlier and purchased a new pair of capacitors, but it'll take a bit to get my dad to get out the soldering iron.post #13168 of 214095/4/13 at 3:35pmpost #13169 of 214095/4/13 at 3:53pmpost #13170 of 214095/4/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
HaHa...ok, guess I´m not too in to my HD800 yet. I acutally hated them but realized they need some serious power to work right.
Glad you like rig..its getting better by the minute.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Sunday, October 16, 2016 12 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 46 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 48 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Topping NX2 Portable DAC/Amp Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...