Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 877post #13141 of 178495/1/13 at 7:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13142 of 178495/1/13 at 8:02pmQuote:
Looks like it. There absolutely beautiful.post #13143 of 178495/1/13 at 8:36pmQuote:
If you find that setup to be uncomfortable then I would definitely not mind taking it off your handspost #13144 of 178495/2/13 at 3:51ampost #13145 of 178495/2/13 at 7:10ampost #13146 of 178495/2/13 at 10:20ampost #13147 of 178495/2/13 at 11:09amQuote:
Every time I see a Marantz....
I need to get me one of those just for the visual wow factor.post #13148 of 178495/2/13 at 11:30amQuote:
Fortunately, yes! So are you apparently, in overkill mode with 2 pairs
Yup, that's right!
Hahahaha well, the sofa's great! It's just that suave.Quote:
+1, almost got a 228B once, actually.post #13149 of 178495/2/13 at 12:42pmpost #13150 of 178495/2/13 at 6:39pm
I've lost count of the times I've almost pulled the trigger on a bit or old Marantz kit, but I can never justify it from a practical standpoint.post #13151 of 178495/3/13 at 5:24pmpost #13152 of 178495/3/13 at 5:32pmpost #13153 of 178495/3/13 at 7:39pmI took apart my Minimus 7's earlier, the modding process has begun.
My dad and I are going to Frys tomorrow to get better capacitors, some Dynamat (dampen inside of speaker box, and for later use on Grados, and hopefully, T50RP's) hopefully, and Damar varnish to dope the sub. Any other suggestions for modding?post #13154 of 178495/3/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff
I took apart my Minimus 7's earlier, the modding process has begun.
My dad and I are going to Frys tomorrow to get better capacitors, some Dynamat (dampen inside of speaker box, and for later use on Grados, and hopefully, T50RP's) hopefully, and Damar varnish to dope the sub. Any other suggestions for modding?
I've heard upgrading/redesigning the crossover can have a tremendous effect on their SQ
I may try it with mine someday if I don't give them away first....post #13155 of 178495/3/13 at 8:01pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 10 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 12 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 16 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 26 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 1 minute ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob