as another reference to the power the k701's need, i had the 701's with my WA6-SE, and out of all my headphones except the HE-500 and the 600 ohm beyers, they needed the most power to drive them. they sounded great though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 875post #13111 of 187414/30/13 at 12:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13112 of 187414/30/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
Aha. That is a great comparison and sheds light on a few things for me re the 701.
Thanks for that.post #13113 of 187414/30/13 at 1:48pm
My K701s are working out really well with my new Headroom Micro Amp. I know it's not the newest unit out there but it's turning out to have been quite the safe bet. On the 'medium' gain setting the juice is so plentyful that I don't have to go beyond 9 o'clock on the dial. I'd imagine going up to 12 would blow my ears out.post #13114 of 187414/30/13 at 3:28pmpost #13115 of 187414/30/13 at 3:40pmQuote:
Meh...not the best. The e17 is a bit better though. For my money, I'd grab the new build by Mr. Speakers...unfreakin' believable.post #13116 of 187414/30/13 at 3:45pmQuote:I going to buy the cans for MSRP, and mod them myself. I was going to use them in a portable rig: iPhone>E7>T50RP, at home, I'm going to get a LittleDot I+ to go Pc>E7>littledot>t50RP. Sound good?Originally Posted by MattTCGQuote:
Meh...not the best. The e17 is a bit better though. For my money, I'd grab the new build by Mr. Speakers...unfreakin' believable.post #13117 of 187414/30/13 at 4:06pmThe T50RP's need a bit of power don't they? I'd go with an E12 or something along those line with some push behind it.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #13118 of 187414/30/13 at 4:39pm
I shoulda stack the lampizator too. But I forgot and was too tired after moving the two 25kg amps around the house so here's the amp stack. I need to go to the gym :<
The other side of the table, old pic but you get the overall picturepost #13119 of 187414/30/13 at 7:59pmpost #13120 of 187414/30/13 at 8:00pmpost #13121 of 187414/30/13 at 8:04pmpost #13122 of 187414/30/13 at 10:14pmQuote:
Haha, if only coming across backyard space in which to work wasn't so tough in San Francisco.
Thanks a lot!post #13123 of 187414/30/13 at 10:22pmQuote:
Well, I could take one off your hands to get some work space for yourselfpost #13124 of 187415/1/13 at 1:46am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Music Game IX 44 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 45 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 1 minute ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 1 minute ago
- › Buying Creative Sound Blaster Z for optical out use only 1 minute ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)