or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 874

post #13096 of 20178
Cool rig.
post #13097 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForShure View Post

*

My humble setup. More for video editing but I do most of my listening here as well.

I would like to see the same desk a year from now biggrin.gif

post #13098 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiont View Post

I would like to see the same desk a year from now biggrin.gif

Just locked up a new job that pays much better than my old one. You better believe upgrades were on my mind when I walked out of the interview beyersmile.png

post #13099 of 20178

Just finished making headphone stand #2! I'll likely make one more for home and one for work, which should take care of my collection for the time being at least. 

 

Poor photos again but, as with the first, the stands are walnut-stained redwood with black steel piping. 

 

 

 

 

post #13100 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_o View Post

Just finished making headphone stand #2! I'll likely make one more for home and one for work, which should take care of my collection for the time being at least. 

 

Poor photos again but, as with the first, the stands are walnut-stained redwood with black steel piping. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The new 'Mitcho headphone stand'! 

 

Maybe start a bit of a head-fi business wink_face.gif

post #13101 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_o View Post

 

 

 

Very nice :) 

post #13102 of 20178

My little listening corner with an IKEA children's coat hanger as headphone stand. Currently trying to choose from the seemingly hundreds of tips delivered with Vsonic GR07 (on the dustbin)...

 

post #13103 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

 

A mind trip into paradise through a frozen moment blissful. Thanks for the visual rush of peacefulness Redcarmoose.

post #13104 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbishop View Post

 

A mind trip into paradise through a frozen moment blissful. Thanks for the visual rush of peacefulness Redcarmoose.


I was there today and the Denon AH-D 7000 headphones cleaned up over the  AKG k701s in almost every genre. I can hear the k701s really pulling on the Nuforce Icon for all it has. Still there is something about the k701s?

post #13105 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post


I was there today and the Denon AH-D 7000 headphones cleaned up over the  AKG k701s in almost every genre. I can hear the k701s really pulling on the Nuforce Icon for all it has. Still there is something about the k701s?

Defo! 

 

The little time I spent owning both the HD800's and K701's (would have loved to keep em both) the K's do somethings that the Senn's don't. I think its the drier midrange that is great for small ensemble music and piano for e.g. Makes the instruments cut through more with faster decay. The HD800's by contrast can be a little too silky and refined. But I suppose, 'silky and refined' is what you pay for... 

post #13106 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Defo! 

 

The little time I spent owning both the HD800's and K701's (would have loved to keep em both) the K's do somethings that the Senn's don't. I think its the drier midrange that is great for small ensemble music and piano for e.g. Makes the instruments cut through more with faster decay. The HD800's by contrast can be a little too silky and refined. But I suppose, 'silky and refined' is what you pay for... 

 

+1

 

there definitely is something special about the midrange on the K701's (i owned the newer 8 bump version for reference). they are a nice headphone to have around if you have the denons. i had the K701, T1, and HD 800 at the same time, but while the K701 are still very special, i couldn't justify keeping them myself. (in a way the T1 made me get rid of my SR325, K701, RS1i, and DT 990s. The  HD 800 was a nice complement for me)


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/30/13 at 12:50pm
post #13107 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post


I was there today and the Denon AH-D 7000 headphones cleaned up over the  AKG k701s in almost every genre. I can hear the k701s really pulling on the Nuforce Icon for all it has. Still there is something about the k701s?

 

The 701s need more power, they like gain as well and match up exceptionally well with the Lyr. The Lyr really transformed the 701s, actually made them musical. That was the best I have heard from either of those components.


Edited by grokit - 4/30/13 at 12:52pm
post #13108 of 20178

as another reference to the power the k701's need, i had the 701's with my WA6-SE, and out of all my headphones except the HE-500 and the 600 ohm  beyers, they needed the most power to drive them. they sounded great though.

post #13109 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

as another reference to the power the k701's need, i had the 701's with my WA6-SE, and out of all my headphones except the HE-500 and the 600 ohm  beyers, they needed the most power to drive them. they sounded great though.


Aha. That is a great comparison and sheds light on a few things for me re the 701.

 

Thanks for that.

post #13110 of 20178

My K701s are working out really well with my new Headroom Micro Amp. I know it's not the newest unit out there but it's turning out to have been quite the safe bet. On the 'medium' gain setting the juice is so plentyful that I don't have to go beyond 9 o'clock on the dial. I'd imagine going up to 12 would blow my ears out. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...