Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 874
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13097 of 187444/29/13 at 7:27ampost #13098 of 187444/29/13 at 7:54pmpost #13099 of 187444/29/13 at 8:25pmpost #13100 of 187444/29/13 at 9:22pmpost #13101 of 187444/29/13 at 10:37pm
Just locked up a new job that pays much better than my old one. You better believe upgrades were on my mind when I walked out of the interviewpost #13102 of 187444/29/13 at 10:44pm
Just finished making headphone stand #2! I'll likely make one more for home and one for work, which should take care of my collection for the time being at least.
Poor photos again but, as with the first, the stands are walnut-stained redwood with black steel piping.post #13103 of 187444/30/13 at 12:01amQuote:
The new 'Mitcho headphone stand'!
Maybe start a bit of a head-fi businesspost #13104 of 187444/30/13 at 7:18ampost #13105 of 187444/30/13 at 7:47am
My little listening corner with an IKEA children's coat hanger as headphone stand. Currently trying to choose from the seemingly hundreds of tips delivered with Vsonic GR07 (on the dustbin)...post #13106 of 187444/30/13 at 10:17am
A mind trip into paradise through a frozen moment blissful. Thanks for the visual rush of peacefulness Redcarmoose.post #13107 of 187444/30/13 at 11:26amQuote:
I was there today and the Denon AH-D 7000 headphones cleaned up over the AKG k701s in almost every genre. I can hear the k701s really pulling on the Nuforce Icon for all it has. Still there is something about the k701s?post #13108 of 187444/30/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
The little time I spent owning both the HD800's and K701's (would have loved to keep em both) the K's do somethings that the Senn's don't. I think its the drier midrange that is great for small ensemble music and piano for e.g. Makes the instruments cut through more with faster decay. The HD800's by contrast can be a little too silky and refined. But I suppose, 'silky and refined' is what you pay for...post #13109 of 187444/30/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by LugBug1
The little time I spent owning both the HD800's and K701's (would have loved to keep em both) the K's do somethings that the Senn's don't. I think its the drier midrange that is great for small ensemble music and piano for e.g. Makes the instruments cut through more with faster decay. The HD800's by contrast can be a little too silky and refined. But I suppose, 'silky and refined' is what you pay for...
there definitely is something special about the midrange on the K701's (i owned the newer 8 bump version for reference). they are a nice headphone to have around if you have the denons. i had the K701, T1, and HD 800 at the same time, but while the K701 are still very special, i couldn't justify keeping them myself. (in a way the T1 made me get rid of my SR325, K701, RS1i, and DT 990s. The HD 800 was a nice complement for me)
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/30/13 at 12:50pmpost #13110 of 187444/30/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
The 701s need more power, they like gain as well and match up exceptionally well with the Lyr. The Lyr really transformed the 701s, actually made them musical. That was the best I have heard from either of those components.
Edited by grokit - 4/30/13 at 12:52pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 11 seconds ago
- › Don't like big "Sennheiser" word on 600\650 headband? Erase it! 12 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 45 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 50 seconds ago
- › e09k to the astro mixamp? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit MJOLNIR 1 minute ago
- › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Like new condition DT250 (250 ohms) 2 minutes ago
- › Unofficial V-MODA XL Pads thread. 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)