- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 874post #13096 of 211904/29/13 at 8:25pmCool rig.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13097 of 211904/29/13 at 9:22pmpost #13098 of 211904/29/13 at 10:37pm
Just locked up a new job that pays much better than my old one. You better believe upgrades were on my mind when I walked out of the interviewpost #13099 of 211904/29/13 at 10:44pm
Just finished making headphone stand #2! I'll likely make one more for home and one for work, which should take care of my collection for the time being at least.
Poor photos again but, as with the first, the stands are walnut-stained redwood with black steel piping.post #13100 of 211904/30/13 at 12:01amQuote:
The new 'Mitcho headphone stand'!
Maybe start a bit of a head-fi businesspost #13101 of 211904/30/13 at 7:18ampost #13102 of 211904/30/13 at 7:47am
My little listening corner with an IKEA children's coat hanger as headphone stand. Currently trying to choose from the seemingly hundreds of tips delivered with Vsonic GR07 (on the dustbin)...post #13103 of 211904/30/13 at 10:17am
A mind trip into paradise through a frozen moment blissful. Thanks for the visual rush of peacefulness Redcarmoose.post #13104 of 211904/30/13 at 11:26amQuote:
I was there today and the Denon AH-D 7000 headphones cleaned up over the AKG k701s in almost every genre. I can hear the k701s really pulling on the Nuforce Icon for all it has. Still there is something about the k701s?post #13105 of 211904/30/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
The little time I spent owning both the HD800's and K701's (would have loved to keep em both) the K's do somethings that the Senn's don't. I think its the drier midrange that is great for small ensemble music and piano for e.g. Makes the instruments cut through more with faster decay. The HD800's by contrast can be a little too silky and refined. But I suppose, 'silky and refined' is what you pay for...post #13106 of 211904/30/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by LugBug1
The little time I spent owning both the HD800's and K701's (would have loved to keep em both) the K's do somethings that the Senn's don't. I think its the drier midrange that is great for small ensemble music and piano for e.g. Makes the instruments cut through more with faster decay. The HD800's by contrast can be a little too silky and refined. But I suppose, 'silky and refined' is what you pay for...
there definitely is something special about the midrange on the K701's (i owned the newer 8 bump version for reference). they are a nice headphone to have around if you have the denons. i had the K701, T1, and HD 800 at the same time, but while the K701 are still very special, i couldn't justify keeping them myself. (in a way the T1 made me get rid of my SR325, K701, RS1i, and DT 990s. The HD 800 was a nice complement for me)
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/30/13 at 12:50pmpost #13107 of 211904/30/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
The 701s need more power, they like gain as well and match up exceptionally well with the Lyr. The Lyr really transformed the 701s, actually made them musical. That was the best I have heard from either of those components.
Edited by grokit - 4/30/13 at 12:52pmpost #13108 of 211904/30/13 at 12:55pm
as another reference to the power the k701's need, i had the 701's with my WA6-SE, and out of all my headphones except the HE-500 and the 600 ohm beyers, they needed the most power to drive them. they sounded great though.post #13109 of 211904/30/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
Aha. That is a great comparison and sheds light on a few things for me re the 701.
Thanks for that.post #13110 of 211904/30/13 at 1:48pm
My K701s are working out really well with my new Headroom Micro Amp. I know it's not the newest unit out there but it's turning out to have been quite the safe bet. On the 'medium' gain setting the juice is so plentyful that I don't have to go beyond 9 o'clock on the dial. I'd imagine going up to 12 would blow my ears out.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 44 seconds ago
- › Whiplash Audio 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Top 20 Most Overrated Bands Of All Time 5 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...