- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 874post #13096 of 201784/29/13 at 8:25pmCool rig.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13097 of 201784/29/13 at 9:22pmpost #13098 of 201784/29/13 at 10:37pm
Just locked up a new job that pays much better than my old one. You better believe upgrades were on my mind when I walked out of the interviewpost #13099 of 201784/29/13 at 10:44pm
Just finished making headphone stand #2! I'll likely make one more for home and one for work, which should take care of my collection for the time being at least.
Poor photos again but, as with the first, the stands are walnut-stained redwood with black steel piping.post #13100 of 201784/30/13 at 12:01amQuote:
The new 'Mitcho headphone stand'!
Maybe start a bit of a head-fi businesspost #13101 of 201784/30/13 at 7:18ampost #13102 of 201784/30/13 at 7:47am
My little listening corner with an IKEA children's coat hanger as headphone stand. Currently trying to choose from the seemingly hundreds of tips delivered with Vsonic GR07 (on the dustbin)...post #13103 of 201784/30/13 at 10:17am
A mind trip into paradise through a frozen moment blissful. Thanks for the visual rush of peacefulness Redcarmoose.post #13104 of 201784/30/13 at 11:26amQuote:
I was there today and the Denon AH-D 7000 headphones cleaned up over the AKG k701s in almost every genre. I can hear the k701s really pulling on the Nuforce Icon for all it has. Still there is something about the k701s?post #13105 of 201784/30/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
The little time I spent owning both the HD800's and K701's (would have loved to keep em both) the K's do somethings that the Senn's don't. I think its the drier midrange that is great for small ensemble music and piano for e.g. Makes the instruments cut through more with faster decay. The HD800's by contrast can be a little too silky and refined. But I suppose, 'silky and refined' is what you pay for...post #13106 of 201784/30/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by LugBug1
The little time I spent owning both the HD800's and K701's (would have loved to keep em both) the K's do somethings that the Senn's don't. I think its the drier midrange that is great for small ensemble music and piano for e.g. Makes the instruments cut through more with faster decay. The HD800's by contrast can be a little too silky and refined. But I suppose, 'silky and refined' is what you pay for...
there definitely is something special about the midrange on the K701's (i owned the newer 8 bump version for reference). they are a nice headphone to have around if you have the denons. i had the K701, T1, and HD 800 at the same time, but while the K701 are still very special, i couldn't justify keeping them myself. (in a way the T1 made me get rid of my SR325, K701, RS1i, and DT 990s. The HD 800 was a nice complement for me)
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/30/13 at 12:50pmpost #13107 of 201784/30/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
The 701s need more power, they like gain as well and match up exceptionally well with the Lyr. The Lyr really transformed the 701s, actually made them musical. That was the best I have heard from either of those components.
Edited by grokit - 4/30/13 at 12:52pmpost #13108 of 201784/30/13 at 12:55pm
as another reference to the power the k701's need, i had the 701's with my WA6-SE, and out of all my headphones except the HE-500 and the 600 ohm beyers, they needed the most power to drive them. they sounded great though.post #13109 of 201784/30/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
Aha. That is a great comparison and sheds light on a few things for me re the 701.
Thanks for that.post #13110 of 201784/30/13 at 1:48pm
My K701s are working out really well with my new Headroom Micro Amp. I know it's not the newest unit out there but it's turning out to have been quite the safe bet. On the 'medium' gain setting the juice is so plentyful that I don't have to go beyond 9 o'clock on the dial. I'd imagine going up to 12 would blow my ears out.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 11 seconds ago
- › Looking for closed back portable headphones with great sound... 29 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 58 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from HD598+Fiio E10 ($600~$700 Budget) 1 minute ago
- › Hey guys! Need help with a pair of budget headphones (<$50). 3 minutes ago
- › Help me to select a good headphone.. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Need help picking a pair of headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3