Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 874
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13097 of 178834/29/13 at 7:27ampost #13098 of 178834/29/13 at 7:54pmpost #13099 of 178834/29/13 at 8:25pmpost #13100 of 178834/29/13 at 9:22pmpost #13101 of 178834/29/13 at 10:37pm
Just locked up a new job that pays much better than my old one. You better believe upgrades were on my mind when I walked out of the interviewpost #13102 of 178834/29/13 at 10:44pm
Just finished making headphone stand #2! I'll likely make one more for home and one for work, which should take care of my collection for the time being at least.
Poor photos again but, as with the first, the stands are walnut-stained redwood with black steel piping.post #13103 of 178834/30/13 at 12:01amQuote:
The new 'Mitcho headphone stand'!
Maybe start a bit of a head-fi businesspost #13104 of 178834/30/13 at 7:18ampost #13105 of 178834/30/13 at 7:47am
My little listening corner with an IKEA children's coat hanger as headphone stand. Currently trying to choose from the seemingly hundreds of tips delivered with Vsonic GR07 (on the dustbin)...post #13106 of 178834/30/13 at 10:17am
A mind trip into paradise through a frozen moment blissful. Thanks for the visual rush of peacefulness Redcarmoose.post #13107 of 178834/30/13 at 11:26amQuote:
I was there today and the Denon AH-D 7000 headphones cleaned up over the AKG k701s in almost every genre. I can hear the k701s really pulling on the Nuforce Icon for all it has. Still there is something about the k701s?post #13108 of 178834/30/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
The little time I spent owning both the HD800's and K701's (would have loved to keep em both) the K's do somethings that the Senn's don't. I think its the drier midrange that is great for small ensemble music and piano for e.g. Makes the instruments cut through more with faster decay. The HD800's by contrast can be a little too silky and refined. But I suppose, 'silky and refined' is what you pay for...post #13109 of 178834/30/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by LugBug1
The little time I spent owning both the HD800's and K701's (would have loved to keep em both) the K's do somethings that the Senn's don't. I think its the drier midrange that is great for small ensemble music and piano for e.g. Makes the instruments cut through more with faster decay. The HD800's by contrast can be a little too silky and refined. But I suppose, 'silky and refined' is what you pay for...
there definitely is something special about the midrange on the K701's (i owned the newer 8 bump version for reference). they are a nice headphone to have around if you have the denons. i had the K701, T1, and HD 800 at the same time, but while the K701 are still very special, i couldn't justify keeping them myself. (in a way the T1 made me get rid of my SR325, K701, RS1i, and DT 990s. The HD 800 was a nice complement for me)
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/30/13 at 12:50pmpost #13110 of 178834/30/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
The 701s need more power, they like gain as well and match up exceptionally well with the Lyr. The Lyr really transformed the 701s, actually made them musical. That was the best I have heard from either of those components.
Edited by grokit - 4/30/13 at 12:52pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Supposed 96/24 track compared to my own vinyl transcription 27 seconds ago
- › Gaming headponhes/headsets. 33 seconds ago
- › MAD Ear+ Purist HD appreciation thread. 43 seconds ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Closed, Over ear, Great Isolation and Portability Sub $100 as gift,... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed headphones - up to 100€ 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude