Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/11/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 873post #13081 of 215754/28/13 at 6:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13082 of 215754/28/13 at 11:30ampost #13083 of 215754/28/13 at 2:47pmQuote:
Well accommodations here on Ice Station Zebra lean to the small and spartan and that desk is predominantly for stand up use but I have managed to sneak a small leather club chair from which I took those pics.post #13084 of 215754/29/13 at 1:31ampost #13085 of 215754/29/13 at 2:22ampost #13086 of 215754/29/13 at 4:00ampost #13087 of 215754/29/13 at 4:09ampost #13088 of 215754/29/13 at 4:43ampost #13089 of 215754/29/13 at 4:47am
Reminds me of an outdoor K701 setup I saw in a movie once, but I honestly can't remember what movie it was. I just recall it surprising me that there was a full audiophile setup in a movie.post #13090 of 215754/29/13 at 5:01amQuote:
It's really nothing much. It's an old Rega Planet (Maybe 1997 issue) being run on 110V which is stepped down from 220V, that's what that transformer is for. It's a simple Nuforce amp and a pair of K701s. I'm listening to Dark Side of the Moon. The system just cuts it. The bass is there, but if it was even a tiny bit less I actually would hate it. I have a placebo effect going on telling me that the cables are getting me better bass. lol
The box is full of CDs.post #13091 of 215754/29/13 at 5:02ampost #13092 of 215754/29/13 at 6:34ampost #13093 of 215754/29/13 at 7:06ampost #13094 of 215754/29/13 at 7:27am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 52 seconds ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK T8iE MkⅡ(Impressions and discussions thread) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › K5, FiiO's new docking desktop amp. How do you like it? Update... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio A5, E12 or E12 DIY? 6 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear