Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 867

post #12991 of 19035

Got some new stuff. A Headroom Micro Amp. TC-754 phono pre. AKG K550s. And a derpy little cheap looking Denon direct-drive w/ a p-mount Ortofon that sounds better then it has a right to. It's my hold over until I can afford to buy a Pro-Ject. 

 

 

 

 

post #12992 of 19035

^^ Those 701s... One of the most handsome headphones out there..

post #12993 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuceka View Post

^^ Those 701s... One of the most handsome headphones out there..

It may be one of the most handsome headphones out there, but the K550 won the Red Dot Award.

post #12994 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

It may be one of the most handsome headphones out there, but the K550 won the Red Dot Award.

Then I'm glad I've got them both in one stable. I tend to like the looks of the K701s more but they NEVER leave the house. 

post #12995 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinE View Post

Then I'm glad I've got them both in one stable. I tend to like the looks of the K701s more but they NEVER leave the house. 

I don't see why you would bring it out of your house since they're open headphones.

 

 

ALTHOUGH one time i was taking a leak in the washroom and someone pulled up next to me with the Q701s on...wanted to say something but 'man rule' states you don't speak to anyone when you're taking a leak. 

post #12996 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2gv View Post

Here is my station!

 

Digging the kyusu! Whatcha drinking?

post #12997 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosshorn View Post

Digging the kyusu! Whatcha drinking?

Right now, just received some 2013 Gyokuro and Sencha from ebay store Idllu (fantastic quality btw). But I'm quite the heretic and also use the kyusu for my Chinese green, white and green oolong teas.

post #12998 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2gv View Post

Right now, just received some 2013 Gyokuro and Sencha from ebay store Idllu (fantastic quality btw). But I'm quite the heretic and also use the kyusu for my Chinese green, white and green oolong teas.

No problem at all, before mine broke it was the all purpose pot as well ^_^ I mean especially with greens and whites, they absorb so little that I never really found it an issue. I'll have to check out that shop though, I used to shop O-Cha but have kind of slacked on tea ordering lately, all my money has been going to this!

 

How was the Shincha this year if you don't mind me asking?

post #12999 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono454 View Post

I don't see why you would bring it out of your house since they're open headphones.

 

 

ALTHOUGH one time i was taking a leak in the washroom and someone pulled up next to me with the Q701s on...wanted to say something but 'man rule' states you don't speak to anyone when you're taking a leak. 

I wear my Grado's to school sometimes. They're a lot easier to crack open and dust out though... 

post #13000 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinE View Post

I wear my Grado's to school sometimes. They're a lot easier to crack open and dust out though... 

I used to wear mine around campus. But the cord doesn't work anymore. frown.gif
post #13001 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2gv View Post

Right now, just received some 2013 Gyokuro and Sencha from ebay store Idllu (fantastic quality btw). But I'm quite the heretic and also use the kyusu for my Chinese green, white and green oolong teas.

Tea and headphone gear is right up my alley!  

post #13002 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRain View Post

I always enjoy hearing my tunes a slightly different way.  The combination of gear allows this.  Even when I get the Fostex TH900 I'll not be done.  I would like to replace the Firestone gear with something else...maybe a nice tube dac+amp.

 

Am the same way :) I have 14 different headphones in the fifty to two hundred dollar range with my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (250 ohm) the most expensive. Then theres the five pair of bookshelf speakers in the closet along with the passive Insignia bass reflex on my desk and some fantastic Samson Media One 3a studio monitors for nearfield listening i picked up two days ago. Variety is definitely a most wonderful spice :D I think am done with speakers though. These Samsons are amazing at nearfield listening volume without any worries of missing anything or bothering the neighbors. Still looking for one more headphone in the pricey range and hopefully that will end my journey..hopefully :D

post #13003 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosshorn View Post

Digging the kyusu! Whatcha drinking?

 

Awesome futuristic monolithic color scheme like something out of A SPACE ODYSSEY 2001. Thanks for the view mosshorn. Oops just noticed the original post was by flipper2gv. Ye gads my excitement is blinding.


Edited by Hellbishop - 4/19/13 at 1:03pm
post #13004 of 19035
Well I did want to post some pics of my head fi station, but it would appear that I can't upload images. Do I need more forum posts before I can post pictures?
post #13005 of 19035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fririce0003 View Post

Well I did want to post some pics of my head fi station, but it would appear that I can't upload images. Do I need more forum posts before I can post pictures?

 

Yes you need a minimum post count to post pictures. It's a security feature to fight spam. You have to go spam the forum with a bunch of meaningless posts before you can post images.

 

rolleyes.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...