- 426 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: The REAL Music Capital of Texas (Denton, Texas)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 856post #12826 of 211864/11/13 at 6:24amLoving the 202s! I had a pair, myself. They're a gateway drug, be warned.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12827 of 211864/11/13 at 7:55am
Omg, bet that sound sick :) How well do the tubes preserve the bass? (Or what tubes are you using?) I'm getting a LDI+ for my Grados and I'm wondering if it'll be usable with my bass-heavy headphones.post #12828 of 211864/11/13 at 8:27ampost #12829 of 211864/11/13 at 8:29am
Re-did the dining room table-cum-headfi station just now. Last thing I'd like to get (for now) is a dedicated DAC for my laptop. Not pictured are my Grado SR-225i headphones and CMOY amp which are in the other room.post #12830 of 211864/11/13 at 11:13ampost #12831 of 211864/11/13 at 1:10pmQuote:
+1. This is the first I've heard of it but it looks very interesting. Its got a similar design to the Brainwavz HM5, is there any connection there?post #12832 of 211864/12/13 at 5:36am
I guess I brought some old memories with that 202's. Thx for the tips on the new models. The 202's are really nice but in the hands of my gf they started falling apart :(
I found the wallet comment hilarious :Dpost #12833 of 211864/12/13 at 7:15amQuote:
It's supposedly all Spider's design, though the cups are likely OEM of some sort. They're a whole lot more shallow than the HM5, but are similar in materials (heavy plastic with metal reinforcement) to the best of my knowledge.post #12834 of 211864/12/13 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by HolyCheese
Hey! Those 202's were my first cans! That's funny. I tought my first can always was the hd518 but now I remember them. As far as I can remember I always enjoyed them but they died after I tried to walk away from my pc the n'th time while they were plugged in.
A good solid step up would be the hd518 or the hd558. :)
Oh btw here are some additions to my setup.
A headphone stand:
Some of the best headphones I have ever heard:
What exactly are the phones at the bottom here?post #12835 of 211864/12/13 at 1:37pmpost #12836 of 211864/12/13 at 1:49pmpost #12837 of 211864/12/13 at 1:59pmpost #12838 of 211864/12/13 at 2:03pmpost #12839 of 211864/12/13 at 2:06pm
You are spot on. There is something with the Audezesound that keeps me fascinated and hooked onto the MUSIC.
I´ll keep´em all and have my own museum for the "old days" to come....
Edited by Loevhagen - 4/12/13 at 2:07pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 2 minutes ago
- › Xduoo X2 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2s appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...