- 426 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: The REAL Music Capital of Texas (Denton, Texas)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 856post #12826 of 199514/11/13 at 6:24amLoving the 202s! I had a pair, myself. They're a gateway drug, be warned.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12827 of 199514/11/13 at 7:55am
Omg, bet that sound sick :) How well do the tubes preserve the bass? (Or what tubes are you using?) I'm getting a LDI+ for my Grados and I'm wondering if it'll be usable with my bass-heavy headphones.post #12828 of 199514/11/13 at 8:27ampost #12829 of 199514/11/13 at 8:29am
Re-did the dining room table-cum-headfi station just now. Last thing I'd like to get (for now) is a dedicated DAC for my laptop. Not pictured are my Grado SR-225i headphones and CMOY amp which are in the other room.post #12830 of 199514/11/13 at 11:13ampost #12831 of 199514/11/13 at 1:10pmQuote:
+1. This is the first I've heard of it but it looks very interesting. Its got a similar design to the Brainwavz HM5, is there any connection there?post #12832 of 199514/12/13 at 5:36am
I guess I brought some old memories with that 202's. Thx for the tips on the new models. The 202's are really nice but in the hands of my gf they started falling apart :(
I found the wallet comment hilarious :Dpost #12833 of 199514/12/13 at 7:15amQuote:
It's supposedly all Spider's design, though the cups are likely OEM of some sort. They're a whole lot more shallow than the HM5, but are similar in materials (heavy plastic with metal reinforcement) to the best of my knowledge.post #12834 of 199514/12/13 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by HolyCheese
Hey! Those 202's were my first cans! That's funny. I tought my first can always was the hd518 but now I remember them. As far as I can remember I always enjoyed them but they died after I tried to walk away from my pc the n'th time while they were plugged in.
A good solid step up would be the hd518 or the hd558. :)
Oh btw here are some additions to my setup.
A headphone stand:
Some of the best headphones I have ever heard:
What exactly are the phones at the bottom here?post #12835 of 199514/12/13 at 1:37pmpost #12836 of 199514/12/13 at 1:49pmpost #12837 of 199514/12/13 at 1:59pmpost #12838 of 199514/12/13 at 2:03pmpost #12839 of 199514/12/13 at 2:06pm
You are spot on. There is something with the Audezesound that keeps me fascinated and hooked onto the MUSIC.
I´ll keep´em all and have my own museum for the "old days" to come....
Edited by Loevhagen - 4/12/13 at 2:07pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 29 seconds ago
- › Best MUSIC SERVER: WEISS 301, Aurender, LUMIN.... ? HELP ! 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › $50 headphones 1 minute ago
- › When can we have next Calgary Canada Head-fi meet 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 2 minutes ago
- › fiio e12 excellent condition free ship and paypal 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2