- 426 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: The REAL Music Capital of Texas (Denton, Texas)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 856post #12826 of 216544/11/13 at 6:24amLoving the 202s! I had a pair, myself. They're a gateway drug, be warned.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12827 of 216544/11/13 at 7:55am
Omg, bet that sound sick :) How well do the tubes preserve the bass? (Or what tubes are you using?) I'm getting a LDI+ for my Grados and I'm wondering if it'll be usable with my bass-heavy headphones.post #12828 of 216544/11/13 at 8:27ampost #12829 of 216544/11/13 at 8:29am
Re-did the dining room table-cum-headfi station just now. Last thing I'd like to get (for now) is a dedicated DAC for my laptop. Not pictured are my Grado SR-225i headphones and CMOY amp which are in the other room.post #12830 of 216544/11/13 at 11:13ampost #12831 of 216544/11/13 at 1:10pmQuote:
+1. This is the first I've heard of it but it looks very interesting. Its got a similar design to the Brainwavz HM5, is there any connection there?post #12832 of 216544/12/13 at 5:36am
I guess I brought some old memories with that 202's. Thx for the tips on the new models. The 202's are really nice but in the hands of my gf they started falling apart :(
I found the wallet comment hilarious :Dpost #12833 of 216544/12/13 at 7:15amQuote:
It's supposedly all Spider's design, though the cups are likely OEM of some sort. They're a whole lot more shallow than the HM5, but are similar in materials (heavy plastic with metal reinforcement) to the best of my knowledge.post #12834 of 216544/12/13 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by HolyCheese
Hey! Those 202's were my first cans! That's funny. I tought my first can always was the hd518 but now I remember them. As far as I can remember I always enjoyed them but they died after I tried to walk away from my pc the n'th time while they were plugged in.
A good solid step up would be the hd518 or the hd558. :)
Oh btw here are some additions to my setup.
A headphone stand:
Some of the best headphones I have ever heard:
What exactly are the phones at the bottom here?post #12835 of 216544/12/13 at 1:37pmpost #12836 of 216544/12/13 at 1:49pmpost #12837 of 216544/12/13 at 1:59pmpost #12838 of 216544/12/13 at 2:03pmpost #12839 of 216544/12/13 at 2:06pm
You are spot on. There is something with the Audezesound that keeps me fascinated and hooked onto the MUSIC.
I´ll keep´em all and have my own museum for the "old days" to come....
Edited by Loevhagen - 4/12/13 at 2:07pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 15 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 43 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review 46 seconds ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 54 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 56 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear