Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 838post #12556 of 202263/30/13 at 8:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12557 of 202263/30/13 at 8:35pmpost #12558 of 202263/30/13 at 8:37pmpost #12559 of 202263/30/13 at 11:59pmQuote:
How's the QuteHD in comparison to the Metrum?post #12560 of 202263/31/13 at 5:00amQuote:
Nice, own Grace Design m903 and Denon AH-D7000 which works out to be a good combo together. Real short if you don't mind me asking; how is TH-900 and m903, and how is it comparatively if you ever tried D7000 with it, please? :)post #12561 of 202263/31/13 at 6:26pmOkay, so in a closet in my grandmas house, I found a pair of "Realistic" Minimus-7 micro bookshelf speakers. Ive been listening to them for a bit, and they have some really good treble, nice and clean and present, the mids are very centered and detailed, but the bass is practically non-existant. I might make a cheap desktop rig with them and a cheap Lepai speaker amp just for fun. Will get pictures up soon! They're not as good as my Sony SS-B1000 7"ers, but they're more detailed than my current desktop setup. Sony's are staying with the turntable and the Realistics might be replacing my Cyber-acoustics desktop speakers. Is anyone familiar with this brand?post #12562 of 202263/31/13 at 6:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff
Okay, so in a closet in my grandmas house, I found a pair of "Realistic" Minimus-7 micro bookshelf speakers. Ive been listening to them for a bit, and they have some really good treble, nice and clean and present, the mids are very centered and detailed, but the bass is practically non-existant. I might make a cheap desktop rig with them and a cheap Lepai speaker amp just for fun. Will get pictures up soon! They're not as good as my Sony SS-B1000 7"ers, but they're more detailed than my current desktop setup. Sony's are staying with the turntable and the Realistics might be replacing my Cyber-acoustics desktop speakers. Is anyone familiar with this brand?
Radio Shack.post #12563 of 202263/31/13 at 6:33pmpost #12564 of 202263/31/13 at 6:45pmThey sound pretty spiffy for free XD the bass in them is just crap TBH. Maybe the subs are near the end of their life, but to hear decent bass I have to turn the knob alllll the way over.post #12565 of 202263/31/13 at 6:58pm
They're popular speakers to upgrade through mods and hacks. Check Audiogon -- there are a few old threads discussing what you can do.post #12566 of 202263/31/13 at 7:00pmpost #12567 of 202263/31/13 at 10:17pmpost #12568 of 202263/31/13 at 10:38pmpost #12569 of 202263/31/13 at 10:50pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 5 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 32 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Wharfedale Diamond 220 Bookshelf Speakers 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2