Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 838post #12556 of 216663/30/13 at 8:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12557 of 216663/30/13 at 8:35pmpost #12558 of 216663/30/13 at 8:37pmpost #12559 of 216663/30/13 at 11:59pmQuote:
How's the QuteHD in comparison to the Metrum?post #12560 of 216663/31/13 at 5:00amQuote:
Nice, own Grace Design m903 and Denon AH-D7000 which works out to be a good combo together. Real short if you don't mind me asking; how is TH-900 and m903, and how is it comparatively if you ever tried D7000 with it, please? :)post #12561 of 216663/31/13 at 6:26pmOkay, so in a closet in my grandmas house, I found a pair of "Realistic" Minimus-7 micro bookshelf speakers. Ive been listening to them for a bit, and they have some really good treble, nice and clean and present, the mids are very centered and detailed, but the bass is practically non-existant. I might make a cheap desktop rig with them and a cheap Lepai speaker amp just for fun. Will get pictures up soon! They're not as good as my Sony SS-B1000 7"ers, but they're more detailed than my current desktop setup. Sony's are staying with the turntable and the Realistics might be replacing my Cyber-acoustics desktop speakers. Is anyone familiar with this brand?post #12562 of 216663/31/13 at 6:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff
Okay, so in a closet in my grandmas house, I found a pair of "Realistic" Minimus-7 micro bookshelf speakers. Ive been listening to them for a bit, and they have some really good treble, nice and clean and present, the mids are very centered and detailed, but the bass is practically non-existant. I might make a cheap desktop rig with them and a cheap Lepai speaker amp just for fun. Will get pictures up soon! They're not as good as my Sony SS-B1000 7"ers, but they're more detailed than my current desktop setup. Sony's are staying with the turntable and the Realistics might be replacing my Cyber-acoustics desktop speakers. Is anyone familiar with this brand?
Radio Shack.post #12563 of 216663/31/13 at 6:33pmpost #12564 of 216663/31/13 at 6:45pmThey sound pretty spiffy for free XD the bass in them is just crap TBH. Maybe the subs are near the end of their life, but to hear decent bass I have to turn the knob alllll the way over.post #12565 of 216663/31/13 at 6:58pm
They're popular speakers to upgrade through mods and hacks. Check Audiogon -- there are a few old threads discussing what you can do.post #12566 of 216663/31/13 at 7:00pmpost #12567 of 216663/31/13 at 10:17pmpost #12568 of 216663/31/13 at 10:38pmpost #12569 of 216663/31/13 at 10:50pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 18 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AirPods 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear