Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 836post #12526 of 174013/29/13 at 11:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12527 of 174013/30/13 at 3:10am
I've posted some impressions on the HD800 thread in the summit forum over the last few days. They're the best hp's I've heard yet :)post #12528 of 174013/30/13 at 4:42amQuote:
First off a tripod is a must, generally anything slower than 1/60 will get blurry.
Low ISO is also a must, it decreases the noise.
Other than that you can play around with the settings, personally I like a large aperture for low light shots because it pulls the subject closer and you get some nice bokeh :)
Hope that helps
I need to get my camera fixed :(post #12529 of 174013/30/13 at 4:55amIve got a Sony DSLR, I know how to do all those things but for the life of me I cant figure out how to set the aperture... any have any suggestions?
-edit- DANGIT. I'm terrible at having epic posts.... worst 500th post ever ...post #12530 of 174013/30/13 at 5:40am
Most DSLRs have two knobs. One knob has the letters, P, A, S, M, and the word Auto on it. Set that that to A, which puts it in aperture priority mode. Then, there should be a smaller knob with no letters on it. This is a multifunctional knob depending on which mode you are in. Turn that to set the desire aperture. You'll see the values change on the screen. Usually, there is an F in front of the number.post #12531 of 174013/30/13 at 5:41amQuote:
LOL...sorry about the unepic 500th. I'm not sure about the Sony but on my Canon and on the Nikons I've used the aperture is controlled by the control wheel + an function button on the Canon it's one of the two zoom in/zoom out buttons, I can't remember which. Hope that helps with the Sony.post #12532 of 174013/30/13 at 6:51ampost #12533 of 174013/30/13 at 7:08ampost #12534 of 174013/30/13 at 7:09am
Apologies for the low res pic, its from my phone. Here's what the curent status of my rig looks like. Its DSD capable, fully balanced, and oh so musical with my modded T1 (Black Dragon cable). Happy listening here!post #12535 of 174013/30/13 at 7:50ampost #12536 of 174013/30/13 at 7:57amQuote:
A balanced cable into a balanced amp.
into a cable that looks like this
Credits to Schiit and BTG Audio.post #12537 of 174013/30/13 at 7:59am
My friend with a fancy camera came over the other day and I shot some good shots of the rig. I'll post them once be sends them my way. I post here too much already, but I can't help it when they're not iPhone pics.post #12538 of 174013/30/13 at 8:07ampost #12539 of 174013/30/13 at 8:33amQuote:
You don't see much TEAC stuff around these parts. How do you like it? Any chance you've heard their dedicated headphone amp?
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 8 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 5 minutes ago
- › Tube rolling 5 minutes ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 7 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude