Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 836post #12526 of 178883/29/13 at 11:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12527 of 178883/30/13 at 3:10am
I've posted some impressions on the HD800 thread in the summit forum over the last few days. They're the best hp's I've heard yet :)post #12528 of 178883/30/13 at 4:42amQuote:
First off a tripod is a must, generally anything slower than 1/60 will get blurry.
Low ISO is also a must, it decreases the noise.
Other than that you can play around with the settings, personally I like a large aperture for low light shots because it pulls the subject closer and you get some nice bokeh :)
Hope that helps
I need to get my camera fixed :(post #12529 of 178883/30/13 at 4:55amIve got a Sony DSLR, I know how to do all those things but for the life of me I cant figure out how to set the aperture... any have any suggestions?
-edit- DANGIT. I'm terrible at having epic posts.... worst 500th post ever ...post #12530 of 178883/30/13 at 5:40am
Most DSLRs have two knobs. One knob has the letters, P, A, S, M, and the word Auto on it. Set that that to A, which puts it in aperture priority mode. Then, there should be a smaller knob with no letters on it. This is a multifunctional knob depending on which mode you are in. Turn that to set the desire aperture. You'll see the values change on the screen. Usually, there is an F in front of the number.post #12531 of 178883/30/13 at 5:41amQuote:
LOL...sorry about the unepic 500th. I'm not sure about the Sony but on my Canon and on the Nikons I've used the aperture is controlled by the control wheel + an function button on the Canon it's one of the two zoom in/zoom out buttons, I can't remember which. Hope that helps with the Sony.post #12532 of 178883/30/13 at 6:51ampost #12533 of 178883/30/13 at 7:08ampost #12534 of 178883/30/13 at 7:09am
Apologies for the low res pic, its from my phone. Here's what the curent status of my rig looks like. Its DSD capable, fully balanced, and oh so musical with my modded T1 (Black Dragon cable). Happy listening here!post #12535 of 178883/30/13 at 7:50ampost #12536 of 178883/30/13 at 7:57amQuote:
A balanced cable into a balanced amp.
into a cable that looks like this
Credits to Schiit and BTG Audio.post #12537 of 178883/30/13 at 7:59am
My friend with a fancy camera came over the other day and I shot some good shots of the rig. I'll post them once be sends them my way. I post here too much already, but I can't help it when they're not iPhone pics.post #12538 of 178883/30/13 at 8:07ampost #12539 of 178883/30/13 at 8:33amQuote:
You don't see much TEAC stuff around these parts. How do you like it? Any chance you've heard their dedicated headphone amp?
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S Mezmerize US Cellular (uses wolfson wm8994 DAC) 17 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Lehmann black cube Linear 4 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude