Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 836post #12526 of 189583/29/13 at 11:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12527 of 189583/30/13 at 3:10am
I've posted some impressions on the HD800 thread in the summit forum over the last few days. They're the best hp's I've heard yet :)post #12528 of 189583/30/13 at 4:42amQuote:
First off a tripod is a must, generally anything slower than 1/60 will get blurry.
Low ISO is also a must, it decreases the noise.
Other than that you can play around with the settings, personally I like a large aperture for low light shots because it pulls the subject closer and you get some nice bokeh :)
Hope that helps
I need to get my camera fixed :(post #12529 of 189583/30/13 at 4:55amIve got a Sony DSLR, I know how to do all those things but for the life of me I cant figure out how to set the aperture... any have any suggestions?
-edit- DANGIT. I'm terrible at having epic posts.... worst 500th post ever ...post #12530 of 189583/30/13 at 5:40am
Most DSLRs have two knobs. One knob has the letters, P, A, S, M, and the word Auto on it. Set that that to A, which puts it in aperture priority mode. Then, there should be a smaller knob with no letters on it. This is a multifunctional knob depending on which mode you are in. Turn that to set the desire aperture. You'll see the values change on the screen. Usually, there is an F in front of the number.post #12531 of 189583/30/13 at 5:41amQuote:
LOL...sorry about the unepic 500th. I'm not sure about the Sony but on my Canon and on the Nikons I've used the aperture is controlled by the control wheel + an function button on the Canon it's one of the two zoom in/zoom out buttons, I can't remember which. Hope that helps with the Sony.post #12532 of 189583/30/13 at 6:51ampost #12533 of 189583/30/13 at 7:08ampost #12534 of 189583/30/13 at 7:09am
Apologies for the low res pic, its from my phone. Here's what the curent status of my rig looks like. Its DSD capable, fully balanced, and oh so musical with my modded T1 (Black Dragon cable). Happy listening here!post #12535 of 189583/30/13 at 7:50ampost #12536 of 189583/30/13 at 7:57amQuote:
A balanced cable into a balanced amp.
into a cable that looks like this
Credits to Schiit and BTG Audio.post #12537 of 189583/30/13 at 7:59am
My friend with a fancy camera came over the other day and I shot some good shots of the rig. I'll post them once be sends them my way. I post here too much already, but I can't help it when they're not iPhone pics.post #12538 of 189583/30/13 at 8:07ampost #12539 of 189583/30/13 at 8:33amQuote:
You don't see much TEAC stuff around these parts. How do you like it? Any chance you've heard their dedicated headphone amp?
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 37 seconds ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 50 seconds ago
- › CD to FLAC on MAC 55 seconds ago
- › Epic Woo WA5 / Eddie Current 4-45 Shootout 2 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones that keep ears cool 2 minutes ago
- › TAD DA 1000: quitte nice DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD 580 w/ White Drivers, HD600 Grills, and HD650... 4 minutes ago
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)