Awesome! Thanks for reminding me to listen to the new Puscifer album Morbid. =)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 824post #12346 of 190423/23/13 at 8:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12347 of 190423/23/13 at 8:39pmpost #12348 of 190423/23/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
My grandma had one when we were kids, it was fun. Definitely one of the coolest toys ever made. ;)post #12349 of 190423/23/13 at 9:13pm
I really enjoyed it. Psyched for a new full album.post #12350 of 190423/24/13 at 12:44amQuote:
Is it wrong that this post came immediately after a very impressive speaker/dac setup and I'm a little more giggly over the Fisher Price?
I swear, I totally want someone to run a DBT with a high end turntable vs the FP turntable just for laughs. (does that thing even have outputs?)post #12351 of 190423/24/13 at 1:33ampost #12352 of 190423/24/13 at 1:48ampost #12353 of 190423/24/13 at 2:23ampost #12354 of 190423/24/13 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Tus-Chan
Click for image (Click to show)
I can't decide if this is the best or worst children's toy ever invented.
Depends on whether the kids' or dad's records got played on it.Quote:
Nope! That'd be an interesting hack. I wonder if the amp circuit even does RIAA eq.post #12355 of 190423/24/13 at 4:25ampost #12356 of 190423/24/13 at 4:31ampost #12357 of 190423/24/13 at 5:36am
If I was to venture a guess, and it's just a guess, it may be because it is less prone to vibration and resonance.post #12358 of 190423/24/13 at 8:21am
It doesn't. The weight of the vinyl itself has nothing to do with it.
In the earlier days of thicker records the 180g stuff was often warped and generally crap. This is no longer true and for the most part the shoe is on the other foot. 180g records can generally trusted to be less warped than lighter stuff. Warps can effect SQ, but that's more the pressing process than the actual weight.
There's a discussion going on Steve Hoffman forums right now about the myth of 180g 'Audiophile vinyl'. They're saying that they'd gladly shave $10 or so off LPs and take a standard weight disc. I agree. I'd rather have more music than thicker music.
EDIT: If you find a thicker disc sounds better it's probably because the master is better.post #12359 of 190423/24/13 at 8:25ampost #12360 of 190423/24/13 at 8:29am
I think the buzzword you SHOULD look for though is 'Virgin vinyl'. That will make a difference.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Koss Portapro Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 11 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3