Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 824

post #12346 of 18741
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

 

They're finally here.

 

On right now.

Got 'em tonight.

Awesome! Thanks for reminding me to listen to the new Puscifer album Morbid.   =)

post #12347 of 18741
Click for image (Click to show)

 

I can't decide if this is the best or worst children's toy ever invented.

post #12348 of 18741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

 

I can't decide if this is the best or worst children's toy ever invented.

 

My grandma had one when we were kids, it was fun. Definitely one of the coolest toys ever made. ;)

post #12349 of 18741

I really enjoyed it. Psyched for a new full album.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestoredSparda View Post

Awesome! Thanks for reminding me to listen to the new Puscifer album Morbid.   =)

post #12350 of 18741
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor991 View Post

Turntables too :)

I saw one just like this at a friend's garage sale, totally real and it works. He said it might just need a new needle.

 

 

Is it wrong that this post came immediately after a very impressive speaker/dac setup and I'm a little more giggly over the Fisher Price? cool.gif

 

I swear, I totally want someone to run a DBT with a high end turntable vs the FP turntable just for laughs. (does that thing even have outputs?)

post #12351 of 18741

 

:). I'm not sure why it's so blurry / grainy. Think I left it on the macro setting but oh well, too lazy to re-do.

post #12352 of 18741

I like how your escape key is just some random orange.

post #12353 of 18741

 

 

 

 

.....................not really, close though.

 

 


Edited by Redcarmoose - 3/24/13 at 6:16am
post #12354 of 18741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

Click for image (Click to show)

 

I can't decide if this is the best or worst children's toy ever invented.

 

Depends on whether the kids' or dad's records got played on it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

I swear, I totally want someone to run a DBT with a high end turntable vs the FP turntable just for laughs. (does that thing even have outputs?)

 

Nope! That'd be an interesting hack. I wonder if the amp circuit even does RIAA eq.

post #12355 of 18741
While we're on the subject of vinyl, can someone give me a brief overview as to WHY a heavier disc sounds better? I know it does, I just want to know WHY.
post #12356 of 18741

Less entropy?

post #12357 of 18741

If I was to venture a guess, and it's just a guess, it may be because it is less prone to vibration and resonance. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

While we're on the subject of vinyl, can someone give me a brief overview as to WHY a heavier disc sounds better? I know it does, I just want to know WHY.
post #12358 of 18741

It doesn't. The weight of the vinyl itself has nothing to do with it.

 

In the earlier days of thicker records the 180g stuff was often warped and generally crap. This is no longer true and for the most part the shoe is on the other foot. 180g records can generally trusted to be less warped than lighter stuff. Warps can effect SQ, but that's more the pressing process than the actual weight.

 

There's a discussion going on Steve Hoffman forums right now about the myth of 180g 'Audiophile vinyl'. They're saying that they'd gladly shave $10 or so off LPs and take a standard weight disc. I agree. I'd rather have more music than thicker music.

 

EDIT: If you find a thicker disc sounds better it's probably because the master is better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

While we're on the subject of vinyl, can someone give me a brief overview as to WHY a heavier disc sounds better? I know it does, I just want to know WHY.
post #12359 of 18741

Ah, thanks MT. Yeah, all the heavy discs i have (Kind of Blue, Etc..) are labeled with "180g audiophile vinyl", so I was wondering why.

post #12360 of 18741

I think the buzzword you SHOULD look for though is 'Virgin vinyl'. That will make a difference.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

Ah, thanks MT. Yeah, all the heavy discs i have (Kind of Blue, Etc..) are labeled with "180g audiophile vinyl", so I was wondering why.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...