Awesome! Thanks for reminding me to listen to the new Puscifer album Morbid. =)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 824post #12346 of 189583/23/13 at 8:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12347 of 189583/23/13 at 8:39pmpost #12348 of 189583/23/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
My grandma had one when we were kids, it was fun. Definitely one of the coolest toys ever made. ;)post #12349 of 189583/23/13 at 9:13pm
I really enjoyed it. Psyched for a new full album.post #12350 of 189583/24/13 at 12:44amQuote:
Is it wrong that this post came immediately after a very impressive speaker/dac setup and I'm a little more giggly over the Fisher Price?
I swear, I totally want someone to run a DBT with a high end turntable vs the FP turntable just for laughs. (does that thing even have outputs?)post #12351 of 189583/24/13 at 1:33ampost #12352 of 189583/24/13 at 1:48ampost #12353 of 189583/24/13 at 2:23ampost #12354 of 189583/24/13 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Tus-Chan
Click for image (Click to show)
I can't decide if this is the best or worst children's toy ever invented.
Depends on whether the kids' or dad's records got played on it.Quote:
Nope! That'd be an interesting hack. I wonder if the amp circuit even does RIAA eq.post #12355 of 189583/24/13 at 4:25ampost #12356 of 189583/24/13 at 4:31ampost #12357 of 189583/24/13 at 5:36am
If I was to venture a guess, and it's just a guess, it may be because it is less prone to vibration and resonance.post #12358 of 189583/24/13 at 8:21am
It doesn't. The weight of the vinyl itself has nothing to do with it.
In the earlier days of thicker records the 180g stuff was often warped and generally crap. This is no longer true and for the most part the shoe is on the other foot. 180g records can generally trusted to be less warped than lighter stuff. Warps can effect SQ, but that's more the pressing process than the actual weight.
There's a discussion going on Steve Hoffman forums right now about the myth of 180g 'Audiophile vinyl'. They're saying that they'd gladly shave $10 or so off LPs and take a standard weight disc. I agree. I'd rather have more music than thicker music.
EDIT: If you find a thicker disc sounds better it's probably because the master is better.post #12359 of 189583/24/13 at 8:25ampost #12360 of 189583/24/13 at 8:29am
I think the buzzword you SHOULD look for though is 'Virgin vinyl'. That will make a difference.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Hey Hi everyone would like to ask for recommendation for pop songs 36 seconds ago
- › Headphones recommendation for $220 or less 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Returned Shure se215, NEED HELP FINDING IEM! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › San Jose, CA - Super Mini Meet? 6 minutes ago
- › Is there any neutral closed cans with good punchy bass? 7 minutes ago
- › Spinfit tips 8 minutes ago
- › Should I Get Custom In Ear monitors under 350 or Remold Good IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)