Awesome! Thanks for reminding me to listen to the new Puscifer album Morbid. =)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
if u are looking for a great dac you can better buy new motherboard with supreme fx it sound practicly the same and its cheaper
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 824post #12346 of 189253/23/13 at 8:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12347 of 189253/23/13 at 8:39pmpost #12348 of 189253/23/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
My grandma had one when we were kids, it was fun. Definitely one of the coolest toys ever made. ;)post #12349 of 189253/23/13 at 9:13pm
I really enjoyed it. Psyched for a new full album.post #12350 of 189253/24/13 at 12:44amQuote:
Is it wrong that this post came immediately after a very impressive speaker/dac setup and I'm a little more giggly over the Fisher Price?
I swear, I totally want someone to run a DBT with a high end turntable vs the FP turntable just for laughs. (does that thing even have outputs?)post #12351 of 189253/24/13 at 1:33ampost #12352 of 189253/24/13 at 1:48ampost #12353 of 189253/24/13 at 2:23ampost #12354 of 189253/24/13 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Tus-Chan
Click for image (Click to show)
I can't decide if this is the best or worst children's toy ever invented.
Depends on whether the kids' or dad's records got played on it.Quote:
Nope! That'd be an interesting hack. I wonder if the amp circuit even does RIAA eq.post #12355 of 189253/24/13 at 4:25ampost #12356 of 189253/24/13 at 4:31ampost #12357 of 189253/24/13 at 5:36am
If I was to venture a guess, and it's just a guess, it may be because it is less prone to vibration and resonance.post #12358 of 189253/24/13 at 8:21am
It doesn't. The weight of the vinyl itself has nothing to do with it.
In the earlier days of thicker records the 180g stuff was often warped and generally crap. This is no longer true and for the most part the shoe is on the other foot. 180g records can generally trusted to be less warped than lighter stuff. Warps can effect SQ, but that's more the pressing process than the actual weight.
There's a discussion going on Steve Hoffman forums right now about the myth of 180g 'Audiophile vinyl'. They're saying that they'd gladly shave $10 or so off LPs and take a standard weight disc. I agree. I'd rather have more music than thicker music.
EDIT: If you find a thicker disc sounds better it's probably because the master is better.post #12359 of 189253/24/13 at 8:25ampost #12360 of 189253/24/13 at 8:29am
I think the buzzword you SHOULD look for though is 'Virgin vinyl'. That will make a difference.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 21 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 51 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › WIN Sennheiser HD 800 and a year worth of HDtracks downloads! 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D by Pokerstar
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)