Awesome! Thanks for reminding me to listen to the new Puscifer album Morbid. =)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Bravo V2 is an attractive and inexpensive "pseudo-tube/hybrid" amp that is easily accessible to beginner DIYers if modifications are desired (which they definitely are as I will expand on...
Introduction This is a review of the Sennheirser HD 202 headphone. At the time of the review, the cans were at eleven months of near-continuous use. Bear with me, as this is only my second...
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 824post #12346 of 194733/23/13 at 8:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12347 of 194733/23/13 at 8:39pmpost #12348 of 194733/23/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
My grandma had one when we were kids, it was fun. Definitely one of the coolest toys ever made. ;)post #12349 of 194733/23/13 at 9:13pm
I really enjoyed it. Psyched for a new full album.post #12350 of 194733/24/13 at 12:44amQuote:
Is it wrong that this post came immediately after a very impressive speaker/dac setup and I'm a little more giggly over the Fisher Price?
I swear, I totally want someone to run a DBT with a high end turntable vs the FP turntable just for laughs. (does that thing even have outputs?)post #12351 of 194733/24/13 at 1:33ampost #12352 of 194733/24/13 at 1:48ampost #12353 of 194733/24/13 at 2:23ampost #12354 of 194733/24/13 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Tus-Chan
Click for image (Click to show)
I can't decide if this is the best or worst children's toy ever invented.
Depends on whether the kids' or dad's records got played on it.Quote:
Nope! That'd be an interesting hack. I wonder if the amp circuit even does RIAA eq.post #12355 of 194733/24/13 at 4:25ampost #12356 of 194733/24/13 at 4:31ampost #12357 of 194733/24/13 at 5:36am
If I was to venture a guess, and it's just a guess, it may be because it is less prone to vibration and resonance.post #12358 of 194733/24/13 at 8:21am
It doesn't. The weight of the vinyl itself has nothing to do with it.
In the earlier days of thicker records the 180g stuff was often warped and generally crap. This is no longer true and for the most part the shoe is on the other foot. 180g records can generally trusted to be less warped than lighter stuff. Warps can effect SQ, but that's more the pressing process than the actual weight.
There's a discussion going on Steve Hoffman forums right now about the myth of 180g 'Audiophile vinyl'. They're saying that they'd gladly shave $10 or so off LPs and take a standard weight disc. I agree. I'd rather have more music than thicker music.
EDIT: If you find a thicker disc sounds better it's probably because the master is better.post #12359 of 194733/24/13 at 8:25ampost #12360 of 194733/24/13 at 8:29am
I think the buzzword you SHOULD look for though is 'Virgin vinyl'. That will make a difference.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 43 seconds ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 1 minute ago
- › Jay Z To Buy Tidal For $56M? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 or Philips X2/27 Fidelio Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › WiMP HiFi - FLAC streaming 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 used in great condition 4 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by serman005
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3